Force feeding a starving Anole? HELP! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-25-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
Derespina Knives
Force feeding a starving Anole? HELP!

So I bought an Anole as a feeder because my Milk snake wasn't taking to Mice or Rat pups. So, it's been two months and though I've been putting meal and wax worms in for the Anole to keep it well, it doesn't seem to be eating at all. Hence he's super skinny now and frail. It appears he's starving to death and I feel terrible. The last batch of meal worms I put in seem to have been partially consumed as some ohave disappeared.

However, it doesn't appear he's eaten them as his appearance and attitude hasn't changed at all. I keep the tank pretty warm generally ad mist regularly. He only seems to love the Lamp and that's all.

I think it's time to force feed but will that help? What can I do???

Thanks...R

Old 11-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
clarinet45

Old 11-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
Derespina Knives
The temps averaged at around 79 - 89 degrees. Very humid too, using UVB of 75 watts in 10 gallon tank. Night time moon light bulb of 60 watts. But alas I found the lil guy drowned in the water bowl this morning. I feel terrible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!