Enclosures by Design - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2003, 02:47 PM   #131
Dennis Gulla
Kris,

I am very happy that you got your money back. Even with the pressure of the BOI, it took Tony (see Big Papa thread) four months and 50+ pages to get some type of resolution.

Old 10-14-2003, 02:47 PM   #132
ms_terese
Glad to see it's over, Kris.

As I said earlier, I don't expect Sal & Allison to post any replies to why things happened as they did, so we'll never really know about the lack of communication or the enclosure never arriving. They may have discussed those things privately with Kris, and if they did, that's good enough for me.....it was a deal between them.

I have to say that I'm actually impressed that it was handled this quickly on Sal & Allison's end. The deal may have gone bad, but they owned up to it and fixed it quickly this time. THAT is progress.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:08 PM   #133
Stardust
I believe Terese is correct in saying that upstate wont be on again. Personally I hope they wont be.
I do also hope that if Kris should decide to post more emails he does it in a more appropriate area. As the problem with the cages has been resolved. What the BOI is about.
Fifty more pages on the BOI picking everything apart that has nothing to do with the deal at hand only ones opinions sent via private emails is not warranted.
JMHO

Old 10-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #134
hemingway155
Just to reassure everybody, I have no intention of posting further emails or further dragging out the situation. I think the point that the purpose of the BOI in resolving this specific complaint has been satisfied is an apt one. This is not to imply that I am satisfied with the situation (contrary to the repeated assertion by Upstate that their only obligation is to satisfy me, and that is what they have done). A look back at the post will notice that I have constrained my comments to simple factual descriptions in the interest of not further inflaming the situation and jeopardizing my refund. At this point, I've been out a few hundred dollars (which is a lot to a graduate student) for an extended period of time, and I'm no further along in my caging search than I was a month ago. As far as the BOI goes, it has served its purpose in at least insuring that I was not further defrauded, and for that I am grateful. So ends my contribution to the thread, although I hope it serves as an exemplar for others contemplating dealing with Sal and Alison.

Kris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Old 10-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #135
JungleHabitats
Thumbs up well said sasheena

nothing in life is perfect.. is the BOI perfect well id have to say not by the definiton of perfect ....BUT it does draw results and does shed light on people that use this hobby / trade to take full advantage of others. While i have to agree the resoning behind Sal/s insight on the BOI and members here im sure is one sided and more then likely tailored to his postion thats it his opinion.BUT i can say with out the BOI in place and in use where would newcomers and basically ANYONE who is everscrewed over in a bad deal go to warn others ???? surely not the other BIG herp site while they may be herp friendly there definately not Herp owner friendly in that they would delte any thread that was telling one of who to stay clear of . which result in this case Upstat Exotics to run rampade over the unsuspectin consumers in this hobby by doing exactly what they had intiones of doing in this case . I feel that there was only two things that made this turn out the way it did .
#1 the BOI even in all its flaws was a factor in there descision due to the fact there pertinent info that they provided to Kris was posyted here by him to state what they had said and the eyes of this board and the herp community was watching & hounding them to do the right thing
#2 Kris being firm on his intentions of following through on his threat to inform KS & FBI fraud
to me the BOI is like the Judicail system in place in the US but on a smaller scale but with more influence
Does it have flaws? yes everything and everyone has flaws? does it work ? yes it works ,

But usally the only people that ever complain of thissite and the purpose of the BOI are the ones who have something to hide , something to loose .
you never .. or i have never yet see anyone come here and complain due to the fact there is a post here about how good of a person they were to do buisness with.
its the wones that have the bad guy threads that complain ...
and who can blame them i know if i was doing people wrong i wouldnt wont my dirty laundry all laid out for the world to see .

But again glad to see you have your money kris thats the moral to the BOI and its members .

The End