ReptileRefuge-stealing photos and Care Sheets - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-25-2005, 01:28 PM   #111
WetWired
Quote:
"Animal Care Sheet:

Animal info animal info animal info, blah blah blah, more animal info, yak yak yak, more animal info more animal info, yak yak yak.

Regards, Robbie"
- As I've already explained, that was my forum signature, which is present on every single one of my posts, not just the caresheets. They were not even part of the caresheet.

Quote:
I DO NOT think that wetwilly told the truth. I DO think that when he got caught lying he lied again. THAT is what bugged me. And of course moldyp did the same, going even further by actually saying he wrote some of them. Then falconboy came along and said that they didn't lie, they didn't know, they were sorry and that they didn't do anything wrong anyway. Whew, that's a lot of dancin' there boys.
- I love it when you call me by name. It gives me wood, but what you "think" isn't the issue.

Quote:
They got caught and instead of just saying "oops, I didn't know I needed your permisson, is it ok if I use your caresheet if I link it back to you? We get a fair number of hits so maybe you'll get some business from it."
- Scroll back a few pages, and review post number 89.

I've have appologized several times about this. And I assure you, lying never came into play on my part. I simply didn't know about the law, and a didn't think it would cause this big of a problem. Why is that so hard to believe? Why is it so hard to believe that I simply didn't see the "legal notice" on her website? Have you ever made a mistake? I did, and I admited to it. The only thing I'm fighting here is the speculation. Things have been said here that are not true, and I, just like anyone else on this forum, will defend myself.

The fact that I posted caresheets on my forums with permission from the writer is not in question. I've admited to it, and I've appologized for it. When confronted with it, I did exactly what they wanted me to do. After all, it is their work, not mine. I have been nothing but cooperative throughout this entire ordeal.

Yes, I did do something wrong, and I acknowledge that. I have since corrected the problem. However, I have not lied. Not once. If you can cut 'n paste a subsection of text that you think was a lie, I will provide you with an explaination.

Now, I may be way off here, but it seems to me like you're not "digging for the truth" at all. It sounds to me like you have no interest in this matter. All You've done from the beginning is flame, call names, and be an outright asshole, but I will entertain your questions and comments.

Old 01-25-2005, 01:35 PM   #112
Wilomn
Call it a gut feeling willy. I think you lied. I think you lied more than once.

THAT is my ONLY issue with you and yours.

I concur, you have taken care of the caresheets you used WITHOUT, you wrote WITH again above, and done so in a manner that has pleased those who wrote the sheets. I'm done with the sheets now.

You sure seem to have your back hairs up over what I, someone whom you've never met or most likely heard of, thinks of you. Is that because you got caught lying or because when you didn't tell the truth I was on you for it?

If you let this go, and tell the truth from now on, you'll be fine. If you keep harping on it you may well wish you hadn't. Your reputation is the one geing questioned here and frankly, you're not doing much to help yourself.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:16 PM   #113
WebSlave
OK, I read through most of this thread and agree with some comments that this is not an appropriate thread for the BOI. As such, I am moving it to the Web Watch forum, which is likely the better spot for it to reside in.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:17 PM   #114
shrap
Quote:
- As I've already explained, that was my forum signature, which is present on every single one of my posts, not just the caresheets. They were not even part of the caresheet.
All I am saying is that the way the care sheets were presented it implied that you wrote them. What would anyone think after reading a long, in depth care sheet and seeing "Regards Robbie" at the end of it?

Call it your sig all you want, but I think you know as well as I do what it implied and you did nothing to dispel the implications anywhere on your site.

You can play semantics all you want, try to word it in a way that looks less damaging, but I firmly believe you knew exactly what you were doing. Remeber, I was a user of your site at one time and know you and some your mods history with that site. So you can try to BS the people that don't know the history, but you can't BS me. I KNOW better, Robbie.

Like I already said, this had no place on the BOI anyway, IMHO. So just quit with the BS, learn a little word called integrity and let it go.

Old 01-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #115
WetWired
Quote:
Call it a gut feeling willy. I think you lied. I think you lied more than once.
I'm not interested in your "gut feeling". Nor am I interested in what you think. Gut feelings do not resolve to facts. The fact that you have a warning level of 88, mainly consisting of name calling and derogatory remarks to members of this forum does not help your case. As I said before, you're here for nothing but a flame war.

Quote:
You sure seem to have your back hairs up over what I, someone whom you've never met or most likely heard of, thinks of you. Is that because you got caught lying or because when you didn't tell the truth I was on you for it?
I don't have my back hairs up about anything. I find your remarks more humorous than anything else.

Quote:
If you let this go, and tell the truth from now on, you'll be fine. If you keep harping on it you may well wish you hadn't. Your reputation is the one geing questioned here and frankly, you're not doing much to help yourself.
Is that a threat? I sure hope so. Additionally, I've stated many times that I have not lied, and you have yet to show any relevant evidence otherwise. I've also stated that I do not give a damn about my reputation. People are going to believe that they want to believe, and there's nothing I can do to stop that. If someone doesn't like me, so be it. I assure you, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Quote:
Call it your sig all you want, but I think you know as well as I do what it implied and you did nothing to dispel the implications anywhere on your site.
It is my signature, you moron. Why don't you go take a look for yourself?

Quote:
You can play semantics all you want, try to word it in a way that looks less damaging, but I firmly believe you knew exactly what you were doing. Remeber, I was a user of your site at one time and know you and some your mods history with that site. So you can try to BS the people that don't know the history, but you can't BS me. I KNOW better, Robbie.
Is that so? I'd like to hear some of this said "history" you speak of. I'd like to hear what you think you know about me. C'mon, enlighten me.

Quote:
Like I already said, this had no place on the BOI anyway, IMHO. So just quit with the BS, learn a little word called integrity and let it go.
I had let is go, dingus. Now, because YOU won't let it go, I'm forced to come back to defend myself. Maybe you should take some of your own advise.

Old 01-25-2005, 05:09 PM   #116
Moldypotat0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
All I am saying is that the way the care sheets were presented it implied that you wrote them. What would anyone think after reading a long, in depth care sheet and seeing "Regards Robbie" at the end of it?

I for a fact know that Robbie did not imply to make it look like he wrote the care sheets in which he did not write. That is his signature for a fact. Also it has been since the start of the forum. he is not playing games and he is not lying. He has told me he did no write many things because he simply does not own them. But it would've been a good idea to credit the owners, if he knew the real owner.

History is history, shrap. People can change. For example, I was not the smartest person in the bunch. I still am not either. But I am much more mature about many things and much more intelligent than I was before. Now I don't know what happened between you and the other as I was not in reptilerefuge for probably a month or two including the worm. So I have no say in what happened or what didn't happen.

For your information, I have mailed reptletrader many times with long messages and I have yet to recieve a reply. I don't know if anyone else read the forum board when we were chatting but i did not change my sotry. If you still feel hostile towards me and think I really did change my story, feel free to post your questions, statements, and/or comments...

My personal thoughts on reptletrader are- respectable person but not the greatest reader, or proof reader at that. I mailed him once already before the multiple messages I have sent out. I stated my name I believe, or atleast he put it out as it was me in his message... He though I was Falcon as I can tell. He stated that wetwired had posted and moldypotato has also posted.......

I assure you that wetwired understand the laws of copyrights now and he will never do it again. I believe he has learned his lesson.

i don't know how much this will affect any thoughts upon us or the forum. it seems no matter what we say we are always explained to be larger jackasses than we were claimed to be before that.

I truly would like to stop this fighting but I simply cannot as it seems like this thread will never end. All I can really say now is that I apoligize for editing someone elses care sheet without their permission and I did not know it was copyrighted, anyone else's but wetwired's or a fellow members, or a care sheet that has no copyright. That is one reason i personally told wetwired- I will write my own care sheet. I knew few about copyright laws and did not want to get in trouble. I suppose he thought that I wrote it as I said I would write a new leo care sheet before that.

Like some said, admit you were wrong, wetwired did. Say you are sorry and mean it. I believe we all did. And lastly, MOVE ON!

Old 01-25-2005, 09:15 PM   #117
Moldypotat0
I am wondering why my post was switched to be after wetwired's. I posted before him. He posted awhile after me. Something is going on.

Old 01-25-2005, 09:17 PM   #118
WetWired
There was an error message on this forum a while ago. Something about the forum clock knocking posts "out of whack".

Old 01-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #119
WebSlave
That is correct. This evening when the hard drives were removed from the flaky server and put into the new one (which a truly hope is not flaky as well), the server clock was off by about 3 hours. So any posts made during that time, before I could fix the clock, could show up earlier then ones posted before it. I made that fix as quickly as I could, but obviously not quick enough in some instances.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:39 AM   #120
paul buckley
i work in a field where i deal with the clearing of rights constantly - for visuals and for words. granted, its late and i'm tired and my eyeballs have rolled into the back of my head a few times over this thread so maybe this was already mentioned - if so, ignore me...but stuff like this falls under the term of intellectual property.

there are many gray areas in intellectual property cases - they are not always so black and white, as this thread illustrates. but certainly, whoever created the work in question retains all rights to its distribution. but on the other side of the coin, the punishment (if necessary at all) should hopefully fit the severity of the offense.

-paul buckley

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!