Bad Guy Lisha Stearns aka aboaslife is a liar and a thief. - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #181
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl333 View Post
Sorry Kevin but it seems strange to me that all the sudden this snake died? And you have not mentioned it when pictures were asked for several times. With everything going on I would have had the necropsy done to cover my a** to prove it was not my fault that it died. You should still take a picture to prove it is the same snake. Also I am not sure where I saw a post about the bloody salmon slugging out the year before it was sent to you.
With all the fecal matter flying, I could see him withholding that info from everyone excluding Lisha. Kevin, was Lisha notified of the animal's death within a reasonable time frame of him passing?

I think Lisha should put a lock down on her collection for the next 90 days, just to make sure there is nothing spreading through.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #182
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
Health concern no. 1

================================================== ==============================
To : KORBIN5895
Date : 2013-08-13 21:49
Title : Re: updates
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 2 paraglows died i have sharp albino female and i think 2 paradigm and a 6 hypo parahets 3 aren't feeding and are getting very skinny 1 paradigm regurged idk what's going on mama died dad is paired up w a sharp albino right now I'm having horrible luck only got 2 litters outta 7 pairings

================================================== ==============================
Quote:
Health Concern No. 2

Date : 2013-10-07 11:09
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's acting very lethargic she regurged 2x and 1 was a pink mouse i have the het blood female I'll get pics of her and a mot male from jungle mot litter a blood male and I'll see what else i have what cash price did you want for that ghost if i dnt have anything you want

Quote:
Health Concern No. 3

Date : 2014-03-04 05:21
I still have 12 blood male the blood babies from last season all died lost a lot of snakes this past year not sure why a couple at that. I dnt have much of anything left i have a sunglow female very nice in but she has a slight nose rub was waiting till it goes away before offering her up i also have some normals het sharp but nothing more really the 12 blood male is all i have left of bloods

FaunaClassifieds;http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums
Private Message Dump for User KORBIN5895; 03-25-2014 11:15 AM -->

################################################## ##############################
Quote:
Health Concern No. 4 - See Post 78: "Snake sold to friend - died two months later".

Seems like a lot of health drama in one collection............

Let's recap this in one post.

1. Two paraglows died
2. Three aren't feeding and getting skinny.
3. One paradigm died.
4. The mother of the litter died.
5. Another acted lethargic and regurged.
6. An unknown number of blood babies from last season died.
7. Lost a lot of snakes last year - doesn't know the reason.
8. Snake sold to a friend - died two months later.

So, that a confirmed body count of 5 dead snakes, 3 that were not feeding and were getting anorexic, and another one that regurged.

Plus unnumbered blood babies PLUS the vague statement that a lot of snakes were lost last year.

Now Kevin claims his snake died.

If the implication is that Kevin's claim is suspicious, I'd say it seems to be par for the course for an animal from her collection. Unless Lisha misspoke horribly, I'd say the only thing suspicious is the amount of death and sickness surrounding her collection.

Yes, Kevin probably should have necropsied this snake. However,how about calls for Lisha to explain the pathogen that led to the losses SHE described. Remember, the above are direct quotes from her posts.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #183
KORBIN5895
Actually I never said anything about the snake passing as everyone on fb thinks that it would absolve Lisha of responsibility of correcting the situation. The same went for the fb crowd assuming that if I sold it I was out of luck.

I play with my cards close to my chest here as I am the one losing out in all of this so far. Yes I have a picture of the snake being dead. Yes I can provide that but what is your point Carly? Why would I need to get a necropsy done on this snake? That is completely irrelevant to it being missexed and her still not paying for that ghost.

When the snake died I never said anything to Lisha. What would be the point? Lisha has had my male ghost het albino for over 15 months and still hasn't paid for it. Besides I have had that snake for over 15 months. It was never bred nor did it leave my collection. I only have brought forward what I could prove.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #184
200xth
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
I am the one losing out in all of this so far.
This is indeed true and perplexing.

The party that received both her snakes in a timely fashion, in good condition while failing to uphold her end of any deal, is out here with her friends acting like she is the one that's been wronged.

It's one of the weirder things I've seen.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #185
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200xth View Post
This is indeed true and perplexing.

The party that received both her snakes in a timely fashion, in good condition while failing to uphold her end of any deal, is out here with her friends acting like she is the one that's been wronged.

It's one of the weirder things I've seen.
This still hasn't been resolved? Its been a while since I last looked at this thread, and honestly it doesn't look like the OP is any closer to finding a resolution. OP, I apologize for what has happened, and thank you for bringing it to the BOI to warn others. I shall now add another to the list...

Old 09-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #186
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
I think Lisha should put a lock down on her collection for the next 90 days, just to make sure there is nothing spreading through.
Quote:
If the implication is that Kevin's claim is suspicious, I'd say it seems to be par for the course for an animal from her collection. Unless Lisha misspoke horribly, I'd say the only thing suspicious is the amount of death and sickness surrounding her collection.

Yes, Kevin probably should have necropsied this snake. However,how about calls for Lisha to explain the pathogen that led to the losses SHE described. Remember, the above are direct quotes from her posts.
So in addition to the issues surrounding what Lisha owes Kevin, it sounds like there is a bigger issue at play.

There are a lot of unanswered questions here. Good husbandry practices would have Lisha getting her snakes to a vet and diagnosed. If you (Lisha) said you "lost a lot of snakes this past year not sure why" that indicates you may not have sought a vet; care to explain?
Have any of your ailing snakes been seen by a vet?
Have any been necropsied?
Are/were you still selling snakes while you were having other snakes die of some sort of pathogen?
What are you (Lisha) going to do to ensure that you are not spreading some sort of deadly pathogen?

Also, If I were you Kevin, I would lock down my collection for 90 days to be sure nothing spread from the bloody salmon to your other snakes.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #187
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
Actually I never said anything about the snake passing as everyone on fb thinks that it would absolve Lisha of responsibility of correcting the situation. The same went for the fb crowd assuming that if I sold it I was out of luck.

I play with my cards close to my chest here as I am the one losing out in all of this so far. Yes I have a picture of the snake being dead. Yes I can provide that but what is your point Carly? Why would I need to get a necropsy done on this snake? That is completely irrelevant to it being missexed and her still not paying for that ghost.

When the snake died I never said anything to Lisha. What would be the point? Lisha has had my male ghost het albino for over 15 months and still hasn't paid for it. Besides I have had that snake for over 15 months. It was never bred nor did it leave my collection. I only have brought forward what I could prove.
How do you know it would "absolve" her? I agree her "friends" have acted more than inappropriate, but if you had gotten a necropsy that revealed an internal issue that produced the observed symptoms, that combined with her statements on how she has lost quite a few animals lately would be pretty hard to overlook even by the biggest fan boy.

Kevin, you have certainly been wronged here, but whether you like it or not, I believe it's time to cut your losses and ask for cash. It is too risky to bring that animal back into your collection, as for the bloody salmon, she asked for a picture to prove it was still in your possession and of the sex you claimed, dead or a live, he is indeed still in your possession...I am not sure how to sex a dead snake though, with rigor mortis I would think it very difficult with pop and probing...may be wrong though. You are owed for both, if not by the sex, then by the death and added risk to your collection.

I agree, you should also quarantine your collection for the next while.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #188
Caryl333
Locking down Kevin's collection for 90 days makes no sense. He has had the bloody salmon for over a year.

Kevin I sorry if what I am saying is coming off wrong. I agree with you that Lisha owes you for the snake or needs to return it to you. That is one thing I am not arguing.

The reason I said should have had the necropsy is for you to know why it died.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #189
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
So in addition to the issues surrounding what Lisha owes Kevin, it sounds like there is a bigger issue at play..
Agreed, especially since she still has adds up.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1411601622720.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  54.7 KB

Old 09-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #190
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
Kevin, you have certainly been wronged here, but whether you like it or not, I believe it's time to cut your losses and ask for cash. It is too risky to bring that animal back into your collection... You are owed for both, if not by the sex, then by the death and added risk to your collection.

I agree, you should also quarantine your collection for the next while.

I hope you are able to recoup some of your losses and most of all, I hope your collection is pathogen free.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!