Single Member Photos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
South Dixie Dragons
Single Member Photos

I think it would be cool to have members posts their photos here..who knows, maybe a "love connection" could take place? or maybe not...
At least Fauna members would have a better idea of who was posting!!:scatter: put a face with the name!!
What do ya think??

Old 10-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
kiote9
There are a lot of people who don't want the general public to know what they look like. Many fear stalkers.

Those of us who are exhibitionists (to some degree) posted pics in the Rogues Gallery http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=521 .

Old 10-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #3
Bringerofdoom
There actually was a thread like this in the leopard gecko forum.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=55948

Alot of people here posted thier pictures to it.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiote9
There are a lot of people who don't want the general public to know what they look like. Many fear stalkers.

Shelly,
I saw your photo!! heehee! That was cheating because you had a snake over your face!! Cool pic though..
I knew that thread was there..I was really hoping that someone could get something going where people would actually post photos...I mean a lot of folks..
Do you really think it is because people are afraid of being stalked? Like internet stalked?? I mean I can maybe understand the girls feeling that way, But what about the guys?? I mean most of the photos in that section were posted by women.
It's sad to think that would actually stop people..I suppose we could always send WebSlave after them if people were stalking on here..
Personally I think it is very cool to see the faces behind the names..gives a much more personal, family orientated feeling here of Fauna..

Old 10-10-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
There actually was a thread like this in the leopard gecko forum.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=55948

Alot of people here posted thier pictures to it.
Thanks Mike!
Now that is what I am talking about! That was a fantastic thread! So how do we get EVERYONE to do it?? Not just the leo folks??

Old 10-11-2005, 03:26 AM   #6
kiote9
Some folks are just shy, some people don't WANT anyone on the net to know what they look like. Some of us like to have our pics out there.

I have read posts from and spoken to many people who refuse to post pics for various reasons. The one that bothers me the most is when they say it's because they are ugly. Some of the gecko people posted pics. I think it's cool, myself. There are pics of me on more than one forum, usually with my critters. If you go to the photo gallery you might find other pics of me as well. Not sure.

Anyhow, speaking only from my own experience, some people absolutely freak out about the idea of ones picture being put on the internet. My mother was shocked and horrified that I admitted to emailing/posting pictures. Something about how if you put your pic out there it is an invitation for some psycho to come kill you or worse. She screamed at me to remove the pics at once.

(Please all you psychos out there do not come to kill me or worse or my mom will be really mad at me...)

Old 10-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #7
Lucille
I would like to take this opportunity to ask, for those of you that have expertise, for a short step by step tutorial be posted here in HOW to post pix. For instance, those who have digital pix stored as attachments to emails, how to navigate the steps to getting those pix posted?

Old 10-11-2005, 01:30 PM   #8
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I would like to take this opportunity to ask, for those of you that have expertise, for a short step by step tutorial be posted here in HOW to post pix. For instance, those who have digital pix stored as attachments to emails, how to navigate the steps to getting those pix posted?
Okay, I hope this works and makes sense. There are two ways to post pictures, the easiest (imo) being using the "Manage Attachments" function available on the "Reply to Thread" screen. (Note: That is NOT how I am attaching these photos.)

FIRST: If you have the picture saved as an attachment to an email, such as this, click on it and open the picture.

SECOND: When the picture opens, right-click on it. A shortcut menu will pop up, and you will want to select 'save'.

THIRD: The "Save Picture" menu will appear. Select 'desktop' from the icons on the left, and give the picture a name. In this example, I named the picture "Randy" after the dragon Click 'save'.

FOURTH: An icon should appear on your desktop, like the one shown below. If the picture needs to be down-sized, you would have to do it now. The only way I know how to do that is through Macromedia Fireworks, but I'm sure there are other ways. (That's a whole different tutorial though, one I'm not really qualified in explaining.)

FIFTH: To attach the picture to a post, start with the "Reply to Thread" screen. Click the Manage Attachments button in the Additional Options box. A new window will pop up and you will want to click on one of the "browse" buttons. A "Choose File" menu will appear. Select desktop from the icons on the left. You should see your image (in this case "Randy") in the window. Select that file and click "open".

That menu will disappear and you'll see your image in one of the boxes on the "Manage Attachments" screen. Click "Upload." When that window disappears, you should see your image listed in the "Additional Options" box on your reply screen. Do whatever else you need to with the reply, and when you submit, the picture will show up at the bottom of your post.

I hope that works for you.
Paul

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!