Tom McDonnell in Cali. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2002, 08:10 AM   #1
jefjen
Has anyone had any buying or selling experience with this gentleman????He is in Canoga Park,California..Advertising an Emerald on kingsnake...
 Thanx
 Jeff Lewis

Old 10-18-2002, 08:44 AM   #2
kim felts
hi jeff

i got your messages ..we had a family death so i am sorry i havent responded yet but i will asap.
meanwhile..i could drive to this persons house if it helps you any..i dont know him but im only half hour away and dont mind to take a look at this boa for you if need be.
just let me know..would love to help you get a snake that you like if i can..
enjoy your weekend!
kim

Old 10-18-2002, 10:24 AM   #3
pmert3
I recently ordered from Tom. They were frogs and not snakes, but he was easy to deal with and shipped when promised. Packing was good, I would order from him again anytime.
Pete

Old 10-18-2002, 01:06 PM   #4
Neil Gubitz
I've also dealt with Tom, and I can tell you he's got his act together! The animals were nice and the shipping was fine! I wouldn't hesitate buying from him again, if he had something I wanted! ....Neil

Old 10-18-2002, 02:19 PM   #5
The Dark Grove
I purchased an animal from Tom on the expectation it was arriving soon. The animal turned out to not be available and Tom returned my $500 that day without a problem. I never of anything bad about him and referred a customer to him for a pair of Green Tree pythons, they told me the animals arrived healthy and were flawless. I'd use him again.

Ralph Chapman

Old 10-18-2002, 03:48 PM   #6
JERRY TRESSER
You have nothing to worry about with Tom.

Old 10-18-2002, 03:56 PM   #7
Ophidiophile
I have made several purchases from Tom beginning last October (2001).  His animals are always as decribed, if not better, and when he's shipped in cold weather, the animal containers have been wrapped in thick layers of foam.   Overall he's very professional and a very nice guy!

Old 01-22-2003, 10:01 PM   #8
Thedietcokeguy
Thumbs up

I have never purchased from Tom but spent over an hour on the phone with him. Being in the same locale and both of us having been in the animal health care and breeding profession for decades, Tom exhibited to me that HE KNOWS HIS STUFF. He not only knew the same circle of veterinarians and animal breeders I did and worked with, but had very good information on all types of animal care; mostly exotic.

When quizzed, he certainly passed with an A plus as to knowing the experts, working and training the new and upcoming experts, and was exceptionally knowledgable in the vast field of reptiles and amphibians; their care, medical treatment and cage and enclosure design.

After getting off the phone with Tom, I must say; he impressed upon me a vast foundation of information and experience that FEW in this business can match.

My respect goes to Tom, a man who knows his stuff.

Gregory Bowman
Pangea Research Foundation

"my snake is bigger than your snake"

Old 01-22-2003, 10:48 PM   #9
dwedeking
Thumbs up

I just picked up a pair of Quads (that's chameleons for all you snake people) from Tom a couple weeks ago. I spent about an hour talking with him face to face. Very honest and real person (a rarity in Los Angeles ) with a vast, down to earth knowledge of animals. I would not hesitate to do business with him anytime in the future. Two thumbs up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!