Beware adds from the One stop Pet shop! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2004, 09:24 PM   #11
LOSTNCONFUSED
WELLlet me share my experiences

although i cant comment on the above dealing i can relay my own good experiences with johnathanI compleated a deal with johnathan last week and i couldnt be happier . i had made a request for info but couldnt get any info one way or another so i called him and after speaking with him on the phone for a hour i felt comfortable doing the deal seeing as it wasnt for alot of money ($254) this is what he told me that he had main land honduran fire bellies i know that the only true fire bellies are the rotans and the bahia islands but i have also heard the main lands refferd to as such in petstores which is exactly what onestop is he never tried to decieve me so i went ahead and paypaled him the money and asked if i could have them shipped the same day he said he would try seeing as it was already late in the day well about 1 hour later he calls me and gives me a tracking number for my 2 snakes they arrived the next morning and when i opend the box i was amazed at the quality for the price they were stunning 1 very nippy but amazing adult mainland honduran female and a amazing adult female nicaruaguan boa in shed the deal went smoth the animals are top notch i look foward to doing business with johnathan again and will recomend him to all who ask me it is verywell possible that he did sell the above stated animal to someone like myself who decided to take a chance i really dont know i can only comment on my deal with him here are the pics of the honduran i received from him oh and the nose rub in the first pic was done in my care from her stricking the glass of her cage in case you were wondering and isnt as bad as it looks

Old 11-23-2004, 11:05 PM   #12
DavidButton
Well things have toned down a bit now and I recieved this from Jonathan>

I will take actual photo of him tomarrow. I will send it in a attachment. The program is photo suit. Jonathan

Immediatly followed by this>

If seriously interested I will send you this male COD. You must have trust in that.

$99.00 for the snake and $39.00 shipping plus $7.50 cod charge Total. $145.73

And I replied with this>>

That sounds fine. Let me look at the picture and I will send you back an e-mail and let you know I an ready for shipment. $145.73 sounds fine. I will await your pics.

Thomas

SO now I will wait for him to send me an actual photo of the snake and if it is what he says it is then I will gladly accept it COD and gladly pay the $145.73 for it.

David

Old 11-24-2004, 01:07 AM   #13
reptilebreeder
The OP shows where they sent him a picture of an animal that was clearly not their's. One day he is telling someone that he doesn't have any photos, he then turns around and sends the exact same photo to someone else (well, the same person, but he thought it was someone else) and states that it is a picture of the animal he is selling. This is outright fraud, and missrepresentation (ie. he can't use the old "I accidently posted the wrong photo" excuse that these people always use, because the photo was just sent to him.)

LostnConfused, you got some nice animals for the price, but I myself still wouldn't "recommend him to all who ask" If I ordered from someone and got a great deal, but I saw that they were doing something that seemed unethical, there is no way I would recommend them to my friends or anyone who asked. But, maybe that's just me, I may be too paranoid, because some of the first things about some of the biggest crooks in the field (Lawson) were that they were found to be using stolen, and/or retouched photos to missrepresent their animals.

JMHO

Old 11-24-2004, 09:15 AM   #14
LOSTNCONFUSED
well

i would recomend him because and just because of my dealings with him. unlike most on this board i dont try, convict, and hang a person without hearing his side of the story. now im not saying anything about david, but i dont know him and have never done business with david ,so i cant attest to everything he is saying as the truth. therefore as of now i can only go by my past dealing with johnathan which i judge to have been more than satisfactory. let me ask this question: has anyone even contacted johnnathon to get his side of the story? why dosent someone go ahead and to that before we formulate a opinion and attempt to hurt a mans business and livelyhood!

Old 11-24-2004, 10:50 AM   #15
reptilebreeder
Re: well

Quote:
Originally posted by LOSTNCONFUSED
i would recomend him because and just because of my dealings with him. unlike most on this board i dont try, convict, and hang a person without hearing his side of the story.
Fair enough. Like I said maybe I'm just too paranoid from several years ago when altered photos were the first hook in the side of some of the biggest thieves in the herp hobby.

My standards must be to high, because even the OP who had this "alleged" fraudulent/missrepresented occurance, still is willing to buy from the person, so who am I to say.

Old 11-24-2004, 08:22 PM   #16
jmkhet
Hey David B, id be interested in seeing this 99 dollar firebelly...should post pics when you get em...if you dont mind that is....Josh McDermott

Old 11-24-2004, 08:25 PM   #17
LOSTNCONFUSED
i already did post pictures of one that i received from

johnathan and already explained that they were mainland hondurans( that are also refferd to as firebellies by non boa enthusist ie petshops and importers and such) not the island form

Old 11-24-2004, 10:19 PM   #18
gfisher2002
Hey COD, who can argue with that. Not much risk involved.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #19
Linda Demadura
So David, what happened?? Did Jonathan ever send a picture of the actual boa? Did he send it to you COD?? What did the boa look like??

Old 11-30-2004, 04:36 PM   #20
DavidButton
Nothing ever happened. He sent me an e-mail this past Friday the 26th stating>

I will be in Atlanta this afternoon. When I return to the shop I will get photos. Thanks Jonathan

And so far I have not heard anything. I sent this yesterday the 29th>

Just thought I would check and see if you had been to your shop yet.

Thomas

And have gotten no reply thus far. So that is all I know right now. I have noticed that he doesn't have any adds up on Kingsnake at this time so maybe he is busy or something

David

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!