getting a rescue, need some advice. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
bliss
getting a rescue, need some advice.

Hello everyone,

Soon I will be getting a bearded dragon from one of my father's friends, he has had it for over a year, the thing is probably around 15", and i'm thinking it's a male. It's in a 20 gallon long tank (way too small!), and it isn't being fed like it should. It still has a little weight on it's body, but not like it should have.

My questions:
I need to know what kind of medication I will need to give him, to get rid of any coccida or parasites. Also, I will need to know where to get it from.

Right now I have reptaid, but i've read that it shouldn't be used to try to "fully cure" any reptile, and should just be used as a follow up procedure or as a "pre-treatment".

Once I get this dragon and have it fed up, medicated, and a little more *tame*, i'll find him a new home with someone that can properly take care of him.

Thanks,

Dan

Old 02-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
bliss
I can't edit my post? well that's too bad. My questions weren't really questions, now were they? LOL.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
bliss
also, forgot to mention in my initial post that this dragon does NOT have UVB, and it only gets greens/veggies every great once in a while.. and no dust supplements either.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
DiamondDen
Well for the worms go to http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Meds.html and get the albon, panacur, and the Acidophiliz+ and if he has mbd you might want to get the Calcium Glubionate, there may be other things you will find helpfull there also, as you know the full extent of the dragons issues.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
bliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDen View Post
Well for the worms go to http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Meds.html and get the albon, panacur, and the Acidophiliz+ and if he has mbd you might want to get the Calcium Glubionate, there may be other things you will find helpfull there also, as you know the full extent of the dragons issues.
Thanks Corky

I'll be getting the dragon sometime in the next week and a half, hopefully. I've called the guy and hope he will me or my father back and let us know what's going on.

I'm definitely going to be getting some phoenix worms to get him, and i may give him a few wax worms here and there so he can put on a little weight.

I was told he is a great "hunter", and eater. So I guess we'll see very soon.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
DiamondDen
No problem if you need anymore help shot me a pm or e-mail me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!