Bonjour de l'état de la Louisiane. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
vetusvates
Bonjour de l'état de la Louisiane.

Hello from the state of Louisiana. I'm a brand new member, who should have joined about five months ago. I think I likely already know a few members here, but as a newbie, I will mostly be doing a lot of watching and listening (after my first few sentences), and observing.
Beginning early in life, I was catching and putting into my pockets just about anything that walked, crawled, slithered, flew, creeped, and swam. Over the course of the last 35 years I've caught and kept, at least for a while, everything from scorpions and tarantulas to flying squirrels to raccoons to baby alligators to mallard ducks to many species of native North American reptiles and amphibians.
Even went on to get a Zoology degree, with an emphasis in herpetology. I'm not bragging, just trying to lend some credibility to what will be a new face to some. I used to spend most of my free time in the woods, and night-driving dark country roads at night in the summer time (late 1970's and early 80's) to catch snakes. Prior to diving into corn snake morph husbandry this last year, I've kept only native/caught snakes: garters, racers, rat snakes, king snakes, milk snakes, copperheads, canebrake rattlers, and even a Western Pygmy Rattler that I kept a whole summer, who had 5 babies in August of 1980.
I am not a breeder or seller of any animals, but do love my dog and my ten little (but growing) corns. In fact, I came here today looking for some left over 2008 hatchlings, and decided to register and join the fellowship and fraternity here.
I hope to contribute in a positive manner to the community here in all that I do and say. Truly a pleasure to be able to join.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Greetings Eric, and Welcome!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
Jerry_c_62
Welcome, I love your bio. Hope to hear more from you.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
ZoologyGirl
Hey there stranger.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Welcome to Fauna!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
louisiana, vetusvates