Bad Guy mike fields is a horrible business man - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:07 AM   #131
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
On your statements on packaging, this was posted last year.
Well now Dennis, if you will note, Mike also said:

[QUOTEdaniellesgeckos]Was it several people or one or two who stated that our shipping hadnt changed and I can assure you it had done a 360.[/quote]

So, there you go....it did a complete circle, ending up right bck where it started....crappy. Too bad he didn't manage to stop at 180 degrees.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #132
Cat_72
To properly quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellesgeckos
Was it several people or one or two who stated that our shipping hadnt changed and I can assure you it had done a 360.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:23 AM   #133
Cat_72
Quote:
I have 5 complaints 2 or 3 which actually proved their case.
Where the do you get those figures?? There are many more than 5 threads, all of which seem to have multiple issues on each thread....

Quote:
Even in the begining when we made shipments the wrong way none of those animals died during the shipment.
Regardless of whether they died DURING shipment, the fact that many of them had to suffer DURING shipment, and then some of them died later as a direct result of that suffering. I don't give a rat's if you think it's all fine that they didn't actually die during shipment....or that you may have eventually refunded some money....it doesn't change the fact that animals had to suffer.

I'm not going to waste a bunch of time on this, but a few examples that stood out to me of animals suffering:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrosemurphy
They shipped in woefully underprepared packaging both times, and the geckos arrived extremely stressed and damn near frozen. Within a week, one male of the second pair had died.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch101
They had told me that the snake had a tiny bit of a pink nose from past nose rub. I guess that was an understatment. It was rubbed to the bone, and the snake had had/has a serious respiratory infection (super puffy throat and open mouth breathing. Its condition and injuries have distorted its whole face to look quite horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
I told him that it had been very hot (in the 90s) so ship for a 10:30 arrival. Well he didn't and the Chondro didn't show up till the afternoon. Very warm but alive. I contacted him and left a message and later emailed him(got no reply to either) that the Chondro had made it but was over heated.
I cooled the animal down and put him in his cage, he seemed like he was doing OK that night but I found him dead the next morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni013
I knew when I held the box it was going to be bad....it was hot to the touch, temps had quickly risen to the high 90s by then. I quickly opened the box to see a dark cham, laying on her side, I thought she was dead for sure
Sadly HE (yes it was a boy and not a 3 irl like I specifically had asked for) met his demise 3 short days after I recieved him. I took him to the vet and had a carpet breeder helping me try and keep him alive but he was just too weak.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #134
Junkyard
Quote:
What ever happen to benifit of the doubt?
How many more mis-sexed animals are you going to ship out? You should not be giving credit, have the animal shipped back at your expense, then ship back a properly sexed animal. Easy fix, but you screw up and leave the buyer out for the cleaners. That is the doings of a scumbag. I would never buy from you because I do not want a mis-sexed animal and then have to buy another (You do not let the customers you screwed over use the credit you gave them).
Quote:
or innocent until proven guilty.
That only applies in a court of law, human tendency is guilty until proven innocent.

Quote:
I thought the point of this BOI is for a person to share their experience and if a dealer felt he was getting the raw end of the stick he could ad his two cents in and maybe they will get to the bottom of the problem.
What about the customer getting the raw end of the stick? You sent out mis-sexed animals and did not make the situation right. This credit crap that scumbags like your business use is going into the rule book. I will make it #6.

Quote:
What I mean by that they provided proper e-mail and or pics with dates etc. Everyone else is either just claims with no proof or just inqiures.
You want the customers you screwed over to show proof, how about you showing proof?

Quote:
I have been selling reptiles online professionaly for 4-5 years and in those 4-5 years we will just say that I have done 50 deals in each year well that is a very low number but I would like to remain conservative in this example. well that is 200-250 deals within that time period. I have 5 complaints 2 or 3 which actually proved their case. Now I do not know the exact % that is but I am sure it is pretty low. Yet you have me written off as a bad dealer? That does not make since.
Sure it makes sense, I cannot trust to get a properly sexed animal from you. What percentage of mis-sexed animals do you ship out in one box? 40% that is not a low number. You send out tick and mite infested snakes. That one deal is capable of contaminating a whole collection, all it takes is one mite to spread a disease.

Quote:
1 out of the three got their money back and yes the other I should have just given her what ever she wanted. I refuse to give money back to someone just because they made a aqiusation on this site. I do not like being pushed around and I refuse to pay someone because they tried to blackmail me.
How about making sure you send out the right animal? Do you take any responsibility for that? Not yet. You give out credit then cut all communications. There is another rule for the scumbags, I will make that one #4.

Quote:
To anser your other claim in this thread bassed on what you have read on he nere you can not form a opinion on weather or not my husband and I are in the business for the money or just the animals. Just another mean and hatefull thing you could ad in your response. Like stressed to you before you do not know me or my husband personally and from what I have read from you on here not only in my threads but in other I wouldver want to know you either. Yo are rude very rarely have a nice thing to say to anyone.
So who are you to control other people's opinions? Cat has every right to form any opinion, about you, that she wants. Cat is a wonderful person, she has one of the biggest hearts here on this forum. You know as little about her as you do me. She has probably done more for the reptile community than you have. I think you are mistaking hateful for truthful. There is nothing wrong with being in business for money, that is why you are selling animals. Anyone who is willing to ship out a mis-sexed animal and not fix the problem is in the business for money. You also shipped out snakes with mites and ticks, that is another reason I see you as being in the business for the money and not the love of animals. Those animals should be treated far better before shipping them out, even if they are wild caught. Protect the other animals and strengthen the health of the infected one. You cannot screw over your customers and expect them to not be upset with you.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #135
grandmagreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellesgeckos View Post
Aparantly you are not paying attention. I have addressed several threads on here that pretain to me.

Thanks, Danielle Fields
Danielle,

Apparently, you didn't understand my question. I apologize for not expressing myself in a clear manner. I will try again. Can you please show how you have resolved these cases, instead of just saying "no case"? Maybe, post a few emails showing that your clients' issues have been fixed and that they are satisfied with the end result.

Did the upgrade remove the "Spell Check" button?

Old 10-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #136
ravensgait
Thanks for the comment Mike (Captnemo) Someone told me this thread was here or I likley wouldn't have seen it for a while. I've posted my problem with RR in the past but here is the short version .

A number of years ago when Mike Fields first started in business I answered an add for a female chondro he had listed. We emailed back and forth about price(he answered very quickly sometimes within minutes) came to an agreement and I sent him payment. Snake was supposed to be shipped on a certain date, when it didn't arrive i contacted him(had to cal a few times to reach him ) said there was bad weather ETC so no problem set up a new date. I had mentioned that was interested in canary Chondro's and Mike told me he had found some and was I interested. I said yeah I wanted a male, we agreed on a price so i sent him more money.

I should add here that the add on KS had two females listed, a friend bought the other one and received it right away. So I just figured the problem we were having was as Mike said weather.

Again no snakes show up this happens a few times, he was hard to contact through email or phone . I finally got him on the phone and confronted him about what was going on.. He stated that the female had been bitten above the eye by a rat ETC ETC I got the feeling that that was why he was avoiding me. Anyway I told him to ship the Canary or refund my money. He wanted to wait on the female to make sure she was OK I had no problem with waiting on her.. Fine so he shipped the male Canary, this was in June he was shipping from Florida to Texas. the Canary arrived in a insulated box and was parked on a large heat pack ! he was still alive but not doing well.

I called Mike and left a message that he had arrived and explained the problem IE the snake was very over heated. I never talked to Mike again as he never answered my calls or returned emails. The Canary died that night and I took photos and emailed them to mike and never have had a response.

I was one of Mike's first if not the first customer , as you can see our deal went badly and as from the many threads here on the BOI you can see he has had many other problems.. Most people who have bad deals either don't know about the BOI or just don't post here about them, so I wonder just how many more folks have been ripped off by this guy in the last 4 years..

Mike, you can say what you want but we know you changed your business name because of the bad threads here and word of mouth about you. You are the one and only person in this hobby who has out and out ripped me off, so little wonder that I like to keep the word out there, about you.. You could have made this right when it happened and I'd of been happy to recommend you to others here but you took the low road and ran from your mistakes...Randy

Old 10-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #137
MikeCurtin
Now I rember the story.

Randy: you have a PM

Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #138
Junkyard
Danielle, where did you go? I thought Mike was all geared up to put us in our place?

Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #139
vferra7777
Rainforest Reptile Experience

Hello. I am Vinny Ferraiolo from OFF THE ARK in VA. In 2006 I bought what was listed as a pair of CB white-lips from Rainforest reptiles. I believe they were $300 + shipping. I got them a few days later and the male had an RI (cheesy build up, wheezing, bubbles), female had ticks. The male died a few days later female was OK after being sprayed with med for ticks. Contacted him for a few weeks and nothing came of it. This was about the time Rainforest disappeared and he popped up again through Danielle.

They are my favorite species to work with and it was sad. Haven't talked with either of them since. Never was made right. I have the MC slip still

Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #140
Junkyard
It is rather apparent that running away from their problems is how Mike and Danielle deal with them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!