Matt @ MG reptiles, you decide... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:32 PM   #11
Scott Ashton
Get in touch with PayPal and your credit card company and provide them with the updated information.

With all of the complaint activity it is amazing to me that PayPal allows him to maintain a merchant account in good standing. Doesn't say much for PayPal.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #12
fuscusking13
I can't believe as usual he is going to try to turn it around and manipulate you. I would go to a dispute right away, he doesn't deserve the chance to make it right the way he is talking. I am by no means telling you what to do, but it is clear he can't be reasonable with you, and you have made every effort to be reasonable with him. I say you file the claim, get your money and find someone willing to "earn" your business, not someone who has told you he doesnt care. Again I say good luck, Dan M.

Oh by the way Scott...it doesnt speak much for paypal at all especially with the number of people on here alone that have made complaints, imagine how many must be out there!!!!! It's crazy!

Old 05-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #13
speedemon
another email from him...

Quote:
To:
egoldberg695@comcast.net
Subject: Re: return
Date: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:36:17 PM
So you want me to trust you but you dont want to trust me..lo//, ok that souinds great yes sir lets do that. Paypal hold the money when you file a dispute so I do not ship until I have access to the money.. I told you I would ship you the correct item and then you wanted to be the big man and filed a dispute.. I cannot and will not ship anything to you until that dispute is closed and I have the moeny in my account. I will not let another customewr take advantage of me I would rater be caught on fire! Close the dispute and you WILL have your stat to you.. If not I will just file the claim myelf and refuse your package!
-matt
my reply..

Quote:
To:
<matt@mgreptiles.com>
Subject: Re: return
Date: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:58:27 PM
yes i do want you to trust me. i gave you no reason not to.
you still have my money and i was able to ship it to you...and i still have nothing!
if after you send out the correct item and i get it, and if i still haven't closed the dispute, which i will, then you can open your own dispute with me...
below is from the paypal site. i will not change anything until i have received the new unit, this is my right, and it is your obligation to send me the new one before i do close it.
i have a feeling that if this escalated to a claim that paypal will side with me...what do you think?
i don't know what else to say to you Matt i have done everything that i can i tried to call, email you and i get no response from you.
if you had responded to me before i made the dispute it would not have been made.
if you still decide to refuse the item it is your responsibility not mine, i have proof with the tracking # that i did my job, thats all paypal said i had to do.
it doesn't make sense for you to refuse it... either way at that point i will get my money back or you will accept it and send me the right one...its your choice now.
Ezra
When should I close this dispute?

Wait until you are 100% satisfied that the dispute is fully resolved before closing the dispute. A closed dispute cannot be re-opened or escalated to a PayPal claim, so before you close your dispute you should ensure that your concerns have been fully addressed. For example, if the seller is going to provide a refund, make sure that the funds are in your account before closing the dispute. Likewise, if the seller is going to send a replacement item, don’t close the dispute until you have received it.

Remember, a dispute will automatically close 20 days after the date it was opened. You should escalate a dispute to a claim if you haven’t fully resolved the issue within 20 days.

My seller and I cannot agree on a resolution. What can we do?

Both you and the seller have the opti on of escalating your dispute to a claim with PayPal. If you escalate the dispute you are asking PayPal to decide the case for you.

This is best viewed as a last resort, and is usually the desirable option only when you are unable to resolve the dispute directly or if the seller chooses not to communicate.
sorry it is so long but he is tryin to get me to close it so i cant reopen it and make the dispute...how low is he going to go...

Old 05-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #14
Jim O
Don't close the dispute. Escalate to a claim NOW and attach all of his emails.

If PayPal finds in his favor, which is unlikely, file a chargeback with your credit card company.

If Mat is stupid enough to refuse the package it gets sent back. You clearly made a good faith effort to return the item that you did not order.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
erobinson
Your a good man Ezra.

File the claim. Get your money. And don't support his business, that he doesn't give a about.

Your a better man man than me.

I would have drove to WV and found him and at wouldn't be pretty!

Old 05-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #16
critical bill
Ezra, absolutely listen to Jim O's advice. Also, try calling PayPal and talk to someone in the dispute resolution dept. Get an email address to send them that latest email from him. It could be the piece of the puzzle that causes them to restrict his account.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #17
critical bill
I gotta tell ya at this point I would want a complete refund. I wouldn't trust that flunky to wire the thing correctly and trust that my animals, my family, or that my house would be safe from burning to the ground. No way. It doesn't seem beyond me that Matt would send a defective unit as a replacement.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #18
speedemon
ok well i talked to paypal, they are telling me they wont help me...
bec the item came not as described and its not there prob...
in any case i spoke with my cc comp and they said they will deal with it, i just need to send them all the emails and thats it.
however being the kind of person who doesnt like to settle with the last resort i have exchanged a few more emails with Matt and i think we may have come to some sort of agreement, not sure yet, either way i have more than a month to dispute the charge and my cc comp told me it would be fine if i wanted to wait another few weeks or so.
i will give matt another week to make things right...
hopefully everything will work out.

and as far as the shoty wiring, yes it is a concern of mine but i happen to be well versed in proper electrical workand will double check everything myself.
thanx all for the advice.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #19
CurtisF
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon
ok well i talked to paypal, they are telling me they wont help me...
bec the item came not as described and its not there prob...
in any case i spoke with my cc comp and they said they will deal with it, i just need to send them all the emails and thats it.
however being the kind of person who doesnt like to settle with the last resort i have exchanged a few more emails with Matt and i think we may have come to some sort of agreement, not sure yet, either way i have more than a month to dispute the charge and my cc comp told me it would be fine if i wanted to wait another few weeks or so.
i will give matt another week to make things right...
hopefully everything will work out.

and as far as the shoty wiring, yes it is a concern of mine but i happen to be well versed in proper electrical workand will double check everything myself.
thanx all for the advice.
That doesn't make sense to me. Are they saying if you buy a bucket and receive a vase it isn't their problem, because you received something? Or am I possibly missing something?

I applaud you being so patient, though. It shows a lot as far as I am concerned. I'd just be wary not to give too many chances, but I'm sure you know that.

Good luck

Old 05-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #20
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Matt @ MG reptiles, you decide...
BAD GUY!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!