Jamie Kaps - Guarantees, Signature Releases, & The War on Terror. - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #191
Chris@TSE
Thanks for your thoughts on this topic Dan. We used to ship using preforated boxing but it presented way too many problems. There will always be the select few who receive shipments all year round without such holes yet will preach until they are blue in the face that it is illegal and will kill the animals. Some folks also do not realize that cardboard styro is a perforated material to begin with. Tape them up inside a large version and you'll find them breathing weeks later....... lol

Anyways, I simply ignore these people to be perfectly honest. They mean very well, god bless them!....

BUT.. Setting our packaging standards and practices on actual experience is much more reliable. Sure, there will probably be uneducated folks along the way who do not know any better, but the fact remains shipping without preforations in a cardboard and styro lined container works very well. Larger and thicker containers however would require some type of ventilation or preforation. Usually this can be done in the larger styro portions and the cardboard can be left as-is.

The old "standards" no longer apply, and when it is brought up it seems to be a carrier specific issue from what I have seen in recent years. We became FedEx certified using the very same methods for our "test-packaging" and it was approved with flying colors. They also asked if they could keep the package and use it as an example for others. 'nuff said.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:11 PM   #192
Zoo Supply
I can back this up... I hardly ever put any holes at all in the packaging, sometimes I do pull out a little corner of the styro so some airflow can come in, but to this point (knock on wood) I have yet to lose anything in a shipment.
On another note, everything I have ever gotten from chris was ideally packed, and arrived nice, healthy and warm.
Thanks
TOM

Old 11-15-2005, 07:12 PM   #193
Chris@TSE
Thanks Tom!

Old 11-15-2005, 07:46 PM   #194
Bubafat
Glad it worked out. The only reason I would have to believe that Jamie was overseas is he posts on constrictors forum often speaking of himself being over in Iraq...so either he's telling the truth or it was a very elaborate and time intensive setup for a couple of snakes. Possibly it was just a combination of buyer’s remorse and ignorance of the animals purchased.

Chris-
Have you considered adding a statement to your "terms" that would force people to ship back the dead animal? Although you still might get scammers sending you other dead animals and keeping the "dead" ones you shipped them, it might prevent some. Just a thought.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:50 PM   #195
Bubafat
I forgot to add...the thing that baffles me, and this definitely is not an attack on anyone here, just a general statement, is that people will spend $500 or more on a couple of snakes but not pony up the extra $20-30 difference between shipping them overnight and delta dash! Silly.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:57 PM   #196
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubafat
Chris-
Have you considered adding a statement to your "terms" that would force people to ship back the dead animal? Although you still might get scammers sending you other dead animals and keeping the "dead" ones you shipped them, it might prevent some. Just a thought.
Terms states that we require customers to preserve DOA's.

We then determine based on photographs and correspondence if returning them is necessary. It is not a requirement unless we still have doubts.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:57 PM   #197
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubafat
I forgot to add...the thing that baffles me, and this definitely is not an attack on anyone here, just a general statement, is that people will spend $500 or more on a couple of snakes but not pony up the extra $20-30 difference between shipping them overnight and delta dash! Silly.
Uh..... They were sent Overnight.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #198
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
Uh..... They were sent Overnight.
I believe he was stating that there is a $30-$40 difference between overnight and Delta Dash and that people should spend that difference if they are willing to spend 4500 or more on snakes. What, you didn't read what he posted?

Old 11-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #199
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
I believe he was stating that there is a $30-$40 difference between overnight and Delta Dash and that people should spend that difference if they are willing to spend 4500 or more on snakes. What, you didn't read what he posted?
Should read $500 not 4500, shift key sticks....

Old 11-15-2005, 08:23 PM   #200
Chris@TSE
read just fine, misunderstood.

delta is not always an option considering some folks simply live too far from their "local" airport. not to mention delta has problems of their own all together

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!