Joshua Guerrero---anyone delt with him? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-17-2002, 11:36 PM   #1
JasonBrennan
Joshua Guerrero---anyone delt with him?

I was just wondering if anyone had ever dealt with Joshua Guerrero in the past?? I am considering making a purchase from him, and was just curious if anyone has any experiences with him, good or bad??

Thanks in advance.
Jason Brennan

Old 11-18-2002, 02:02 PM   #2
The BoidSmith
Is he the one offering ball pythons in kingsnake.com?

Old 11-18-2002, 08:03 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
[B]His name ringed a bell[/B]

Jason

Although I never bought from him, we exchanged a few e-mails about some ball pythons he was offering for sale. He offered me some "light phase" balls that he was going to be feeding chicks. There is a thread on him on the business discussion section, you can read about it at:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&threadid=2878

Old 11-18-2002, 08:17 PM   #4
ms_terese
When I click on the link that was listed, the discussion comes up about questionable advertising, but the link to the ad is no longer valid.

I am assuming that the ad was placed by the person Jason is asking about, and it was shown that he was advertising the snake as something that doesn't even exist?

Just want to clarify before I form any opinions.

Terese Mansell

Old 11-18-2002, 09:03 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Terese,

You are absolutely right. I'm not saying he is a bad guy, I'm just stating the previous add, where a pair of semi-xanthics were posted for sale.

Here is what I have in my computer:

Subject:
Re: Message about: HAVE A NICE PAIR OF
LIGHT MARKING BALL S FOR SALE
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:17:26 -0800 (PST)
Joshua Guerrero <malbosia777@yahoo.com>
To:
Alvaro Garcia <agarcia@itctel.com>

I have acess to another light phase ball I will check its sex it is about
3 feet.

Alvaro Garcia <agarcia@itctel.com> wrote:

Joshua,

I'm looking particularly for females 1,000 g (2.2 lb)
and heavier. Between 3 and 4 feet. They have to be
healthy and eating regularly as they are for breeding
purposes.

Thanks,

Daniel

Joshua Guerrero wrote:

How big do you need? I am always commong
across animals. I can keep my eye out for you.

agarcia@itctel.com wrote:

Joshua,

Thanks for your reply. I was looking
for something a little larger. Good
luck!

Daniel

>
> The pair origionally came from La
reptiles. The larger of the two is the
> male. They are bothe about two
foot in length. I haven't tried to feed
yet
> but I got some chicks for them. I
am certain because if their body girth

> that they will feed.
> agarcia@itctel.com wrote:Joshua,
>
> With regards to the ball python
pair you offer for sale I would
appreciate if
> you could answer the following
questions:
>
> 1. Which is the male in the
pictures?
> 2. Weight/size?
> 3. What are they eating?
> 4. Who did you buy them from?
> 5. What shipping method do you
use and where are you shipping
from?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Daniel

Old 11-20-2002, 12:11 PM   #6
JasonBrennan
Thanks for the replys and opinions, guys. Yes, it is the pair of light phase ball pythons I was looking at. I had not seen an ad where he called them semi axanthic or semi xanthic. The ad I saw just says light phase, and he is asking $175 for the pair. He said they weigh 75 oz together (around 4.68 lbs), and that the male is larger than the female. I did not think this was a bad price for some what different looking ball pythons. I have no delusions about them being some type of morph, I think they are just light in color, which makes them look a little different. Besides, they have a nice pattern.

Anyways, I had just never heard of the guy except for seeing some of his ads on kingsnake, so I appreciate the responses.

Jason Brennan

Old 11-20-2002, 12:36 PM   #7
NEWReptiles
That Joshua guy scares me. Make sure you ask all the right questions before you purchase anything from him. I recently bought a couple of adult females from a guy in FL (I dont think its the same person)and the entire transaction was a mess. Good luck

Old 11-20-2002, 01:14 PM   #8
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Joshua works for a Reptile Wholesaler/Importer in the Orlando Florida area. Just about all if, not all of the animals he sells are from that reptile Wholesaler/Importer. There is nothing wrong with getting animals from Joshua that I am aware of but make sure you ask all pertinent questions you can about the animals in question.

Old 11-20-2002, 02:09 PM   #9
NEWReptiles
The first thing I would ask is if the are WC?

Old 11-20-2002, 03:24 PM   #10
JasonBrennan
Well, the only thing that he has told me that I didn't like was that he has not gotten them to eat yet. He also went on to say that he can't get any of his bp's to eat "because of the recent cold snap". He also says that they are both fat and healthy, so I don't know.

I myself have one ball python that is fat and healthy, but just does not want to eat lately. I am not worried about that one, thou, because she has always ate in the past. All my other ball pythons are eating just fine (some are outright pigs!) So, I guess my biggest reservation would be the fact that they are not eating, and he has no record of them eating. That is pretty much all we have discussed so far, via email.

Jason Brennan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!