New Classifieds or Old Classifieds section? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Which classifieds system do you prefer?
Old Classified as it now is (forum based) 36 22.93%
New Classifieds. 119 75.80%
Neither. 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #41
Wilomn
I've pondered this for a couple, well more like a few, hours and this is what I've come up with.

If someone is just complaining, or giving you the feedback you ask for, fine.

But, if they want to whine and cry and act like a baby, then it should be fair game to treat them like one.

The ringneck kid is NOT knew to this. Remember fieldherpers kid? You were acting like a snotnosed brat there for a while too.

It is within the realm of possibility that I was overly harch on the kid. If so, well, what's done is done. I'll try to be "nicer" to the next whiner that comes along.

Presentation is so important to how people react to what is written. I'm just tired of people bitching and moaning and doing nothing else so he may have caught some of that.

Old 02-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #42
Ringneck_Man1
See I have no problem if someone wants to talk about me, as you may know I have had alot of people say alot of things about me. And the 1 thing that still sticks to my "reputation" is the fact that 1 person claimed I was a kid, and many people believed that, which has lost me a few deals, but nothing to "whine" over. I am not a kid, I am 25 years old, that may be young considering their are much older people on these forums, but I do consider myself a grown man.

I did not "whine" in my post, I simply stated my disliking for the reputation system on this forum. That's all, deal with it, no whining involved.

Mike

Old 02-24-2005, 06:09 PM   #43
David Scarboro
Wink Well...

Mike, You are allowed to state your opinion here. That is what this site is all about, and why I LOVE IT! But... without quoting you again, the way you came across to me seemed a little bit juvenile. Maybe I was wrong it's just my opinion, and I get to state it. I think that a well written thought about the subject will get your point across. Sometimes it is not what you say, as much as how you say it!

Old 02-24-2005, 10:27 PM   #44
Classic Dum's
I didnt read all the rtesponces so this may have been said but I voted new for sure. I think it gives the classifieds a differant feel. The BOI is kind of a rough place and the old classifieds look just like the BOI but instead of "I was ripped off by so and so" It says "Boa for sale" in the header but when you wander out of the BOI and into the old it just kinds of feels like your in the same place and your kind of looking at the ads still on gaurd or something I guess. The new feels like a whole new place, just a differant enviroment. I guesds that the best I can describe it, definitly the new.

Old 03-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #45
USAGECKOS
Hey Rich,

When do you plan on making a decision on this?

Old 03-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #46
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGECKOS
Hey Rich,

When do you plan on making a decision on this?
Actually I am waiting on the developer of that software to get back to me. He has an update out and I have sent him a list of some custom modifications I want done at the same time. I modified the code slightly so that the ads could accept embedded HTML code, so it's not just a matter of a plain vanilla upgrade...

So at this point, I don't want to burn one bridge before the other one is prepared to take the full load. He is supposed to get back to me sometime today with an estimate......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!