aaaarrrrggggg!!! big accident - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
markface
aaaarrrrggggg!!! big accident

i decided to switch rooms today since my storage room is much bigger than the room i have been using for a bedroom/den/snake room . i got all the furniture moved and all the storage stuff swapped with no problems . when it was time to move snake tanks , i bagged all the critters and put them all in on the bed and then started on the tanks and stands . i got all the smaller tanks(20 , 30 , 40's) moved and went back for the first 75 gallon tank . got it into the new room and tripped over my coffee table and dropped the 75 on a 40 that was on the floor . BIIIGG MESSSS!!! spent 2 hours cleaning up broken glass . both tanks are trashed beyond repair . luckily i had removed my critters before moving .well , now i am stuck with keeping some of my critters in smaller than usual cages for a while . heffy is stuck in gretchens 40 gallon since her 75 busted . mowgli is now moved down to woozles 30 gallon tank since her 40 busted . gretchen is in a 20 long i had extra , and woozle is in a 20 high that i had extra . this just plain stinks . even worse is that they will have to stay in the smaller tanks for a month or 2 . i already have all my extra money for the next couple months tied up on other things and cant afford new tanks right now . i have half of the materials now to build the rack i'm going to be putting together . i should have all the materials within a month(one of the things money is tied up in) . once i get the materials my buddy says he can build and paint it in a day . then it will only have to dry and cure for a few days or so before i can move the ball pythons into it . then there is the pastel ball python i am buying from evan stahl . i have already sent the nonrefundable deposit of 100 bucks so i'm commited to paying it off on time . once those are payed off , then i was planning on replacing my 75 gallon tanks with boafile cages . so heffy will basically be stuck in a 40 gallon tank for about 3 months . the balls will only have to endur for about a month or so till there new rack is done . i feel so bad for my critters having to put up with sub par housing because of something my fault . i guess the only upside right now is i've got alot more space in this room that i did in the other . well , sorry for rambling , but i needed to get some frustrations out .

Old 07-25-2006, 03:42 AM   #2
techgirl
you are soooo lucky you didn't get slashed to bits with that accident you had!!!! I can understand feeling bad about everyone having to be in substandard housing, but be glad at least they weren't in the tanks at the time and that you weren't hurt so bad to the point that you couldn't take care of them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!