There is no such thing as a "safe place". - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #11
Mooing Tricycle
I just feel bad for the community as a whole. its such an awful thing to have to go through.

youre right mike, theres nowhere safe these days anymore. Please, your childs next boyfriend or girlfriend could be a murderer. you heard about that one too right? about the girls boyfriend killing the parents as well? Whats this world coming to? something needs to be done, and fast....

Old 10-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #12
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
I just feel bad for the community as a whole. its such an awful thing to have to go through.

youre right mike, theres nowhere safe these days anymore. Please, your childs next boyfriend or girlfriend could be a murderer. you heard about that one too right? about the girls boyfriend killing the parents as well? Whats this world coming to? something needs to be done, and fast....
Oh, I heard all about that one, Alicia. Those murders occurred while I was still in Pa. I lived in Lititz about 2 miles from the crime scene. They locked down all the roads and the police and swat teams were going door to door looking for the guy. Once they realized that he was in the parents car they opened the roads again. Lancaster county has had some awful things happen this past year. It's no longer a quiet place where nothing bad happens.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:36 AM   #13
ZX11
You make a valid point, Mike, reference the PA school being small and open only to the children of the community, however, I also see home schooling as a viable alternative because we, the parents, have better control of who comes in our homes.
I know that many folks are used to leaving their doors unlocked while they are home. I am not one of those people. My door stays locked, period. Home or not, it is locked.
Odds are that our childern won't become a victim of schoolhouse slaughters, but, I tend to think with the popularity of school shootings, stabbings, gang violence on the rise, the odds are creeping against us.

The Bush administration is suppossed to do someting about this, but, really, what are they going to do to stop it? Nothing. No one calls the White House or local cops to say they are going to such-n-such school to shoot, stab, rape, so-n-so's child. It happens then we find out. So, what difference does it make to make this a federal crime? None, as most of the attackers do not plan on coming out alive anyway.

What can we do? Know the kids in our schools and know the parents. Easy to do in small areas, but not the large. But, if we know who is who and guards were posted throughout the schools, we can lower the bad odds.
In cases where deliveries come to our schools, the people doing the deliveries need to be contained away from our kids and have no possible access to the educational areas. Period. Better yet, have deliveries made only after school hours and still have delivery personel contained.

During school hours, the doors are to remain locked to the outside world and intercoms used to contact school personel by anyone wanting access. Then, a guard is to answer the door and walk the person to the office, after this person has been properly identified via photo ID

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!