Are you using a Kane heat mat? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
ApexJake
Are you using a Kane heat mat?

If im in the wring area to ask this please let me know and ill change it immediately.

If you use Kane heating mats (also known as pig blankets?).. where did you get it from and how are you using it, as in what application.

Ive looked on ebay and at my local farm and tractor store, and a local feed store.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
singingtothewheat
here is a link to a site that has kane mats for what I thought was a good price. Had I been able to afford radiant heat panels in all my cages I would have gone that way, second in line would have been a kane heat mat, I think. I ended up with flexiwatt, helix set up.

http://www.herpsupplies.com/subcategory.cfm?id=2&sub=25

Old 01-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
hhmoore
I've used them in the past, and seen them from a few different sources (the sizes seem to be different now).
What size mat are you looking for?

Old 01-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
ApexJake
18"x18",18"x28", 13.5"x36" , any of these size kanes would work well for me. I would use it on a thermostat.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
ApexJake
unless anyone could suggest a different way to go about it.. i would like to use them in a large enclosure that house a 9' ish rtb and a 10'+ burmese, and also under large rubber maid water pond for water temp control on an alligator as well as belly heat for a basking area. I dont plan to use either in a way that will have the animals in direct contact with it.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
hhmoore
I've used the Kane mats attached to the bottom (underside) of 6x3x2 enclosures, and on the floor (inside) of a large monitor cage. For heating the crocodilian pools, I went with good quality submersible aquarium heaters, inside of drilled & capped PVC tubes.
I'll take a look at the sizes I have & shoot you a PM

Old 01-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #7
ApexJake
sounds like a solid plan. thank you!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
StrictlyExotics
I used Kane Heat Mats in 1993 for large Adult Burmese Pythons and was very happy with them. I had it on the inside of the cage, back then no thermos worth mentioning, with no problems to the snakes whatsoever. I know your post is old but I wanted to give you some assurance using them.

Thanks,

Old 02-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #9
ApexJake
i appreciate that!

Old 02-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #10
StrictlyExotics
Nice name too

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!