Bad Guy Victor Rivera at Reptiles Plus is Untrustworthy! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #21
mvite
If you ship via USPS Express--and the shipment is not guaranteed overnight---THEY MARK IT ON YOUR RECEIPT AND TELL YOU AS YOU ARE STANDING IN FRONT OF THEM--BEFORE THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY!!!

I have shipped HUNDREDS of packages of live coral through USPS Express and have had less than 5 problems with their service. Most times--if you are on the ball and there's a problem--you can have your postmaster call the delivery postmaster and get the package delivered.

But all that means nothing because it's ILLEGAL (ie:against the law) to ship snakes via the USPS. Victor's admissions here and paperwork here ought to be enough catch his Postmaster's attention. And maybe some new fines!!

Off topic: I think you can ship lizards and bugs through USPS.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #22
John E Dove
Ms. Hollander started a good thread on illegal shipping in the General Business Discussions forum
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=126940
I think I remember the max length of lizards shipped through USPS as being 18 – 20 inches.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #23
mvite
With this USPS blunder by Reptiles Plus---someone can finally stuff a cork in these bad business practices---just by reporting him to the Postal authorities!!!

Please please please please please please please please turn him in!!! HAHAHAHA!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #24
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilesplus View Post
we did not ship anything to you without a heat pack and proper package! also you did not read the terms on the website please read them again. Also the snakes are W.C but they were inspected by me and they did not have any mites on them. we did ship the package next day but because you live in a rural area they could not guarantee next day delivery! i did not know that until i spoke with them after the package was already delivered! that is why it was delayed. and if you read the terms we are not responsible for any shipping delays!
Hmmm... you're not responsible for the fact that you violated USPS regulations, which have the force of law, as well as the Lacey Act. If you're not responsible for your criminal acts Victor, then who is?

Old 02-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #25
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post
With this USPS blunder by Reptiles Plus---someone can finally stuff a cork in these bad business practices---just by reporting him to the Postal authorities!!!

Please please please please please please please please turn him in!!! HAHAHAHA!
The violation of the Lacey Act would be more serious. The most USPS could push for is a small fine and ~30 confinement if memory serves me correctly.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #26
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Harbart View Post
The violation of the Lacey Act would be more serious. The most USPS could push for is a small fine and ~30 confinement if memory serves me correctly.
That's even better!

Does anyone know how to begin the process of reporting someone about violation of the Lacey Act?

I think the USPS still should know about him---at least his local office--so he won't be allowed to kill any more animals through them.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #27
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post

I think the USPS still should know about him---at least his local office--so he won't be allowed to kill any more animals through them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugulator98 View Post
Hi. Thanks for the responses. I did file a report with the US Postal Inspectors on the day that I visited with my Postmaster. I did so at his request. My Postmaster also called the regional postal inspectors about this issue at the time and that was their best response. The US Postal Inspectors dont jump on every single incident. I was told that it takes several reports with them about the same individual before they can act with legal action. All they do at this point is accumulate data against this individual until they feel they have enough to act. If there are a few more people out there that have been ripped off by Victor and they filed reports, it might actually go somewhere. It is also my understanding the the Postal Inspectors will be in contact with Mr. Rivera's Post Office in Lehigh Acres to give them a heads up.
(Emphasis in quotes is mine)

He did report it to the post office. Hopefully something will come of it someday. And maybe someone knows how to enforce the Lacey Act and can tell us.

It never ceases to astonish me how little care someone can have for animals' welfare, as well as stealing hard-earned money from someone who was supposed to be a customer and trusted them enough to send money in the first place. It paints quite a despicable picture of a person's character.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #28
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
(Emphasis in quotes is mine)

He did report it to the post office. Hopefully something will come of it someday. And maybe someone knows how to enforce the Lacey Act and can tell us.

It never ceases to astonish me how little care someone can have for animals' welfare, as well as stealing hard-earned money from someone who was supposed to be a customer and trusted them enough to send money in the first place. It paints quite a despicable picture of a person's character.

D'OH!

Sometimes I get so excited about exposing a scumbag that I throw my reading comprehension skills out the window!!

Old 02-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #29
reptilesplus
Angry

its amazing how people with other business like to attack and jump on the band wagon when they see the opportunity like vultures. umm lets all the people on here talking trash tiki tiki reptiles, beachside reptiles, and especally amazing aquatics i know who you are mark and when ever you want to call me names why dont you pick up the phone and tell me to my face you coward! lie all the others on here what are you names like to hide behing screen names you guys have a probelm with me come settle it!

Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #30
mvite
Hey Vic- (since we're on a first name basis now...)

This has nothing to do with my hobby! LOL--I have zero snakes for sale.

This is about ripping off friends in the hobby---and I think it's disgusting.

Obviously, you must feed your family with the earnings from your shady dealings otherwise you wouldn't be so angry about a couple people noticing your illegal activity.

I don't know you personally--but anyone willing to break a law, (a Federal one at that), and also kill animals indiscriminantly, can usually be stereotyped as a scumbag.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
reptilesplus, victor rivera