Elisa Cox, Mike Cox, Mike Williams, Michael Williams - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
brannonmay
Elisa Cox, Mike Cox, Mike Williams, Michael Williams

Hello all. This is a shame on me report.

I am in the market for a Double Het for snow female and came across an ad for one right here in these forums. The ad was posted under a person named ecox310@yahoo.com. This person clammed that his mane was Mike Cox and he had an animal that fit the description of what I wanted. He and I discussed the terms of the deal, exchanged photos of certain animals and so on. I asked for references and he provided a couple. I was only able to reach one these references and all he could tell me is that he had not had any bad deals with anyone for the past couple of years while purchasing or buying, but could not specifically remember any "Mike Cox" out of Corpus Christi, TX. After some time I made the mistake just going ahead and purchasing the animal anyway. I have been doing this for almost 20 years and not once had I ever had a bad deal.

Mike and I discused how to get the animal to me, I live in Louisiana and him being in Texas, it was okay to send him by FedEx but we both agreed that Delta is better for the animal.

So I sent the money FedEx over night too the address he supplied. I sent it on a Monday

"ok every thing looks good. here is my information.
Mike Cox & Elisa Cox
1601 Airline rd. Appt. 19
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
361-980-3850"

The above was copied straight out of the email he sent me, note that he is claiming to be "Mike Cox". During this time he and I communicated regularly, both by phone and email at all times of the day. He missed the delivery on the Tuesday and we continued to communicate. I even spoke to his "Wife" Elisa whom would occasionally answer the phone during all this. When she answered I would ask, "Is Mike Cox in?" She would give me an appropriate answer.

The next day (Wed) I called to see if he collected the check and he informed me that he was just walking up to his apartment and there was a FedEx message on the door and said he was going to pick up the package. That was the last time I spoke with him until Friday.

I tried to contact him all day Thursday but got nothing, by evening time I became a little nervous and began to wonder what was going on. I sent him several emails and by Friday morning I had no replies or calls from him and I began doing some research.

There is no info on the boards on a "Mike Cox" or an "Elisa Cox" at this time. So I began pounding the references that were supplies to me. I finally reached one by phone and he told me he had never done business with this guy. We talked for a while and a couple things I said tripped the memory of the person I was speaking with. He asked what the address to this guy was using and when he searched he found references to a Michael Williams, exact same address, same phone number, same "wife" name.

So I called the cops and headed to the bank to try and stop payment. I was too late to stop payment on the check, but the cops were there and explained to me what could be done.
Once I got home I looked up the name of Michael Williams in the forums and found plenty of info, good and bad. But there are some entries where he is asking OPENLY how to change the name on his user profile. That is a major warning sign in my book. If you would like to see these messages yourself look up bigdaddy in the forums.

After obtaining all this info I called the home # he provided and left a message explaining what I had done and found on the forums and that I had contacted the police. I hung up and not 30 seconds later my phone rang, It was Elisa. She told me the snake had already been shipped by FedEx from Rhode Island. RHODE ISLAND!!! The snake was supposed to be in Corpus!!! She also asked me "how did you find out that mikes last name was Williams?" That was a really strange question to ask me after she told me that she didn't know anything about Mike changing his name, not to mention that I had asked for "Mike Cox" when ever she answered the phone earlier in this ordeal.

Mike called me a couple hours later not happy with all this. I asked straight forward questions about his identity and why he lied to me about his name. He told me that he was going to marry Elisa and he was going to take her name. Okay.. fair enough.

Why wouldn't you answer my calls and emails? I was busy he said.

Why did you change your email and user name on fauna? No answer.

Why is the animal in Rhode Island and not Corpus? No answer.

Why is it that the check cleared you bank Weds and I have nothing? Because its in Rhode Island.

This is when he informed me that the snake hasn't been shipped yet, contrary to what Elisa told me earlier.

All the above was written about three weeks before this post, below is an update as of today :April 26,06

I still have not received the animal or the money. Mikes mother sent me "A" snake but the wrong one from Rhode Island. And now I see that they are trying to sell many other snakes as of yesterday, one of them is probably mine. In addition, they have disconnected their phones or have changed their #'s. The animals they are selling are posted under "ecox310@yahoo.com" and Elisa does not have these animals, Mike does, and they are located in Rhode Island with someone that knows nothing about snakes.

Below is one of his email "addresses" that I know of:
daman1255@yahoo.com

Below is another:
ecox310@yahoo.com (the "e" probably stands for Elisa)

Below is Michael Williams asking openly how to change his profile on Fauna:
Bigman101

Bigman101

Name : Michael Williams
Karma Power: 25Bigman101 is at reputation level 10 - 49
Trader Rating: (0)

Warning Level: 0

Adult Albino het snow male & Adult Albino poss het snow
i have two great looking snake that i have to part with.
1.0 adult Albino het snow= 4000
1.0 Adult albino 66% het snow= 3000

i have paper work on both animals both are eating med rats. both are about 5ft the albino het snow is proven
and the poss het snow has courted but did not breed yet. will let both of them go for 6500
if taken as a group. im open to the right trade. for question please email me at daman1255@yahoo.com

Also if some one know how to change he profile please email me on how to do so.
Bigman101 is offline Add to Bigman101's Karma Report Bad Post
User's Classifieds User's Gallery Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Hope this message helps some folks out there.

Brannon May
brannonmay@yahoo.com
337-257-7086

Old 04-26-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
brannonmay
UPDATE: On this situation

I just received a phone call from Elisa Cox. She says she has taken over their snake business and will be straightening out any discrepancies in this deal and that I will have the money back or the correct animal in my possession by this weekend.

I will keep you guys updated on the situation.

Thanks.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
Junkyard
Well, that is a good start, you finally have some contact from them.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:42 AM   #4
INSANE CANES
I hope everything works out for you Branon.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
Casey Hulse
Good luck with them. I smelled something funny when I read the ad, then when he said the paperwork was notarized I figured he was trying a little too hard to seem legit.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:58 AM   #6
KelliH
Here's the number I have for them:
361-737-1884.

The ad screamed "scam". I inquired about the "Het" Genetic Stripe Ball Python, but only to confirm my suspicions. I won't go in to the BS story I was fed by him, anyway, hope the phone number helps.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:32 AM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by brannonmay
I will have the money back or the correct animal in my possession by this weekend.
I'm just curious: after all these 'discrepancies', if you are dealing with a het, how can you be sure it's the real McCoy; the 'correct' animal? This does not sound like an inexpensive snake......

Old 04-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #8
snakebiteAZ1
Scammers!! Scammers!!

Seems to be alot of that going on lately.. They suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #9
KelliH
Quote:
I'm just curious: after all these 'discrepancies', if you are dealing with a het, how can you be sure it's the real McCoy; the 'correct' animal? This does not sound like an inexpensive snake......
Yeah, Lucille brought up an excellent point: why now would you even trust that the animal is what they say? I would say at this point demand a full refund of your money. Good luck.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:02 AM   #10
Casey Hulse
Quote:
I would say at this point demand a full refund of your money.
Definitely!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!