Info Josh at Outback reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
Pythonbreeder99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
If you have something other than opinion to offer please post it. Otherwise, leave the conversation to people that have dealt with Josh.
He can post opinions.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
Josh@Outbackreps
I am not going to drag any names into this as when we were told it looked to be a male it was casual conversation asking a fellow breeder/friend their opinion and based on the size of the animal and color we were both leaning toward the fact that it could be a male, but being that we do not specialize in frogs stated clearly that we did not guarantee the sex.
That said if the animal was a definite female I would have bought her myself as we have a 7 year old pixi that we are fairly sure is a male, based on his size. On the matter of the dwarf pixi frogs we do not really even bother with them as all they do is create a potential issue for buyers wanting a giant and seeing a dwarf price tag.

I hope this clears the air for you, and feel free to give me a call to talk if you have any other questions or concerns on this issue.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #13
Herpguy11
I have seen the ad and can say with 100% certainty THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL that is a male. Any attempt to sell it as otherwise, or even as unsexed, is being completely ignorant and trying to rip somebody off. Anyway with the ability to use this new invention called google images could figure this out in 20 seconds.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
DeeDub
Thanks Josh I'll do that. Sounds like you are a stand up guy.
I'm satisfied with that. FYI, size and color alone are not good indicators for future reference. Females get the red/orange under the arms. When color is a consideration, it is in regard to yellow on the underside of the belly and jaw.

These animals are difficult to sex when very young, but by a few months (and if they are well cared for) and or 4-5 inches it should be clear.

Dustin Waite

Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Josh@Outbackreps
I appreciate the info, and will keep that in mind for the future as well.

Please shoot me an email if you do not mind as now I an interested in double checking the pixi I have, and would like you opinion on it as we have always thought male based on size, but never looked into as its just a pet.

On a side note, Thank you all for your feedback, and C.Raye please check your private messages as I had a few questions for you in regards to your post.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
Herpguy11
You handled this great Josh. I was pissed when I saw the ad, now I see you really did not know.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #17
parrotlady
I have had multiple transactions with Josh in 2011 and 2012, all dealings have been smooth, with no problems. Josh answered all of my questions, and returned all phone calls. I have no reservations in recommending him. I am looking forward to purchasing again from him in the near future.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #18
DeeDub
Having read a few of these BOI threads, I'm glad we got it resolved before it got side tracked by people's egos. Mistakes happen. I am just sick of others truly deceiving people not only in regard to selling these frogs, but the overall lack of knowledge, and misinformation in regard to the Giant African Bullfrog (Pyxicephalus Adspersus aka pyxie frog) in general. The commonly propagated husbandry for them is wrong on almost every level.

Dustin Waite

Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #19
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
Having read a few of these BOI threads, I'm glad we got it resolved before it got side tracked by people's egos. Mistakes happen. I am just sick of others truly deceiving people not only in regard to selling these frogs, but the overall lack of knowledge, and misinformation in regard to the Giant African Bullfrog (Pyxicephalus Adspersus aka pyxie frog) in general. The commonly propagated husbandry for them is wrong on almost every level.

Dustin Waite

I was just curious if Sam Snow was your 'stage name?' Or, if DW is? UU T EFF!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #20
TheFragginDragon
So which name is correct DeeDub, Samuel Snow, or Dustin Waite?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!