Our newest site moderator -> hhmoore <- - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #21
hhmoore
John - I've been a forum moderator since that program started, and I was a participant in the Warning System Moderator program...during which time, I took on several more forums. The WS Mod thing ended back in March(?); and, while I still had some administrative access related to my role as F-mod, I generally limited my usage to problems within my forums.
It should be an interesting ride - the crowd in this place can get pretty tough.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #22
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
John - I've been a forum moderator since that program started, and I was a participant in the Warning System Moderator program...during which time, I took on several more forums. The WS Mod thing ended back in March(?); and, while I still had some administrative access related to my role as F-mod, I generally limited my usage to problems within my forums.
It should be an interesting ride - the crowd in this place can get pretty tough.
Dont fret Chuck , John, and I have your back!

Old 09-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #23
BryonsBoas
Congrats H , you look good in blue.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #24
lanceheads
Congrats Mr. Moore! You will have your work cut out for you! LOL!

Old 09-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #25
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
There is currently a situation where I have left open a couple of retaliatory threads (similar threads in the past have been left open, others have been locked). My rationale had nothing to do with leaving them open in anticipation of somebody coming along to agree/disagree. I didn't explain my rationale, nor do I feel the need to...but I did express that people should not fuel the fires with further posting unless they had actual business transactions with the parties named in the thread title. My decision was not up for debate within those threads, nor were any other extraneous topics.

I'll admit that the OP of those threads was trying my patience - but I felt that a little leeway was merited under the circumstances. Admittedly, I was briefly torn between making a strong statement vs stepping back briefly to watch & see. Obviously, I chose the latter...but given my current understanding of Rich's wishes, and the way he wants things done (including some necessary changes), I'm not planning on being so tolerant in every case.
Being relatively new to the selling aspect of this hobby and the subject of one of these retaliatory threads, I couldn't agree more. I welcome this thread, as well as the positive posts that are sure to follow over the years. I do what I do because I love it! I provide the type of communication, support, and full disclosure to any prospective buyers that I'm sure people will see the truth.

I have already had support from members here both on the thread and via instant message. Let everything come out and people can make up their own minds.

Congrats, Harald!

Old 09-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #26
deborahbroadus
Congrats Harald. Your calm, even temperament and fair treatment of others make you an excellent choice!

Old 09-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #27
Cat_72
Harald ROCKS.

Congrats, man.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #28
kellysballs
Congrats!!

Old 09-17-2008, 07:24 AM   #29
crotalusadamanteus
Can't think of anybody else here deserving of such a headache, er, I mean honor.

Congrats Harald. Glad to have you taking on such an ungrateful role. Can't think of anyone more level headed to do the job!

Good luck
Rick

Old 09-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #30
frankykeno
Rich made a great choice. Congrats Harald. I'm a long time Mod at another forum. It's a can't please everyone all of the time, or even some of the time, or mostly they all hate me now sort of deal LOL. I think from reading your posts on the BOI that you have the temperment for it. Heck I'm old and crabby most days too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!