Fave food - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:24 PM   #11
jenn_jeffery
Sorry guys, Mayfield Ice Cream beats any and all of those hands down!!! French Vanilla is the preferred flavor for me...

Old 01-19-2005, 06:08 PM   #12
DAND
Okay Lucille, I know the subjects for your next 2 polls: Best Ice cream and favorite flavor.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:33 PM   #13
Lucille
Great idea, but perhaps we can just talk ice cream on this thread: many excellent ice creams are regional so I would not know the names to put on the poll.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:44 PM   #14
SPZOOLOGICAL
In the ice cream poll

Chocolate Mousse
Chocololate Fudge Brownie
Peanut Butter and Chocolate

Chocolate is definitely a weakness. Have to have it everyday! Baskin Robbins rules!

Godiva chocolates are also high on the list. They have that corner of the market down to a science and art.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #15
Lucille
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Godiva chocolate, better than....well, almost....

Old 01-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #16
Brownie55
Lucille, If you are ever in town, I promise you a trip to Chocolate! Chocolate! You won't be disappointed.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:21 PM   #17
BallPyFan
My favorite chocolate has always been Hershey's Special Dark (semi-sweet one). Growing up, my dad and I would try to beat each other to the bag of assorted miniatures and take out the special darks. Now, my son tries to do the same thing LOL I should have never let the boy try them...he was SUPPOSED to not like them!

Old 01-21-2005, 12:41 PM   #18
sirenofthestorm
A girl after my own heart... dark chocolate is the best kind! I like making double chocolate cookies with crushed special dark bars too, from scratch of course can eat more cookie dough that way.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:34 PM   #19
Brownie55
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Jeff:
I am hoping to go to Dayton this year. If you go too, I will bring a pint of Blue Bell on the plane and you can decide. My Dad always said to get the facts first, so no sense debating until you try the Blue Bell.
I think Haagen Daz chocolate is pretty good too.
Well, I have been thinking about this a lot since you posted it. Your dad was right about getting the facts first in most cases. However, I don't think food favorites have anything to do with facts. After you offered Blue Belle, I got to thinking about what made Ben and Jerry's so special for me, so I am going to bore you with a story.

About a hundred years ago, give or take, I was a divorced man raising up three kids on my own. I met a fabulous woman, one brave enough to help me with the task of raising the little ones. She was brave, braver than I have ever been, in my opinion, and yes, i served in the military, so I have a clue about what it takes to be brave.

Anyway, we drove up to meet her family. They live in Vermont. We went up over a 4th of July weekend and spent about 17 hours in the car. Three kids under 7, she and I. We spent the day in bumper to bumper traffic the whole way and when we finally arrived her dad amazed me. We pulled in and met all around. The kids were numb from the road, as was I. Her dad said, "Let's do something special." and loaded us into his Benz, me and the kids and off we went.

Hell, it was my first ride in a Benz, and the kids were sniffing the leather seats like dogs. It would have been embarassing if I had not been so exhausted. We went to a Ben and Jerry's and he bought them all sundaes. All of a sudden, all of us were a part of the family. I cry to think about how they accepted us, strangers, and frankly, not folks that would further their daughter's chances in the world.

So, it's not about just taste, but the memories that we associate with any of the foods we call our favorites. By the way, after a year of separation, that fine brave lady and I are back together. Looking good so far.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:36 PM   #20
bygmike
i love apples cant get enough

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!