waterfalls? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
kaykay
waterfalls?

opinions on waterfalls(with fogger) for chameleons.

Old 04-15-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
Dave W.
Howdy Kaelee,

Skip anything that doesn't always supply virgin water to the cham. Waterfalls etc. just end up being a sewer filled with bacteria. Chams almost never drink from anything but dripping water or water dripped/misted onto foliage.

Old 04-16-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
kaykay
The waterfall that i was thinking of getting was one that had a water pump so that the water kept moving and stayed clean. it also has a fogger wich i thought would help to keep the humidity up in the cage seeing as my house stays pretty dry. but if the waterfall is bad for my chameleon i wont get one.

Old 04-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
Mark and Aimee
How is the water going to stay clean?

Old 04-16-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
kaykay
actualy im not really sure how the water stays clean it just said that the water pump kept the water moving and kept out harmful bacteria. but i am very gulible so i bought into everything it said.lol. thats why i wanted to ask you guys.

Old 04-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #6
Mark and Aimee
I strongly believe you will just be circulating dirty water... Some sort of filtration would be necessary to clean the water as it is pumped.

Old 06-22-2005, 03:09 AM   #7
pcfreak
I was planning on getting one 2 to keep the humidity up and thought it would look cool especially with the fogger. Can you just get a fogger by itself and will it harm/stress the cham.
Thanks,
Jacob

Old 07-15-2005, 12:14 AM   #8
waveburn
Actually an easy trick way to keep humidity is I have cool water ultrasonic humidifier made by Vick's placed right in the enclosure (my enclosure's are 30x30x72 so i have plenty of room in the base)I wouldnt suggest a waterfall for them being like a sewage as mentioned above none of the water falls come with any type of bio filter to actually "keep the water clean" plus theyre really bad for bacteria if poo lands in them i wouldnt risk any chance of my cham drinking cessed water i run my humidafiers for a few hrs a day the better ones will hold 2 gallons good for about 14 hrs of use ,you can get them at most stores for better than what waterfalls cost but make sure you get only cool mist and make sure they are ultrasonic ,they actually blow a micro mist thru the enclosure like the popular "foggers" do i also use a hand spray bottle everyother day i also adjust the adjuster so that it blows near only one basking spot and not the entire cage so they can move away from the mist at their leisure ,hope this can be of help to you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!