Info Pet Biz-Ar in Seminole, FL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
exreptile
Pet Biz-Ar in Seminole, FL

Anyone ever heard of this pet shop? I've known the owner for about six years, wanting to know what others think of the shop.......

Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
callak
I've gotten supplies and feeders from them with never a problem. I also bought a hatchling texas lucy rat from them and never had any issues with it. For a pet shop I would say they take better care than most in the area. I havent been there in a few years since I moved so can't say how they are now.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
exreptile
What do you think about Ken(the owner)? He's a bit of a strange person, but I've done business with him since 2002, and I've never had a problem with any animal I've got from him.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
DSHULD
Re: to exreptile

If you are referring to the older guy, yes he is a little on the strange side. Last time I was in there was around July of last year to look at any redtails he had. I hadn't been in there in several years due to moving away but, I was surprised at what I saw.

The place looked like a tornado ran through there. The few redtails he had were in poor shape. All three had rubbed their nose raw and two had messed up jaws. They were not in the same section as the rest of the reptiles he had at the time.

They were in glass tanks over by the fish with no heat source to speak of. I used to go in there as a teen to buy my fish and fish supplies. Back then there was a young guy running the place and the store was always spotless.

I know times are rough on everyone right now and were back then (July of last year) too. But, how can a pet shop expect to make any money if they don't take care of the animals? Even the fish looked horrible.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
exreptile
Yeah, he's still got the redtails as of October '08, and has had them since about August '07, and I think he just throws animals at random places when he gets them in. He drained all the larger fish tanks in the back and puts random reptiles in them. Once he had two Russian tortoises, two sulcata tortoises, and a redfoot tortoise in a fish tank that still had gravel, artificial plants, and and undergravel filter in it. Did you notice that he runs around the store mumbling "waiting to die" and "it's a good day to die"?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
DSHULD
re to mumbling

Can't say as I have ever actually heard what he says. I have seen wonder through the store mumbling to him self.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
exreptile
I went there once before Ken bought the store, and I was kind of surprised to see how it changed within a month of him being there. Most of the time, the aisles are blocked, half the time you can't get in the front door without tripping on stuff. I've known Ken since before he bought the store, and use to buy from him on a regular basis before he bought the store, but he really doesn't seem like he has much care for the shop.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
callak
Such a shame to see stuff like that happen. I used to get stuff there before I moved and back then it was a nice place. There were younger guys working there back then and they kept the store in real good shape. Plus they always had a nice selection of animals. Oh well, good things don't last forever I guess.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
seminole