want to buy albino boa? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
GREGORY J HALL
want to buy albino boa?

Want to get a male but scared to put out the $$$,researched IBD & it scared me,I sure that its not too wide spread or is it ?,hate to plunk down $500 to $800 on a high end snake & have something happen to it.What do you guys think?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
Metachrosis
Yeah its wide spread,its no respecter of geographical boundaries.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
GREGORY J HALL
IM NEW TO KEEPING BOAS,I JUST KNOW IF SOMEBODY HAS A HIGH END SNAKE THATS INFECTED THEY WILL PROPLEY DUMP IT FOR A CHEAP PRICE,THAT'S WHY IM LEARY OF REAL GOOD DEALS,AS FAR AS I HAVE READ MOST PYTHONS DIE FAST BUT BOAS CAN CARRY IT ALL THEIR LIVE LIKE A HUMAN CAN HAVE HIV.HOW DO THESE LARGE BREEDERS KEEP THEIR COLLECTIONS FREE OF IT?

Old 02-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
harveysherps
I'm in the same boat. I am in the market for My first Albino. I am lucky to know some good breeders and I have some trusted friends looking for me. My advice don't buy from some one you don't know. Check the BOI and see if you find out anything on the persons you do find and You should be able to make a pretty well informed decision. Do your home work that's for sure. Sometimes it's worth it to spend a litle more to get piece of mind. I have found some real deals but I am also leary of those good deal. Good luck with your hunt.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #5
GREGORY J HALL
love my corns but want something more exotic,we have a female boa right now,I would like to have a male albino but may wait till they come down in price a little our wait till I produce my corns to do somewhat of a trade,going t the show in maryland this weekend to check things out could find a deal on something + going to ask some ??.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
BryonsBoas
Get a list of the vendors for the show and do some research on the ones that may carry what you are looking for.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
There are some people out there with clean collections, and will still offer you a fair deal. Don't let IBD put you off from obtaining a Boa if you want one. Just don't rush and don't jump on the first good deal that comes along. Put a little effort into researching, asking questions about peoples morals, husbandry practices, history etc.

It is true, people in the past have "dumped" their infected snakes on others knowing full well they were infected, or knew that something was wrong, and sold them anyway. But not everyone is like that.

I'm expecting in a couple months. If it all goes well, I should have a couple if you haven't found one by then.

Good luck in your efforts to find one. Boas are really neat and even personable critters sometimes.

Rick

Old 02-09-2008, 01:26 AM   #8
KrisGarner
Low prices aren't always an indicator of bad stock, sometimes you have to drop your price a little to move stuf this late in the season. I just made somebody a good deal on 1.2 albino babies because I wanted to move them to make a little room for this year's batches. A long term member here has a couple of my babies from that litter and I have sent other babies all over the country that are doing great.

And don't always think you have to buy from somebody well known to avoid sick stuff. Sometimes big breeders have problems from time to time. And some people (like me) just do it for a hobby, but still have good stock. And you might get a better deal from a hobby breeder since they don't have the high overhead of the larger guys and do it mostly for the joy of doing it.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #9
harveysherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loungelizard
Low prices aren't always an indicator of bad stock, sometimes you have to drop your price a little to move stuf this late in the season. I just made somebody a good deal on 1.2 albino babies because I wanted to move them to make a little room for this year's batches. A long term member here has a couple of my babies from that litter and I have sent other babies all over the country that are doing great.

And don't always think you have to buy from somebody well known to avoid sick stuff. Sometimes big breeders have problems from time to time. And some people (like me) just do it for a hobby, but still have good stock. And you might get a better deal from a hobby breeder since they don't have the high overhead of the larger guys and do it mostly for the joy of doing it.
Well dude I see your from Alabama so am I . You got any more deals on Albinos. If so I would be very interested. I would rather get one from with in the state.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!