Bad Guy I GOT SCAMMED!!! By Randy Gilkerson (lilroc338) of Gilroc Reptiles!!! BEWARE!! - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #111
Alex G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigator View Post
You and me both. Actually when he told me he was taking him to a vet my first question was "what vet is going to get you in NOW?" I mean, I have been a vet tech for NINE YEARS and NO vet I have ever worked at could just get someone in spur of the moment unless they literally walked in with a dying animal. In fact, one of my snakes had a URI a few weeks ago and went DOWNHILL FAST and I jumped in the car and called SIX clinics and NONE of them could get me in at 4:30pm on a weekday and I told them this is a 911 need medical attention NOW. I ended up running to the emergency clinic where I work at and the doctor did all she could to help my snake.

I'd love to know what vet got him in instantly. I wonder if it was even a reptile vet. Most vets in my area don't know a hiss from a sneeze. and I love how Randy said in the text he has plenty of experience dealing with URIs and he jumped right to antibiotics. He had no idea about cultures and that ABs only treat bacterial infections, NOT viral. He says he has tons of experience treating URIs yet he said the vet had to show him how to give shots?? really?? Plus Frank did advise me to put the black pastel in quarantine because Randy's snakes all get URIs. so far he looks ok, thank goodness.
He doesn't have experience with poop, let alone URIs

Old 08-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #112
reptilebaby
I have 3 breeders who I have done business with and I trust them infinitely. I don't know many people here and would LOVE to make more friends that I can buy from and sell to, but YOU, Randy are REALLY %^$#&*ing up my trust in breeders. You are definitely on my list of people I WILL NOT BUY FROM!
It is REALLY sad that you stole that gorgeous bee from her, and promised her a female, which WAS WHAT SHE WANTED, but you lied and sent her a male! WHY would she buy another male when all she really needs is ONE black pastel male? I mean, you can safely breed 5 females to 1 male. She DIDN'T need another male! Most people want to ONLY have what they NEED for their plans in their collection, not an animal that isn't something that was wanted or needed!
I doubt you'll be able to salvage your reputation at this point. At the very least I doubt ANYONE will trade with you, unless YOU ship first. I sure as hell wouldn't. I do have a nice citrus ghost female, and am waiting for news that another has hatched

Old 08-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #113
Kaa22
Whenever I've had an animal that has needed to go to a vet (IE suture work done due to fighting injuries during breeding, etc); and I've needed a copy of the invoice, or any type of detailed invoice, all I'd have to do is call the vet office. Normally they can email you off a pdf of your invoice. More than enough to post.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #114
laterob
Quote:
He doesn't have experience with poop, let alone URIs
So, just this once, it's okay to say that Randy doesn't know ?

Randy - call the vet you took the snake to and ask them to send you a pdf of the invoice. Add it as an attachment using the paper clip next to the smiley and the 'fonts' and 'sizes' when you reply to this thread.

Seems like an awful lot of trouble, huh? Maybe you should just send her the snake back.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #115
Bobby Douglass
Laura, do you think Frank or his wife would give you the tracking number where they shipped him the snake? Not that there's any question about it but it would prove that he recieved the snake from them unlike he said.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #116
Dennis Hultman
I just started catching up on today's posts and need to address this. Masking profanity in a way that the offending words are still understood is still considered profanity on this site and has been for along time. I suggest that some of you craft your statements with a little more thought. There are at least a half dozen posts in violation of the sites rules in regards to the profanity rules and name calling. I would hate to have to start giving people some involuntary time off.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #117
bullies&balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilroc338 View Post
Lol you crack me up, come on down ill pay for dinner,
Or I can come to your house an pick you up..you still in newark,
Un that little dog house?
Ummm yiou never came to my house, but I was the guy you called asking how to make an albino spider and put you in touch with Peter to get your Spider (most likely 1st snake too).

My address is 1665 main st
Newark, OH 43055

Big 2 story white on white. Make sure and bring her bee too. Dinner will be my TREAT..

Old 08-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #118
mechnut450
This Randy sounds like another scammer that only in for a quick buck and has it appears to have and more than one person I am guessing with reference to another post/topic.

Laura I have a couple females but sadly they only normals. ( have a pastel females but she only like 400 grams ( last checked) but I lack visible morphs since i only been getting into morphs recently ( last 2 years ) ...

I know i search and limit my dealing with other snakes keepers. I don't have much if any rep, and i only learned to pop and probe about 2 years ago. I always do a pop 4 different times over a week period to make sure i sex id the snakes right. and if I pop and looks male any one time I will start all over..
This year I had a 5 clutch of albinos and got a 1.4 of albinos and hets. andI had 2 other people pop them to make sure i done it right. ( one being my girlfriend that has more exp with sexing snakes.) I told anyone I dealt with if unhappy or ifi ID snake wrong to let me know and I make it right asap.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #119
Herper96
"Fine go take a picture right now if the male you got from Frank and text it to me."

Nice move. I like how he just ignored that text.

I can't image your anger towards this guy. I'm sorry he put you through this. I hope it all works it self out.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #120
farfrumugen
with an open mind i will respond here. maybe you thought you had a female after you received it from frank. even though you bought a male. maybe you re-sexed it wrongly and thought you hit paydirt.
ok so you send her the snaek and its actually a male. what your next move should be is to man up and send her the bumble bee back. you may actually regain some credibility back by doing right.
by answering the questions defensibly and rudely you are digging deeper.
try and stay calm, answer the questions that have been asked. post the vet bill if need be. admit a mistake has been made and you were trying to find a way out. eating the shipping is minor compared to loss in money from lost sales due to a bad reputation here. i wont make judgment or call you names but i will suggest that you make it right and send the snake back even if YOU feel its wrong.
adam jeffery

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
gilroc reptiles, lilroc338, r and j reptiles, randy gilkerson