Micheal Williams-daman1255@yahoo.com (GOOD GUY) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #21
HerpLuver
I wonder if the imports he's trying to get from Ben are one's he's going to try and pawn off on me as a replacement? I hope not cause i dont want it unless its eating and ALIVE!! LoL Well let's see what happens with Ben and Wil's attempts at contacting him.

Thanks for your help guys.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #22
Wilomn
It's not that you did anything wrong Chris, you just get to lear the hard way that trust is NOT the first thing on everyone's mind.

I suspect that once this heats up for him he'll take care of you. It sounded sort of like he wanted to anyway.

Let's hope so.

I don't really want this to be a 110 page million post deal just to have him take care of you in the end.

Mike, pay up.

Old 09-09-2005, 03:03 AM   #23
StickyTongues
Chris,

Have you been able to get a hold of Mike yet? Clyde McPherson and I have been trying to reach him via email, phone, and through his father with no luck at all. All we know about Mike is that he is back in school. The number I have for Mike is 401-523-2736 which is a RI number.

I've been trying to get a hold of Mike for the past few weeks about a deal he’s never completed. About 3 months ago I purchased what was supposed to be an adult female pastel poss het snow. Well she turned out to be a he. So I gave Mike 30 days to find something I would be interested in to trade or give me my money back.

Mike calls me up about 4 weeks ago saying he has an adult stripe line albino male for sale. I agreed to pay him the difference between the pastel and the albino and sent him the money right away. What Mike failed to tell me was that he did not have the albino in hand. He was in fact trying to complete another deal with Clyde McPherson to get that albino.

Clyde told me Mike was supposed to send him various ball pythons including a female pastel for the albino. Well it turned out Mike sent him a pretty normal female trying to pass it as a pastel. (Mike had tried to sell me this wc possible pastel earlier but I declined.) So now Mike owed Clyde either a pastel female or some money.

So after I sent Mike the money Mike turns around and sends Clyde most of it and now still owes Clyde $200 dollars. After I confronted Mike about this over the phone he finally confessed that Clyde still had the boa and that he would settle up with Clyde so that Clyde can send the boa directly to me.

About 2 weeks went by and no money was ever sent to Clyde. Clyde and I have tried repeatedly to call, page, email, etc to try to reach him. Clyde finally spoke to Mike father and Mike’s dad told him that he would talk to Mike and make him pay Clyde. Still nothing happened.

Another interesting thing we found out was the relationship between Mike Williams and Dana Shields. I questioned Mike earlier about how Mike was related to Dana Shields, who I had to send money to twice because Mike's paypal account was not working. Mike told me three different things. Once he told me that Dana was a customer of his and then that Dana was a partner and then that Dana was his girlfriend, which he later denied ever saying.

I remembered speaking to someone who identified himself as being Dana Shields months ago about a DH snow he had. I even inquired about Dana on the BOI and Mike replied backing saying he was a good customer of his.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=dana+shields

Well Clyde finds out from Mike’s dad that Dana Shields was actually Mike’s girlfriend. I guess someone forgot he had a girl.

Lucky for me Clyde was kind enough to send me the albino anyway even though he is now out of $200 dollars. My experience with Mike is that he is dishonest and is trying to sell animals he doesn’t even have yet. I believe in giving people second chances but this was his second chance and he blew it.

If Clyde had not sent me the albino I would have had to pay Mike a nice visit. I hope Mike does good and pay Chris and Clyde back but I would definitely be cautious before dealing with this guy.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:38 AM   #24
HerpLuver
I have quite a strong feeling that im out the cash i paid for a LIVE female... No idea what to do now, BUT dont think im done!!

I havent been able to speak to Mike for weeks now. I have called and spoken to his father but have gotten the "He's at school now" also. Since i only received HALF of what i paid for, i wonder how his local authorities would like to hear about this.... I'll be calling to find out.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:54 AM   #25
Monster Cages
Quesonable at best

Well I bought an albino het for anery boa from him and have been waiting for 3 months + for the papers on him. He was calling me every other day for awhile and then stopped. I traded $4000 worth of animals for this male boa and then don't even get the paperwork on him. The wierd thing is that he sent me some animals on breeder loan to breed to my animals up here also when he sent albino het anery male.

Monster Cages
Matthew

Old 09-09-2005, 07:41 AM   #26
gmherps
Mike used to be in constant contact with me. He seldomly calls, and usually our conversations are short and pleasant. The only reason Mike and I have never done business is that he doesn't have what I want at the time.

Mike always came across as a very nice and intelligent person, but the jumping back and forth between OK and RI always concerned me a little.

From what I know Mike is (was) a very accomplished basketball player and all american one at that.

Maybe Mike got caught up with some people that are "less than reputable" in this business. I really hope that Mike comes here to post his side of these stories.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #27
Monster Cages
Yeah Mike has never done me wrong so far and have done some business with him before this that is why it was easy to do this last deal with him but then when i was asking him for the papers on this male got a couple excuses early on and then nothing when i started to push the issue and that is what worries me being i wouldn't have traded $4000 worth of animals for a $2000 albino male instead. Just doesn't make any sense.

Monster Cages
Matthew Martin

Old 09-09-2005, 09:21 AM   #28
bcherps
Hello All,

Still no word from Mike on my end, but a common trend is occuring- possible misrepresentation of animals. This has sparked my desire to explain on of my earlier comments that Mike and I had some less than spectacular dealings.

First he respoded to a kingsnake ad inquiring about 7 feeding 1000 gram import females that I had gotten from Top Shelf Exotics and wormed, brumated and got initally acclimated. I ended up sending him 12 animals in all, the 7 in the ad, and 5 more than had just taken thier second meal the day after I put up the ad. When he got them he hammered me becuase 5 weren't a 1000grams. So I explained that the 7 in the ad where 1000g and the other 5 weren't. We came to the agreement that he had thought if I was sending them they were 1000g. So I took pity, and had a good profit margin so I sent him back a partial refund. Well then like two days later he calls and complains that some are males!! So I start wondering what is happening. I initial was very apprehensive, but then realized that I had not sexed every single one of the animals myself when I got them in. I had gotten a couple extra from Top Shelf that I never sexed, and plus it had been a several months through brumation in which the animals moved racks 3 times due to rearrangement of my snake rooms, into and out of brumation and so on. So there was enough doubt in my head that I couldn't 100% be sure of my or his story. So I made a deal, I refunded half his money, told him to take what he didn't like to the next show he was going to and get what he felt was fair. Well after about a month he said he was not able to sell any of the unacceptable animals. Since I was into egg season and my dayjob was hetic I said guess what-merry christmas, just keep them and do whatever you want with them. I wasn't going to pay 70 bucks to have 5 imports send back to me that were supposedly not doing well and males. I cut my losses.

So about a month later he comes back and says he has some nice started ch 05 babies females as well. I happened to need some so I took the whole group. He said he had them feeding and they were all doing great and whatnot. When I got them they were packed and boxed in a box that was identical to what I used to get from Regal Reptile when I was in New England, plus it qas shipped using Shawn Faye/Regal Reptiles account and had thier return addy on it!!!!! So basically Mike had took my money, bought them from Shawn, and had Shawn drop ship them to me! Now don't get me wrong I like Shawn and Regal and have done and will do business with them. However these were supposed to be started and individually housed and on frozen etc etc etc. So if they came from Shawn how did Mike have all this story he was giving me on them???

Most of the balls I guess did fine as I have not had any complaints but I did have a few that took quite a bit of time getting going, and I had to worm a few. But I came to the conclusion I didn't get what I bargained for. Then I started to doubt his story about my stuff being males or as far under 1000g as he said they were. Since the dealing I have been cordial and talkative with him but have not entered into any deals since.

I believe that some of claims may be suspect.

thanks for reading all this
ben cole

Old 09-09-2005, 11:12 AM   #29
Monster Cages
Well Michael called me and said he was sending papers out today or today. We will see. Why would it take so long to send it out. He said he didn't have the time to resend after he sent it out and was sent back to him cause it was too heavy. That make sense? Why wait for 3 months? Now you have to wonder about the papers and legit or not.

Monster Cages
Matthew Martin

Old 09-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #30
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpLuver
Well i received the females today. 1 of them was DOA. I wonder if any of this could have been the problem
The heat pack was on the lid and was not that warm when the package arrived.
They were together in a fairly thick fabric pillowcase.
Now they were in a styrofoam box, inside of another box which i know to be the proper method, but like i said the heat pack was not that warm when it got here and the pillowcase was really thick so i dont know if they were able to breathe that well. Plus they were cold when they arrived.
I'm surprised anyone would use a heatpack in July to ship from RI to MD, especially considering the Heat wave we were experiencing earlier this summer in the North East........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!