Mark Miller (loco-lizards) - Bad Guy ! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:49 PM   #141
Chris@TSE
And wednesday is not acceptable. If it was initiated LAST WEEK it should easily clear by tuesay at the latest. Most of our internation wire transfers clear within thirty minutes to six hours.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:50 PM   #142
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
BTW. It took me all of twenty to thirty minutes to do my homework and find out about Tony. Rumor has it he is one of the largest pains in the ass amongst his Canadian peers. Rumor has it he steals photos, misrepresents animals, and LOVES to construct payment plans and bug the hell out of sellers all the while.......

You know... ALL of the above may be 100% true but guess what?

Mark still accepted the deal and failed to follow through. The deal began falling apart LONG before he was even aware of these rumors or truths, whatever they may be....

Fact remains, how long did it take me to find out this information? And I am not even in the same "boa circles" as these guys.......

If entering into a deal such as this you do your homework first. No ifs ands or buts about it. Mark failed to do this. So.... With that said, who fault is it?

You guessed it... Marks. Mark may have every reason in the world not to want to deal with this guy after he learned of the many rumors that surround him but that is NOT why this deal fell apart.

It began falling apart wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in October when Mark made it perfectly clear in his emails that he wanted to change the deal or sell the snake elsewhere for more.

I'll be the first to say it, knowing what I know now, I wish to god that I was not backing Tony up. I may think hes right here but I certainly would not want to deal with him, let alone alow him to breathe the same air I do. Mark my words right now, I HATE the fact that I am agreeing with him. But unfortunately, I do. The facts do not lie.

I feel like those geeks on the CSI shows....

"I follow the evidence"
Sure you say the rumors may or may not be true, but then go on and say basically he is the biggest piece of ****e, and you don't expect him to respond to this? and when he does he is just repeating himself, and whining. All those mack threads and now this one......you are getting so full of yourself............I'm sure I'll catch hell for my opinion, since so many people worship you on this board, but jimminy christmas, you basically tell the guy he is a waste of oxygen and shouldn't be alive, then chastize him for responding. As far as repeating oneself, over and over (whining?), do a post count, as well as a content count, guess who has more?

Old 05-30-2005, 06:53 PM   #143
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

Did I miss that somewhere?

That has not been stated by anyone has it?
No, it has not. Mickey is grasping at straws. The email I posted above includes the part where Mark tries changing the deal. He initiates a ultimadum wishing to recieve payment in full or he will sell the snake locally. The email clearly shows his intentions to break\modify the original deal. Tony never agreed to any such thing. Yet Mickey here wants to pretend it did not happen. Perhaps he should take a break from the Neverland ranch and get back to reality.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:57 PM   #144
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
Sure you say the rumors may or may not be true, but then go on and say basically he is the biggest piece of ****e, and you don't expect him to respond to this? and when he does he is just repeating himself, and whining. All those mack threads and now this one......you are getting so full of yourself............I'm sure I'll catch hell for my opinion, since so many people worship you on this board, but jimminy christmas, you basically tell the guy he is a waste of oxygen and shouldn't be alive, then chastize him for responding. As far as repeating oneself, over and over (whining?), do a post count, as well as a content count, guess who has more?
I appreciate the post, I'll clear that up. I was commenting regarding the fact he kept repeating that he had not recieved his refund when in all reality it was literally PENDING! It had been sent but supposedly not cleared his bank till this coming tuesday. He felt it necessary to repeat it over and over, "I still never got my refund (insert whining here)" We were all agreeing with him yet he also kept replying as if no one believed him. He may be a POS, but unfortunately no matter how much I would like to side elsewhere, I have to side with who is right. He deserves his refund, he deserves his apology, and he deserves the truth from Mark.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:01 PM   #145
The BoidSmith
Is this a viable solution?

There is a very simple way this can be solved. If Mark is in the position to export the boa, he could ask for the balance and once it arrives send the snake. Yes, it would be a violation of the original agreement, and no he shouldn’t be doing that, but by doing so Mark would:

1 Clear all suspicions that he is doing this to make more money out of the boa. At this point even if he returns every dime, everyone that has followed this deal will be waiting to see for how much this snake will finally be sold.

2He will not run any risk by sending the snake once it is completely paid for.

So the more pressing questions are:

a. Would Mark still agree to sell the boa if it is paid in full before shipping?

b. Would Tony agree to send the balance (going against the previous agreement) after what has happened in this past year?

c. Would any of the people in here feel comfortable sending more money (doubling it to be exact) to a person that hasn’t fulfilled his obligations for over a year?

As someone said, neither one is coming clean out of this one. But in my opinion at this point there’s seems to be more of a stain in Mark’s clothing.

Regards.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #146
Mickey_TLK
Chris

I appreciate you willingness to get personal with me on this one for stateing MY OPINION. I will make sure not to disagree with you in the future.

Ive said my share, it is what it is. Im sorry Im willing to give Mark the benifit of a day. Im just saying if come 8 am on tuesday it hasnt hit, lets not s__t ourselves.

ONE LAST TIME REALLY SLOW, I DO NOT FULLY SUPPORT EVERYTHING MARK HAS DONE HERE. I dont know what else he could be expected to do. No he shouldnt have agreed to 50% and 50%.

Anyone want to man up and broker the shipment of the snake that TONY REALLY WANTS AND HAS MONEY FOR? Im sure if tuesday when Tony has his money from the refund, if hes willing to add the difference he agreed to on the value of the snake, that Mark would still sell it to him for that UP FRONT.

But as I said pages back, no one is going to want to take that risk, and Im NOT an international shipper so I wouldnt begin to offer to do so.

Untill this happens, we can all have our OPINIONS of what we feel has happened here.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #147
DaveyFig
Mickey...if we are calling people liars (and I am not calling you one), did Mark tell you he doesn't have a motley? Cause guess what....really...guess, then I can share.
Also, if he doesn't have a motley, or didn't as far as you know, and supposedly was using Tony's money to buy one...why wait so long to refund? He didn't use the deposit for what he said he was using the deposit for , and that really was his only defense wasn't it? In his post he says something to the effect of :You can't say anything about me spending the deposit, because it was stated in the ad that I was using the money to buy a motley.
So now can we say something about him spending the deposit since you made it clear in your post that it wasn't for a motley?

Screw it, I will say it...MARK HAS A MOTLEY, or he lied to someone else. He can take his pick. He bought a motley using money he got from selling jungles this month. So...he's not hurting for money, but still couln't manage to pay back money that he didn't spend? Okey dokey
BTW, didn't Mark say he wouldn't sell to Tony even if he paid the price that Mark thinks it is worth now? I would have to reread the chat logs on that, but Tony did ask, when fishing for answers on CITES if he would be able to ship if he sent the extra money that day.

If we are gonna post the piddly stuff to try to outweigh the evidence, I think its fair to post the piddlies of the other side.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #148
pch101
"Is this a viable solution?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a very simple way this can be solved. If Mark is in the position to export the boa, he could ask for the balance and once it arrives send the snake. Yes, it would be a violation of the original agreement, and no he shouldn’t be doing that, but by doing so Mark would:

1 Clear all suspicions that he is doing this to make more money out of the boa. At this point even if he returns every dime, everyone that has followed this deal will be waiting to see for how much this snake will finally be sold.

2He will not run any risk by sending the snake once it is completely paid for.

So the more pressing questions are:

a. Would Mark still agree to sell the boa if it is paid in full before shipping?

b. Would Tony agree to send the balance (going against the previous agreement) after what has happened in this past year?

c. Would any of the people in here feel comfortable sending more money (doubling it to be exact) to a person that hasn’t fulfilled his obligations for over a year?

As someone said, neither one is coming clean out of this one. But in my opinion at this point there’s seems to be more of a stain in Mark’s clothing.

Regards."

Would you be willing to send more money to a person that made a deal with you and then tried to change it after accepting a down payment, and then told you lie after lie for the next year while never sending you the snake or the money as promised?

Sure, send this supreme example of honesty a couple thousand more dollars. I am sure this whole mess before was just a fluke...

Honestly, I think it would accomplish nothing.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:29 PM   #149
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_TLK
Anyone want to man up and broker the shipment of the snake that TONY REALLY WANTS AND HAS MONEY FOR? Im sure if tuesday when Tony has his money from the refund, if hes willing to add the difference he agreed to on the value of the snake, that Mark would still sell it to him for that UP FRONT.
Mickey, no one is arguing that Tony is an easy guy to get along with. I said earlier in this thread that I wouldn't want to do business with him. So I wouldn't take that deal. But your friend Mark agreed to deal with him and did not follow through. And then he did not issue a prompt refund. Really those are the only relevant facts. All the rest is just some much fat to be trimmed from the proverbial bone.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #150
DaveyFig
I have partners in KS that could probably do the leg work if the CITES paper workwere in order, like accepting the money,hand delivering the cash, picking up the snake, and shipping it, or at least going with Mark to the airport to make sure it is shipped.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!