Bad Guy Maelstrom reptile ranch BEWARE - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #181
Otter_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im faster View Post
If its an expensive morph how much is it worth?
How much should i have paid him FOR A GECKO WITH UNKNOWN GENETICS AND THAT WAS UNHEALTHY!!!!!!!!!

I am STILL test breeding to find out its genetics. and will be for atleast another year or 2
You have a good idea of the value of the animal and it would seem your "gamble" was very minimal at worst. Very transparent, you got a great deal and you know it.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #182
Serenescales
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymgirlx View Post
Not sure why my quote was dragged on in this. As a former reptile rescuer, I'm not for breeding ANY animal that has unknown genetics or possible health problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
I can't speak for the poster, but I find it funny that you, Rachel, recommended that people don't breed rescue geckos yet that is exactly what Dennis, whom you came to provide credence for, seems to be doing.
Exactly my point in posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Someone who rescues and re-homes animals is dealing with rescued animals.
Whatever the price, Dennis didn't "rescue" anything he purchased.
I called it a "rescue" because its coming from a rescue, thus its a "rescued" animal. If someone goes to say a greyhound rescue and they rehome a dog from this shelter then this is a "rescued" greyhound, correct? Despite the dog being a purebred, and being in a new home, it is still termed a "rescue" greyhound.

Quote:
Hmm, that is every single animal the pioneers of breeding every single reptile or any other animal has done. Might have unknown heath issues? That is every single animal out there. Every single new line or morph.
Quote:
How much should i have paid him FOR A GECKO WITH UNKNOWN GENETICS AND THAT WAS UNHEALTHY!!!!!!!!!
I was using Dennis' post against himself, he calls it a gecko w/ unknown genetics that was previously "unhealthy".
So, since every animal has unknown genetics, what should he have paid?

Quote:
I do think it is best to define yourself in this hobby, business or animal welfare (rescue) work. Blurring the lines between being a rescuer, supplier and/or breeder is asking for trouble. I find a lot of so called "rescues" to be fraudulent. Just a means to acquire animals cheaply or for free to profit off.

My opinion is if your going to be a rescue be one, if you are in business to make a profit then be honest.
This I agree with, to a degree. Some in the hobby can do both very well, breeding as well as rehoming "pet quality" animals. I think you need to draw the line between the two and keep the lines clear to avoid mixing your rescues from your animals for sale.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #183
Malestrom
Final Action

A PayPal refund of $120.- was made at 1200 A.M. on May 5th 2003
The screen shot

Old 05-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #184
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malestrom View Post
A PayPal refund of $120.- was made at 1200 A.M. on May 5th 2003
The screen shot
Good on you for keeping your word. You were definitely not the bad guy here.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #185
KORBIN5895
Solid Michael. I must say that even though this person hasn't provided any proof and has been caught in several lies you still stepped up and showed us you are a man of your word. Thanks and have a great night.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #186
bekers71
Thanks for posting the screenshot of the payment, Michael.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #187
Malestrom
Thank you all for seeing it to the end, seems the voices have left my head now......

Old 05-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #188
TucsonRES
Thank you Mike for proving that you are a man of your word and have shown great integrity, even though it probably feels like you swallowed a bitter pill. You went above what a lot of people would have and endured a lot of guff from some when the OP clearly failed to prove her case with any supporting documentation even when asked to several times by various members of this thread. Way to go!!

Old 11-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #189
gracie
Exclamation

Although I can't say anything for this transaction between Micheal Nino and a buyer Id like to invite everyone who defended this guy to have a look at my more recent post on him. It can be found here

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=442770

Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!