For Sale Burmese star tortoises hatchlings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 02-07-2021, 07:47 AM   #1
rbetz-Tortstork
Burmese star tortoises hatchlings

$1,055 shipped.

-100% captive bred.

-I treat my hatchlings as if they are staying here. They get soaked literally every single morning.

-They are currently being raised in a closed chamber. Burmese require high heat and high humidity. So having a closed chamber is ideal. I keep them on cypress mulch. I don’t mix the mulch with anything. Just straight up mulch from Lugarti.

-I use a 150 watt CHE that is about 15” above the enclosure. I keep the substrate damp so there is condensation that builds up on the walls.

-I also am a believer that too much UVB is worse than not enough. In the first year in the wild they spend it hiding, so they don’t naturally get a lot of UVB. If they get exposed to too much UVB, it builds up and they can not resorb it quick enough. This causes them to become lethargic, have eye issues and starts to break their liver down. This results in dehydration and death. So, for the first 6 months, they get 3 hours of synthetic UVB exposure via a 10.0 zoomed tube light. It’s on a timer, that kicks on at 11am and turns off at 1pm. I keep it inside the closed chamber.

-Besides the proper environment, I feed my babies a variety of greens everyday; collard greens, romaine, arugula, kale, dandelion, escarole, random weeds from back yard, leafy greens, and mazuri (original diet). I also offer them tortoise pellets from Lugarti.

-They get most of their nutrients from their food, but once a week I will dust their food with calcium. I don’t do it more than once a week bc I don’t want a build up of calcium and cause a blockage.

-They have access to fresh water daily, including their morning soaks. I keep the heat lamp on 24/7. I don’t purposely drop the temps at night. It usually drops 2-5 degrees bc all the lights on other tortoise enclosures turn off, but I don’t like dropping their temps at night. It’s dark, which is important, but their heat is still on via CHE.

https://www.tortstork.com/product/bu...tar-hatchling/

Reach out with questions via email or text. tortstork@tortstork.com 215.840.5240

Tortstork Credo
1. Our first responsibility is to the tortoises and turtles we care for. In meeting their needs everything we do is to make sure they are the healthiest they can be.
2. Make sure the customer gets the BEST customer service with speedy responses to emails, iMessages, DM’s, etc.
3. Communicate with integrity, transparency and honesty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1952.jpg (300.7 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg 36C434F0-9EEA-4E19-A756-B943A2338CB7.jpg (372.2 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1958.jpg (195.2 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1959.jpg (176.3 KB, 293 views)
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
burmese star tortoise, burmese tortoise, geochelone platynota, star tortoise