The Horses i see daily :) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
The Horses i see daily :)

There are about ten horses in the field, i was leaving, so none of them were down by the gate. The far far right BIG draft boy is called Archie, and he is a right pain in the bum when you want to get horses in and out of the gate. hes the alpha male up there.

Not fun when you have to climb that hill and go catch someone!

This is Jet ( War Jet ) hes the boy ive been riding, as well as helping to care for. Hes doing really well and hes an absolutely GORGEOUS boy!
Chip, his buddy, is behind him on the right a bit, just below where you cant see him. Both of these guys are very sweet sweet horses. Should be riding today, so ill see about getting some photos of them all tacked up.

Ill come back with more of Feather the mare and her foal Cocoa ( Houdini ) I dont know if cocoa is for sale or not... but ive been somewhat tempted to ask. He was born just when i started coming to the farm. So ive gotten to watch him grow, and get to know him. Hes a real doll and absolutely loves attention. He loves to escape too(like when you bring food to mom) hence the nickname Houdini hehe

I cant wait to show you guys stretch too. hes a MASSIVE ( Probably as tall as Archie) Stallion that wasnt supposed to be a stallion at all, he is Cocoas father, as well as Maddie ( another filly born on the farm, ill have to get pics of her, id love to have her too as she is just a gorgeous little girl! ). Unless he (stretch) wants food. Very bad manners there... LOL
Hes a bit too expensive for my blood though, and wish i could afford him, guaranteed he'd be mine in a heartbeat if i could!

Theres a few older horses there as well, one pony in his late thirties, early fourties guaranteed. His name is Oscar, and hes a real doll. he used to be trained to rip the clothes off a clown, im told And another old mare that is the great grandmother to Cocoa, shes in her early/late thirties.

Lots of hooved friends to meet, and get pictures of. Im just usually running around that i dont have time to really stop and snap photos.

How could a person NOT love this kind of work? And how do people resist the urge to buy up every darn beautiful horse they see!? Ive been thinking, and looking, but itll be a little bit before i really decide to make that kind of move. Tis a very large (and costly) responsibility. I want to be prepared.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
very nice! Glad your having fun!

As for your questions~ I don't wee how a person could not LOVE this kind of work too. I'm tired all the time~ but I love it! But as far as how I could resist a horse.......I don't actually know how I have resisted it! I always wanted horses in the past~ but now that I have the room for one I'm really much too busy to ride one~ and I kind have this thing about limiting the number of animals around here I can't eat if I get bored with them!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
very nice! Glad your having fun!

As for your questions~ I don't wee how a person could not LOVE this kind of work too. I'm tired all the time~ but I love it! But as far as how I could resist a horse.......I don't actually know how I have resisted it! I always wanted horses in the past~ but now that I have the room for one I'm really much too busy to ride one~ and I kind have this thing about limiting the number of animals around here I can't eat if I get bored with them!
I would be the happiest person alive if i could do what you do cheryl. This kind of work just suits me, it always has. When im tired from my regular work... its just not the same, theres no accomplishment to it, dont get me wrong, i love my job.... but its just not the same.

With taking care of these animals, and cleaning the stalls and keeping them happy ( or making them better in my case, with having to give jet Antibiotics every day, because he has lymes disease and we couldnt ride for awhile...)
There is so much more to it. I think its the same reason i enjoy keeping my snakes so much too. they depend on me, and its up to me to give them what they need and make sure they are happy and healthy

Old 06-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle

Jet and Chip. Jet is on the right.

Im Riding him Purdy boy.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle

The videos arent the best quality, and some of them lose sound in parts, due to the conversion from 3gp to WMV for some reason.... Ah well... more to come

Old 06-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!