Ripped Off? Was I? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
LorenBbrown
Ripped Off? Was I?

I went to place a deposit for a snake for 1000, and before paying i verified that I read the TOS the breeder made me read. The only problem is that since alot of the information was repeated again and again, I didnt bother to read the whole thing because I just figured it was an error. However, somewhere within the TOS it said 'you must know whether or not your animal is shippable. we are not liable for any losses if you neglect to do so. some animals can not be shipped.' I wont post the site, because its not there anymore. I didnt see that! I thought the animal could be shipped. So yeah, the deposit was nonrefundable and the breeder claims I cant get my money back. Who is in the wrong? Any help?

LorenBBrown

Old 10-18-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
Chris Olson
I think it says something about the business if the TOS is no longer there. It is true that you should have read and understood the TOS before making your deposit....but it is really sleazy in my opinion not to return a thousand dollar deposit over a misunderstanding. Wheather it was in the TOS or not, a stand up guy/gal would have refunded the money or at least a large portion of it. I would like to know who it is, and see any correspondence between you and the seller. And what kind of animal can't be shipped? If it can't be.....maybe HE should make that clear BEFORE accepting peoples money.

Chris

Old 10-18-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
shrap
Without naming the business/person involved this thread is going to be locked/deleted. You may want to read the rules for posting on the BOI.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
LadyOhh
Interesting... Loren, please elaborate more about the situation, like the name of the company/person, when you put the money down, the type of snake, etc?

We can't help you if you don't give us the full story!

Old 10-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
Rainbowboaman
Was the deposit $1000.00 or was the deposit for a $1000.00 animal?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Without naming the business/person involved this thread is going to be locked/deleted. You may want to read the rules for posting on the BOI.
Seems reading site rules,terms of service, etc.... isn't this persons strong suit.

Make a new thread with the persons name in the title, post up the name of the person, business, and specifics of your deal, along with any e-mails you have regarding the deal and people will be able to try and help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread