Narbc - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you going to an NARBC show this year?
Yeah man, Anaheim! 16 34.04%
Darn tootin', Chicago! 15 31.91%
Ah geez, I wish! 13 27.66%
Heck no, I won't go! 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2005, 03:24 AM   #51
Herpcam
Anaheim is tomorrow!!!

Well, we've got about 33.5 hrs left til the doors open in Anaheim! I can't wait. Anyone here a banker that can get me a good deal on a loan? I have an arm and leg, possibly other body parts for collateral

Old 09-09-2005, 08:51 AM   #52
montezuma
Whelp, I am now late for getting the geckos loaded up! I get distracted way to easily... of course it could be the fact I am not looking forward to driving for 6 hours!

Anyone that comes to the Anaheim show and mentions this thread at my booth will get 20% off Leopard Geckos.... including APTOR X's. Now, I need to get my behind out the door!

Old 09-09-2005, 12:11 PM   #53
thesnakecharmer
OMG, I can hardly wait . . I feel like a kid that is going to go to Disneyland.
hehehe . . . I wonder if Steve is getting cold feet yet.
I am hoping to meet all you guys at the show. FYI, Nancy and I are going to be meeting up at Steve's booth around 10-10:30 am to bug him. hehehe
See you all there!

Old 09-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #54
Wilomn
Hmmmm, I just found out that I too will not only be there but will be there as a vendor.

The only question now is should I let you, The Faithful Fauna Readers know now, or should I just let you find me.

muhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

Old 09-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #55
Melle
have fun in anaheim guys!

I am definately gonna go to the Tinley Park show, I'm about 3 and a half hours away from Chicago. I wanted to go last year but couldnt. And now one of my friends lives there so i dont have to drive back the same day if i dont want to

Old 09-10-2005, 02:26 AM   #56
reptiler13
wish i could but i am in az for work until december. i was so looking foward to it

Old 09-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #57
montezuma
Post Show Review

1st off I thought it was pretty cool running into some of you at the show! I could list but if I leave someone out I would feel bad so I won't list who I ran into!

I am curious as to the thoughts and opinions from the "customers" point of view. I personally thought the show sucked. And what I wanna know is what was with all the WILD CAUGHT reptiles? The last time I looked at all the forms and other gobble de gook it said that this is a CAPTIVE BRED ONLY SHOW! There were at least 15 tables with wild caught animals on them, specifically the large corporates ... so much for rules.

I won't be doing the NARBC show anymore. I don't feel it is friendly enough to the customer... many of my customers are families and when it costs the $15 each and $8-10 to park, a family of 4 ends up paying a small fortune before they even get a foot in the door! Not only does this screw the customer but the vendors that are doing the show.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #58
Golden Gate Geckos
I thought the show was somewhat less 'charged' than the 2003, but NARBC did manage to keep the admission charge the same as last year in spite of the loads of bureaucratic BS of having to deal with the Teamsters Union at the Anaheim Convention Center. I have no complaints about my sales, but talked to several other vendors that were very disappointed. I will continue to support the show.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:17 PM   #59
StinaUIUC
since it looks like I'll be going to the Chicago show I really hope it's good...lol I'm organizing a group of people to go and I wouldn't want a mutiny...lol

Old 09-13-2005, 12:54 AM   #60
aliceinwl
My sentiments are pretty much in line with Marcia's. I think that the war, the hurricane, and gas prices all also had something to do with the more subdued atmosphere. I personally feel less financially secure this year than I did last year at this time. I imagine others feel the same way and were less inclined to spend $ on their hobbies / addictions.

That said, I did have blast at the show and spent more than I intended, but I'm the low end morph type = small spender The best part of the show for me was getting to talk face to face with peope who I've previously only spoken to through the forums and email. I can't wait to do it again next year and hopefully I'll be able to make the Saturday!

-Alice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!