Enclosures by Design - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-13-2003, 10:26 PM   #111
Stardust
I don't know if those things are correct or not. I have not heard on here from upstate or the originator, Kris, regarding this matter. I do not know for a fact that it was never shipped. I know it was a wrong tracking number, checked it myself, read that they were checking into it, after that it is about it.
I would like to see date lines from Alison. I am not going to speculate here. I will go back and re- read but from here it only looks like two days they did not stay in contact with the customer. Perhaps three?
If there in fact was no death, then yes, I would agree it would be horrid.
I will look on KS snake and see if ALL week end they have put ads on, then wait for the time line.
I am not too sure in mourning I would want or even THINK about pleasing people on the BOI who, really, don't know all of the situation.
Again, I will wait for either party to post. I will not make assumptions. I think that is fair and I am sticking to it.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:08 PM   #112
ms_terese
Rozann, you're a sensitive soul, and that's a GOOD thing. I agree, if I were in mourning, I wouldn't be worried about pleasing the BOI. Of course, I also wouldn't be posting ads for animals for sale.

Here's the timeline I'm working off of, based on emails and information in this thread:

9/10: Kris PayPals money to Upstate Exotics, with the promise that the enclosure will ship 9/15 or 9/16.

9/10: Kris emails Sal, asking for additional information on how the freight collect works.

9/15: No response to emails, no tracking number sent.

9/16: No response to emails, no tracking number sent.

9/20: Kris sends another email, asking for an update.

9/23: Kris tries another email, tries responding to a NEW AD that has been posted on another site, tries alternate email addresses, finally posts on the BOI

9/23: Miraculously, Sal now has time to reply, and tells Kris the enclosure will ship out on 9/24. This is shortly after 8 p.m.

9/23: Allison sends an email to Kris, chastising for posting on the BOI. Miraculously, Allison had not received any of the aforementioned emails.

9/24: Sal injures his back, and cannot ship until early the following week. Offers a 20% discount. Kris accepts the offer.

9/26: Still no refund of the 20%.

9/29: Allison sends the refund via PayPal, and announces the enclosure is being shipped the following day and she will email the tracking number.

10/2: Kris just asks for a refund, since no tracking number has been provided.

10/3: Allison replies with a fake tracking number and says the enclosure was sent the day before.

10/3: The tracking number is identified as false.

10/3: Allison tells Kris they are going to a show and will be hard to reach over the weekend.

10/10: Upstate starts posting ads for sale on another forum

10/11: Upstate posts more ads for sale on another forum

10/12: Upstate has even more things to post for sale

10/12: Kris files complaints

10/13: Kris hears from Sal that his mother has died, the enclosure is back there, and he is sending a money order out next day air.

Here's what I know to be true:

1. Sal/Allison knew the tracking number was not valid before they left for their show.

2. Sal/Allison found time to post lots of ads during the time they did not reply to Kris' repeated attempts at communication prior to the promised ship date of 10/1.

3. Sal/Allison should be able to PayPal a refund on money that was PayPal'd to them.

4. There has not been sufficient time for the enclosure to have been shipped, lost, found, rejected or whatever AND returned back to them by 10/10, not if it was shipped ground. That's why I don't believe it ever shipped.

5. Sal/Allison have been too distraught to reply to Kris, but have not been too distraught to post for sale ads.

That's all quite enough for me to base a judgment on. I don't expect to hear any real responses from Sal or Allison on this matter, but we'll see. This is usually the point in the process when the ranting about never being able to please the people on the BOI starts, or vague insinuations that deals have been taken care of (how long did they claim that Tony had been refunded already?) and other drivel. You'll notice that even with all the spewing outrage today, there was never a response to the direct questions. That's their style.

I could be wrong. Stranger things have happened. I don't know anyone who would take a bet on it though.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:12 PM   #113
JungleHabitats
Rozann

OK a few things to keep in mind here on KS you can post ads for 1 day or 2 days or more ( you get the point) ok withthat being said if you will look back you will see where i had posted that i had emailed Sal & allison i think it may have been friday.I did this via a ad they had posted if you go to classified there at KS and do a search this is what comes up now keep in mind they were posting there ads to postfor one or two days to keep them fresh here are the results of the search i just did
1 CB ALBINO HORNED (PAC MAN) FROGS 10/13/03 05:17 No Detail
Category : Pythons
2. CB BURMESE PYTHONS 10/13/03 05:17 No Detail
Category : Ball Pythons
3. 1.0 CB BALL PYTHON 10/13/03 05:16 No Detail
Category : Leopard Geckos
4. CB HIGH YELLOW/CARROT TAIL/HYPO TANGERINE? 10/13/03 05:13 No Detail
Category : Boas
5. FARM RAISED CENTRAL AMERICAN BOAS 10/13/03 05:13 No Detail
6. CB KENYAN SAND BOAS - SOME STRIPED 10/13/03 05:12 No Detail
Category : Colubrids & Other Snakes
7. '02 WHITE OAK PHASE GREY RATSNAKE 10/13/03 05:11 No Detail
8. 1.1 CB HET WHITE SIDE LICORICE RATSNAKES 10/13/03 05:10 No Detail
9. CB BABY CORNSNAKES 10/13/03 05:10 No Detail
10. LOOKING FOR ALL BOAS! LOTS OF MONITORS AVAILABLE F... 10/12/03 03:57 No Detail
11. CB BAJA GOPHERS 10/12/03 03:56 No Detail
12. CB BLACK & WHITE CAL KINGS aka "CONVICT K... 10/12/03 10:28 No Detail
13. CB ARIZONA MOUNTAIN KINGS 10/12/03 10:28 No Detail

Found 13 matches keyword upstate exotics

Now on these they have had 5 drop off since this post was hitting the fan tonight i wish i would have copied pasted this search earlier but i didnt as the time line then was through 10/10/03

Now here are transactions as both Kris and Upstate have posted them.

hemingway155

Feedback Rating: (0)
Enclosures by Design
Hello everybody. Before I start getting flamed, I want to completely acknowledge that I failed to check the BOI before engaging in a transaction -- something I will not be doing again in the future, so I don't need any lectures for the moment on the necessity of doing my homework. That said, although some stuff has been going on that I am not very happy about, I'm not positive the degree to which I have a problem, but after reading previous BOI threads about Upstate Exotics I don't have much reason to be encouraged. The main reason that I am posting here is because I know Sal and Allison have been known to check this board in the past and I'm hoping that it might elicit a response from them. Therefore, I will post my entire saga as an incomplete and developing situation and withhold the assessment untill the end. I will make sure that I post continuing details as they unfold and will be more than happy to post my assessment of the complete transaction and product when the time comes, with a glowing endorsement of Enclosures by Design if one is in order. In broad strokes, snice I paypalled $345 for a custom three cage unit with two levels, one six-footer on top of two three foot enclosures two weeks ago, Sal has not responded to any of my inquiries. The cage was to have shipped a week ago, and I was supposed to receive notice of that, which I did not. At this point, I want one of a few things: 1) to know that my cage is in the mail, with a tracking number to that effect; 2) if the cage is not complete and shiped, I would like to avail myself of the 100% unconditional refund policy listed on the website so I can invest in other cages from a more reputable manufacturer, or 3) I am willing to consider some resonable accommodation if something was offered by Sal. I' m not sure what that would be, but I think I am very reasonable and I'm open to suggestions, beginning with an explanation of the whole situation. I think I have made my situation pretty clear. In support of my position, I offer the following timeline with copied emails. More to come as it develops.

Tuesday, September 9, approx. 4:30 PM (All times Eastern)

I fill out the inquiry form on the Encolsures by Design website asking about a six-foot, 2-level cage with the top level split into two cages.

Tuesday, 9/9, approx 7PM

I return a message left by Sal on my answering machine to talk about my needs. I am very encouraged by his speed in reply, and he is also very personable. He explains that the cage would function better structurally if the if cage were on top and the smaller ones on the bottom. He agrees to call me back shortly with a price quote.

Tuesday, 9/9, aprox. 7:15PM

Sal promptly returns my call with a quote of $345 plus $30-40 shipping. I agree and tell him that I will send him the funds via paypal when I get to the office where I have my email acess the next morning. He tells me that the cages will ship the following monday (9/15) or tuesday (9/16) at the latest. I understand that this is very quick turnaround nd am very encouraged by our conversation.

Wednesday, 9/10, 9AM
I have an email waiting for me with a paypal request when I make it into the office. I paypal the whole amount to Upstate Exotics. My invoice is copied below.

Dear Kris Stroup,

This email confirms that you sent a payment for $345.00 to
upstateexotics@starband.net.

------------------------------
Payment Details

------------------------------

Amount: $345.00
Subject: Enclosures by Design
Note:
Here is your invioce for your custom enclosure.

Shipping will be calculated, once boxed and ready to go, and will be
shipped ground freight collect.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sal

---------------------------------------------------------------
This payment was sent using your bank account.

By using your bank account to send money, you just:

- Paid instantly and securely

- Sent money faster than writing and mailing paper checks

- Received an additional entry in our $1,000 Sweepstakes!

Thanks for using your bank account!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for using PayPal!

The PayPal Team

Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your
account at https://www.paypal.com/HISTORY. To correct any errors, please
contact us through our Help Center at https://www.paypal.com/HELP.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be
answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the
"Help" link in the footer of any page.

Wednesday, 9/10

I am unsure about how freight collect works, so I send a follow-up email to Sal. Text as follows:

Hi there.

I enjoyed speaking with you last night -- thanks for the quick
turnaround. I paypalled you this morning, so you should have received a
receipt on that. Anyway, I have just a couple questions I was hoping
you might answer for me so that I can be ready to receive the cages.

1) How does shipping work? Your email mentioned ground freight collect,
but I'm unfamiliar with whom that would be, how I pay for that, and how
I receive the cages, or if I need to pick them up. Any info you could
help me out with would be excellent.

2)In what kind of state will the cages arrive? I just want to make sure
that I have the requisite tools handy to take care of assembly.

Thanks for all your time.

Kris

Saturday, 9/20, 8PM

Still no reply from Sal, so I send another email. Text is as follows.

Could I get a progress report on my cage? Has it shipped yet? I'm still
a bit unclear as to how you're shipping and how paying for that for
works, so I would appreciate any clarification you could provide me.

Kris

Kris Stroup

Tuesday, 9/23 11:30 AM

Still no response. I decide that there's an outside chance that I either am emailing the wrong adress (the one by which previous transactions were conducted), or their email program is filering my webmail account, so I send a longer email from my work account. Text as follows.

Sal:

I CC'd this email to all the addresses I have on my correspondence
regarding my order with Enclosures by Design. It's going out on my work
account, since I'm in the office today. Normally, my correspondence is
through hemingway@zworg.com. I don't want to be annoying, but I'm really
starting to wonder what's going on. I paypalled $345 in the early morning
of September 10th as a follow-up to our phone conversation on the night of
the 9th, at which time you told me my custom cage would ship on the
following Monday (9/15) or Tuesday (9/16) at the latest. I followed up the
next day with an email asking questions about the shipping procedure, as
well as one last weekend (9/21) asking for a progress report. I haven't
heard anything since our original phone conversation. I would like to know
something asap so I can figure out what to do about my caging situation. If
making my cage in expeditious fashion is a problem, I would be more than
happy to take refund of my payment so I can put it toward caging from a
more established supplier. I knew I was taking a chance going with a new
operation, but I felt reassured by our phone conversation. I have been
pretty disappointed with the level of communication since that point. I
hope to hear from you soon so I can resolve this issue.

Thanks

Kris

Kris Stroup

Tuesday, 9/23, 4:30 PM

Frustrated because I have been watching Upstate Exotics post ads all day on KS classifieds, so I know they are online and should get my emails, I call the number listed on their webpage. I get voicemail and leave a message which has not been returned at the time of writing.

Tuesday 9/23 8:30 PM

In the wake of further KS ads being posted, I use the KS messenger function to reply to an ad, figuring they will get the message. Text as follows.

Below is a copy of the mesage you sent to UPSTATE EXOTICS

Sal:
I have been trying to reach you every way I know how, calling the number on your
website as well as emailing a few times. I just want to know what hapened with
my custom cage order. I was expecting to hear from you by last tuesday (9/16)
that it had shipped, but I've heard nothing and you don't respond to emails. At
this point, if it hasn't shipped already (I need to see a tracking number on
that), I'd like to avail myself of the 100% moneyback guarantee posted on your
site and just get a refund so that I can invest in caging from a different
manufacturer. Returning the paypal of $345 to my account (hemingway@zworg.com)
would be perfectly acceptable. Thanks.

Kris

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=135789&cat=22

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.

Sent 07:31 PM, Sep 23rd, 2003 from I.P. Address 65.238.10.117

So that's where it stands right now. I am hoping one of these tactics will elicit a response.

Kris

Kris Stroup

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Warning Level: 0 [ View User Warnings ]

09-24-2003 02:10 AM

hemingway155

an update (already)
Just logged off the BOI and checked my email again, to find a reply from Sal, in reply to my inquiry on the KS ad.

Hi Kris!

We sent you an email this morning at 10:05am...it is ready to go and
ship out tomorrow. You will receive the tracking number tomorrow
afternoon.

Are you sure you have called the correct number? We are always here plus
have voice mail and answering machine.

Thanks

Sal

I'm hopeful that this leaves us in a good place, although I definitely didin't receive an email of any kind this morning, and none of my questions have been answered, not to mention that no explanation materialized for the lateness of shipping (over a week). We'll see what happens tomorrow -- I'll keep the board updated.

Kris

09-24-2003 02:15 AM

UpstateExotics1
Sal & Alison Tornambene
Charming Snakewoman

Feedback Rating: (-2)
Kris:

Our apologies if you feel you are not receving top service.

We received your payment on 8/10. We ask for 7-14 days for delivery.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Upstate Exotics [mailto:upstate@upstateexotics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 10:05 AM
To: 'Kris Stroup'
Subject: RE: Enclosures by Design

Hi Kris

Sorry about the lack of communication and the delay for the delivery on the enclosure. The enclosure will be going out to you tomorrow via UPS ground and I will forward you all the tracking info once shipped. Please feel free to give me a call toll free at 866-551-78-387 if you have any questions or would like to discuss this matter.

Once again I apologize for the delay and this enclosure will be shipped out to you by tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Sal Tornambene

ENCLOSURES by DESIGN
info@enclosuresbydesign.com
http://www.enclosuresbydesign.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have not received any messages from you nor telephone calls.

I do not feel there was a need to bring this to the BOI minutes after you sent us an email. Which we responded to when it came in. You didn't even give us a chance to respond....just quick to post, which I don't feel is very fair.

We have not received anything from you from the 10th until the email last night at 9:29pm. It didn't raise any flags not hearing from you, as we ask for that 7-14 day period.

Like I explained in the email this morning and this evening, your order is out for shipment via UPS tomorrow....I am 100% sure you are going to be more than happy with it.

My apologies once again for any misunderstanding and for you feeling there was a lack in communication.

Our telephone numbers are 518-692-3101 or call toll-free 1-866-551-PETS

We have voice mail and answering machines so if we are not here, please leave a message, we return all phone calls.

Upstate Exotics
1-866-551-PETS

http://www.upstateexotics.com

Warning Level: 15 [ View User Warnings ]

09-24-2003 03:26 AM

an update
September 23, 10:45 PM

I just got off the phone with Sal, who was quite dismayed that our transaction was brought to the BOI. He reasured me that the cage would be shipping tomorrow, and offered an extended explanation about problems with shippers and switchimg companies, and a host of other issues that might motivate a delay.

All I can say is that I would have been very sympathetic to all those concerns had they been expressed as a result of Sal's own initiative in fulfilling his responsibility to keep his customers informed, especially when delaying shipping for more than a week after the promised date.

He continues to assert that he sent an email this morning. As of now, I have not received that email, but I promised him that I would reference it in this forum.

I chalk this one up as a success for the BOI as it certainly seems to function as a motivation to good customer service when all transactions are conducted above the board. As it has been from the start, my interest is only in full disclosure. I will continue to update this thread as the situation develops, when I receive a tracking number, and when the cage arrives. As I noted in my first post, I did not post this with the intent of atacking anybody -- this could very well turn into a ringing endorsement or the quality of ages Sal constructs, if not his customer service in this instance.

Kris

09-24-2003 04:05 AM

hemingway155

An update
In response to the rquests for an update, here's how the situation has continued to develop.

I got a call from Sal on Wednesday night (9/24) saying that he had injured his back and was unable to ship the cage. He offered me two options: A complete refund, or a refund of 20% the purchase price and wait for a few days to ship.

Well, I really want the cage, so I told him that I would take the discount and wait a few days for shipping. I heard him tell Allison to proces sthe refund immediately. I was anticipating that I would see something from paypal that evening, but I did not. I waited until friday and emailed them again. Allison emailed me back and said that she had ben in contact with the paypal people and they were processing a credit to my account. I'm unfamiliar with that procedure, althouhg she made it sound like the credit would go directly to my bank acocunt from which I transferred the funds in the first place. Either way, it hasn't showed up yet, so I'll give it a few days.

According to Sal, the cage should ship early this week, and I will keep everybody posted as I get ne information. I'll also post a full evaluation of the cage once it's here, with pictures of the setup.

Thanks for your concern.

Kris

09-28-2003 05:22 PM

UpstateExotics1
Sal & Alison Tornambene
Charming Snakewoman

Hey cupcake!!!!

You are more then welcome to come on down here and pick what you like!!!

What the heck i might even help you PICK something up!!!!

Sal

Upstate Exotics
1-866-551-PETS

09-28-2003 10:55 PM

UpstateExotics1
Sal & Alison Tornambene
Charming Snakewoman

It's not sending money it is a refund. We have switched bank accounts and paypal is verying our new information, so we have to use their system to request refunds, for security purposes. So Ritchie, I do understand the concept of sending money, but this is not sending money, it is a refund....two different things.

Besides that, the only person that needs to be happy here is Kris...which we are making sure he is the ONE that is and will continue to be happy.

quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 8:57 PM
To: Alison Tornambene
Subject: Access Limitation - ATARAL (KMM35226552V51372L0KM)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: When you click on links in this email, you will be asked to log into
your PayPal Account. As always, make sure that you are logging into a
secure PayPal page by looking for 'https://www.paypal.com/' at the
beginning of the URL.

Form Message
customer message: I authorize paypal to refund Kris Stroup
(hemingway@zworg.com) $69.00

Thank You

Alison Tornambene

Then today we received this:

quote:

Dear Alison Tornambene,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Recently you have written to PayPal to have certain funds refunded to buyers. In order for us to be able to do so, we need you to reply back to us with the transaction ID numbers that are you referencing in regards to those refunds. Please reply back to this email with that information so that we can better assist you. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us
again.

Sincerely,
Evan
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

That information was sent today, so like I explained to Kris (the one who needs to be happy and have things explained to), he should receive his payment tomorrow.

Upstate Exotics
1-866-551-PETS

09-29-2003 05:27 AM

hemingway155

Well, I'm hoping that my cage-purchasing saga is almost at an end. I just emailed Sal and Allison and asked that they refund the balace of my money if my cage has not been shipped already. Here's the details of the last few days. I did eventually receive direct paypal from them, and an email on Monday night:

Hey Kris:

Paypal finally lifted the restricted access to our account today...I
will go ahead and refund you direct. All I ask is if paypal finally
does refund you through their financial department (since they're taking
so long) just send the additional $69 back to us. I trust you
will....lol

The enclosure will be going out tomorrow, we are dropping it off at the
shipping place to be packed and boxed properly (disassembled), and will
go out. Once shipped I will email you the tracking number. Sal is
feeling better, and is having a friend help him load everything up (so
he doesn't go back to square one with doing it himself...lol).

Thanks for your patience! You can still call tomorrow, but this is what
I wanted to talk to you about.

Have a great night!

Thanks!!!

Sal & Alison Tornambene

Well, I never received a tracking number, so I am really unsure what the status of my cage is at this point. I emailed them tuesday night and again thursday afternoon to inquire about a tracking number. I received no reply to either, but I'm sure they have been online, since I've seen postings on KS from them.

It seems like everytime I post here, I get a very quick reply, thouhg, so I know they check htis thread. Hopesfully this post will get a reply. Honestly, I just wan t my money back at this point so I can look into purchasing a different cage.

Thanks for all your help and suport. I'll keep you posted as the situation develops.

Kris

10-03-2003 05:26 AM

hemingway155

The email I received this morning:

Hi Kris!

Sorry, but we thought you received the tracking number yesterday. We
dropped it off at the shipper to be wrapped and packaged. Shipping UPS
Ground #1ZY2666E2494962057.

Sorry we didn't get back to you right away, we have a show this weekend,
so we've been very wrapped up today getting ready for it. So if it takes
us a bit to get back to you this weekend, don't worry, we will be
checking our email periodically.

Please let me know you received this email, as it sometimes seems we
miss correspondence from each other.

Hope you enjoy the enclosure and let me know when it arrives.

Thanks!!!

Sal & Alison Tornambene

I'll et you guys know once it arrives.

Kris

10-03-2003 01:47 PM

hemingway155

Nothing yet. After I emailed requesting a refund last week, I was told that the package already went to the shipper, and I got a tracking number, ostensibly UPS ground.

1ZY2666E2494962057

That number is not functional, in case you checked it. I emailed back a couple of times to ask about that, and just heard yesterday that they would look into it. At this point, I have no idea what the status either of the cage or the refund is.

I'll post pictures and my evaluation when and if the cage arrives.

Kris

10-07-2003 08:37 PM

hemingway155

I'd like to thank everybody for their support in this situation. I still have not heard back from Sal and Allison about a valid tracking number. I first emailed them on Friday to ask why the number didin't function, and then again on Sunday. I received email back very late Sunday night that said they would talk to the shipper on Monday morning to get it straightened out. I haven't heard back siunce then, and I know they check this forum, so this shouldn't be news to anybody. At this point, I'm not sure what the status of my cage is, although it seems that if it shipped last thursday from New York and it's only going to eastern Ohio, I would have seen something by now. Anyway, I sent an email to Sal and Allison this morning with the following text:

So, what's going on with my cage? If you sent the thing out last
thursday, then the tracking number you gave me should work by now, and you've had more than enough time since monday to get in touch with the shipper to get that worked out. I need to know what the deal is here. At this point, I'm just completely unsatisfied with the situation, and would like to request the refund your site guarantees. Let me know how to work this out.

Thanks

Kris

For the folks that have suggested potential action on my part, I have some questions, and would love any advice you could give me.

First, my question about shipping to Sal and Allison in my original email was never answered. In the original correspondence, freight collect was mentioned as a shipping means, and I know I would have to pay for that at some point, but I'm not sure how that functions. Does that mean that I pay UPS on this end when the package arrives? If so, couldn't I just refuse to do so and the package would be returned? That would simplify the whole issue of return shipping, right?

As far as paypal goes, I'm not sure what my options are. I did an instant transfer from my bank account rather than using a credit card, so I'm pretty sure that I can't protest the charge through a credit card company, although I do have a visa check card linked to my account. What options does paypal give me?

I hope it never comes down to either of these options, and Sal and Allison will step forward to take responsibility for recent events. I probably should have taken the full refund when it was previously offered, but I like to think I'm pretty reasonable about things, and the partial refund was more than sufficient at the time as a gesture that things were being taken care of on that end. Apparently that was naive of me, although I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully my continued emails and posts to this forum will elicit a reponse.

Thanks for your time.

Kris

10-09-2003 02:18 PM

hemingway155

Just to keep everybody posted, still no word from Sal and Allison and my cage has not been delivered. I filed a complaint with paypal today and if that is insufficient to merit a response, I will pursue actoin through the buyer complaint system on KS. THanks for your support.

Kris

10-10-2003 11:42 PM

hemingway155

Just to keep everybody informed, I sent Sal and Alison a final email by responding to a KS ad posted today (funny how often they use the internet but never seem to have time to respond to me). I informed them that I will be pursuing a complaint through KS, which will require me to file with the FBI's internet fraud reporting service. I haven't been able to go through all that yet becase I'm at an academic conference this weekend, but plan on taking all the action legally within my reach tomorrow evening. If anybody has suggestions beyond the options listed on KS's page, I'd love to hear them.

In response to the questions about other vicitms pursuing the situation further, it seems to me that the problem is the non-cumulative nature of all the systems currently set up to deal with these situations. If three complaints aren't simultaneously pending, then it's hard to get posting privileges revoked, and once compensation is made (no matter how late that is), legal options start to sriously diminish. Sadly, I know that once my problem with Sal and Alison is resolved through whatever means, they will simply continue. I suppose that's where the BOI comes in. I know I won't be making any purchases in the future without checking it, and more folks should do the same.

Thanks

Kris

10-12-2003 03:43 AM

hemingway155

FYI, I still have not heard anything from Enclosures by Design. I just filed complaint with KS, and the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center. The number for the official complaint is:

I03101219126477

I will keep you guys posted on developments.

Kris

10-13-2003 12:49 AM

hemingway155

It looks like my situation might finally be coming to a close. After filing my complaint, I very quickly got an email and a phone message that Sal will be sending a refund in the form of a money order via overnight mail, ostensibly to arrive tomorrow. A copy of the email I received:

Kris...

I'm sorry we have not been in touch. My mother passed away and we've been trying to wrap up loose ends here. I have the enclosure back here and I will send out a money order to you tomorrow refunding your money.

I apologize greatly for all the hassle and inconvenience this has
caused...we haven't been on top of emails with all that has been goingon, just trying to maintain what we could.

Once the money order is out tomorrow I will shoot you an email. My apologies once again.

Thanks!!!

I hope this will turn out in expeditious fashion. A couple major questions this email leaves hanging for me:

1) Why is the enclosure 'back here' if it was ostensibly shipped with a tracking number and all? Is this an admission that the story was false in the first place?

2) I find Upstate Exotics has an interesting interpretation of 'trying to maintain what we could.' I guess that means posting 17 ads on KS from Friday-Sunday before having time to email customres with outstanding complaints.

Overall, I'm relieved that this seems to be resolving itself, and I can now look into caging from more reputable source.

Thanks for your help.

Kris

10-13-2003 05:55 PM

ok now after all that reposting if you thumb throughthe posts you will see that there are very few days between everything that has gone on for a death to have occured ..NOW if one did occur there was ample chances to make Kris aware of the situation IMHO

There were SEVERAL excuses through out there email transactions from Sal on the why syndrome (also known as stringing out the real cause) so hopefully this will clear up the whole idea of why no one really thinks there stories hold water.
Also during the latter part of last week they were still posting ads on KS??

now i will apologize for this tremendous post lol

Old 10-13-2003, 11:15 PM   #114
JungleHabitats
Talking GRRR terese

you took the "short route " on your timelines lol

Old 10-13-2003, 11:19 PM   #115
JungleHabitats
they must be very distraught still

and yet they keep on posting items for sale .... not that it matters now huh they have settled this dispute !!or have they ???

Old 10-13-2003, 11:47 PM   #116
Stardust
Alrighty then lol. That was a lot to read. I do understand as stated before, why people do not believe, just didn't like the crassness and sarcasism about a death in the family.
I see the timeline on KS on the 12th and 13th. I do not know when the death occurred. I see they wrote Kris about the time of the ads as well.
I remember all to well the Tony story. So at that I will concede with a bit of optimisism still. (Can't help it )
For now, I will just hope they send Kris his money in a prompt manner and this mess be done with.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:55 PM   #117
SPJ
Quote:
just didn't like the crassness and sarcasism about a death in the family.
I apologize for that. The wording in my posts left a lot to be desired and should not have been written in that manner.

Old 10-14-2003, 12:31 AM   #118
JungleHabitats
Exclamation Rozann keep in mind

they wrote him due to him informing them he had filed complaints with KS and the FBI fraud division and then SUDDENLY they were sending money back, they didnt mention that the cage was in route or etc.
honestly i beleive if Kris had not informed them of his actions they would have continually ignored or fed him grapes,,

Old 10-14-2003, 12:50 AM   #119
Stardust
Believe it or not, it is very hard for me to keep an open mind about this given the record. I also understand that when Neil refunded me the money I never thought I would get back, I in turn gave them a chance, which I haven't posted until now. Long story, very rocky start, ended on a good note (only because I was making sure animals were in good condition BEFORE I posted).
So that being said, I was really hoping for a turn around, just like I am really hoping that Kris gets refunded ASAP.
If I have a different time line it is not for me to post. I will not go so far to be spokesperson so to speak (nor have I asked to be).
So since I will not do that, nor will I jump on a bandwagon I can only bow out and hope for the best, which I am doing.
Believe me when I say, I have been very angered and outraged at some of upstates performances, so I do hope for a speedy end now.

Old 10-14-2003, 12:33 PM   #120
JungleHabitats
Kris .... any word yet on tracking #'s for your refund?

n.p.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!