Kansas City show July 21-22 anybody??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
bullfrog100000
Question Kansas City show July 21-22 anybody???

Is anyone going to this show?
I see a lot of breeders from Iowa, Oklahoma and other surrounding states?
We're hoping to get a pastel ball python and/or citrus beardie, more likely the ball.
Having big hopes for the 2-day show in July.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
bullfrog100000
Anybody??? This is when & where I want to get my pastel BP. I don't want to have to do the shipping thing.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
ReptileEmpire
We are planning on being there, judging by the May 6th show there should be quite a few people and vendors there.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
bullfrog100000
Found out a couple other breeders are coming that usually don't...
Pet World/Great Plains Reptile from Lawrence
Central Kansas Reptiles
Anybody else???
Unfortunately the show website leaves A LOT to be desired and isn't updated hardly ever.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
wwwkcrdcom
KC Show Website - Updated!

The website was updated today with many new vendors. We will be attending as usual and will also have some Pastel Balls there. I can speak of two for sure as we will have a '07 baby male, and also a breeder male from '04. As far as other balls go, I think there will be a lot to choose from as well as other good reptiles!

I know that a couple breeders that normally only do the bigger shows are going to be there and set up selling as well as Animal Plastics. AP has gotten to where they normally only do the NARBC shows but with this being a two day event and with it being advertised as heavily as it is I think it's going to be a huge event! Jason and Kelli have out done themselves for this one when it comes to advertising, they have done about as much as one could do, including Billboards around the metro area as well as a Reptile Magazine ad!

There will plenty of supplies there including food and cages as well as several vendors with captive bred animals and a good selection of some imported animals. There is going to be speakers both days with discussions on subjects such as geckos, boa morphs, and I believe Ball morphs.

Hope to see you there!

Old 07-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
TheKeeper
I will be there with a bunch of nice leos and more...

Old 07-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
bullfrog100000
Just wanted to say I think this was a good show compared to the usual in Kansas City. The seminars were a nice touch! Good job Jay & Jason. Meet some nice and helpful people. The only thing I came away wanting was an Animal Plastics rack... basically they brought presold stuff except for 3 racks that weren't the size we wanted. And of course there were a few things I wanted but couldn't quite afford.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:04 AM   #8
Double LY
I went to one of these shows previously and left very disappointed. We decided to give it one more chance and boy am I glad we did. There were so many more vendors, and the selection and prices were great. Although Animal Plastics didn't have much for sale, we were able to see exactly what we would be ordering and how nice the quality is. We left with some supplies (like hides/new temp gun/supplements/etc.), a pre-order for a new snake tank and two new beardies. So glad we gave it another shot

Old 07-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
KCRD.com
The show was a good show other than the visit from KDF&W. There were a ton of new faces and overall just a good turn out for a two day event. I know that some vendors did very well while others did not, but as is life doing conventions, you never know what's gonna sell.

I made some outstanding trades and met some new customers!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!