DYI Professional Snake Pictures 101 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Just For Laughs

Notices

Just For Laughs The SOLE purpose of this forum is to put a smile on the face of a person reading the messages. Anything of a SERIOUS nature will either be deleted or moved out of here.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Twizted Paths
Lightbulb DYI Professional Snake Pictures 101

Step 1 Make sure they're freshly shed & have missed a meal from being blue
Step 2 Be sure to leave the wrist strap on the camera *do not actually use it to secure it to your wrist! It must dangle freely for maximum affect*
Step 3 Crouch down & balance yourself in the most awkward position possible
Step 4 Wobble a bit to set the string waving *try to mimic the movement of a nice juicy rat tail*
Step 5 Snap picture right before the snake strikes & you fall on your rear*bonus points if you drop the camera in a water bowl &/or ding up the view screen*

"But I took the stupid strap off & now I can't find it!" you wail despondently? Never fear, your aspirations towards professional boid photography are not yet doomed! ~or~ "I'm to lazy for all that,isn't there an easier way?" you ask. There is! And for a limited time only I'll even waive my normal fee of $29.95 !

Step 1 Acquire a young snake that hasn't been handled much
Step 2 Use a camera w/a telescoping lens
Step 3 Attempt to focus by zooming in & out repeatedly
Step 4 When you have her undivided attention snap the picture

Soon you to will be able to take stunningly bad pictures such as this shot of snake bling!

Next time- How to properly fasten a live pinkie to your camera to maximize action shots!

Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Tere Salazar

I hate to laugh at someone else's expense, but that is freaking hysterical!!!! I've got tears rolling down my face.

And you know what partly makes it so funny? It's so something that I would do!!!!

Thanks for the belly laugh. I really needed that!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
laterob
Too FUNNY!

Great post. Thanks for sharing. So who took the pic of your avatar? That one looks pretty good to me .

I just got a fancy-schmancy camera so I need to take pictures of the herd this weekend. I'll try the dangly-rat idea with my 7-foot boa and let you know how it goes (course, I may have to type with my toes, or......).

Old 06-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
laterob
Course, those pictures won't be taken for 4 more days, so......umm......the space-time continuum is warping......umm....

We need a DIY for programming the date, too .

Old 06-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #5
jenneses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post

Step 1 Acquire a young snake that hasn't been handled much
Step 2 Use a camera w/a telescoping lens
Step 3 Attempt to focus by zooming in & out repeatedly
This was how I got my very first snake bite that bled... So it's also an instructional on how to join the bite club.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #6
Twizted Paths
More Posts From the Future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon View Post

I hate to laugh at someone else's expense, but that is freaking hysterical!!!! I've got tears rolling down my face.

Thanks for the belly laugh. I really needed that!
Glad to be of service

DYI = Do Yourself In

Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob
So who took the pic of your avatar? That one looks pretty good to me
It's just Salty Citys ad for him cropped. I don't know how he did it, I pull out the camera and it's strike central
Looks way better in real life & maybe, just maybe, someday he'll learn to differentiate between a camera and food.

As for the date Yup, someday I'll figure out when I am.
I found it (the camera) while I was out herping/hiking/rock climbing in Cali w/my cousins it has one of those stupid twist dial selectors w/ all the options worn off .
I did make the time stamp go away but only by random poking that deleted most the good pictures

I'm actually not bad with outdoor shots but I can't take my snakes out in my neighborhood if I want them to still be here when I come home from work.

Here's a half decent shot of the girl from the wrist strap incident .
Also taken in the future!

Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
Twizted Paths
I found the Bite Club right after I started this thread, almost got tagged from laughing and holding the snake bling. Had to go put her away getting bit while reading the Bite Club would be to much even for me!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
TattooLost
Hahaha! My new hero. I love the action shots!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!