Info Josh at Outback reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #31
Ryan Beatty
Forgive the double post, not sure what happened there.

I have hundreds that I have to convert to f/t, the vast majority of my hatchlings take f/t from the start.

Personally if the breeder will not get the animal or f/t or at least try them on f/t, they will not get my business and I know many other people feel the same way.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #32
P&A Pythons
So would you have felt better if he just bs you and said yes or no. He was honest with you did not have time. Who knows could have had someone buying it later as a live eater. As a buyer just move on to the next seller who has them feeding on f/t or buy it convert it yourself.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
FireStorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Beatty View Post

It is NOT the buyers responsibility to get an animal on f/t. The seller should take the extra time to get the animals on f/t. I do the same every year with hundreds of snakes.
I disagree. That's like saying no one should sell animals til they're switched to rats (mice, ASFs, etc). As long as the seller is honest about what the animal eats, the seller should be able to feed whatever prey they feel is appropriate (F/T, live, P/K, rats, mice, whatever). Some people only feed live, and that is up to the individual.

I don't see any harm in a buyer asking if an animal can be switched, but I also think it's a bit harsh to label a seller as a bad guy if they say no. Heck, I'd probably say no, just because I almost never have F/T rodents on hand.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #34
Josh@Outbackreps
On the issue of f/t with the rosy boas..

We have a very large group of animals at our ware house (over 1500+ snakes, not counting baby colubrids)where are retail side is operated from. Our breeding facility has another 2500+ animals there. Due the amount of animals we have feeding live is the only option.
The time it would take to have an employee take f/t out to thaw, then go threw and offer every animal f/t it would cost us double what it cost to feed live. Figure in animals that do not eat/refuses f/t that the rodent then gets thrown away, and you are looking at loosing a very large amount of money every week.

Singling out two snakes to offer feeding f/t is not the issue here, the issue is more of not only pulling the animals off the market for a "potential" sale, but also the animal taking f/t then switching off it from being stressed due to shipping etc. One feeding does not guarantee a f/t feeder so you stand the chance of the buyer getting a animal that wants live, only now you have sold a animal as a f/t feeder and look like the bad guy.

If you buy animals that are f/t feeders we will offer f/t if we have it around, but other than that live is the way to go for us.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #35
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Forgive the double post, not sure what happened there.

I have hundreds that I have to convert to f/t, the vast majority of my hatchlings take f/t from the start.

Personally if the breeder will not get the animal or f/t or at least try them on f/t, they will not get my business and I know many other people feel the same way.
Doubtful on that request right there. Ive never switched a snake to frozen ever. And for you to request such a thing be done is ludicrous. Most with larger operations breed rodents or buy them on weekly basis. The time i takes to feed 1000 animals live your frozen would STILL be thawing!

You best step back and reassess this not buying from someone if they wont switch to frozen. Some never switch some do why majority dont feed f/t to yearlings that are listed for sale.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #36
Focal
Quote:
Sorry, but that seems like you are making a big deal out of nothing then. If you are that capable, I think you would have been better off ensuring this yourself.

If I don't want to play by the sellers rules, I move on. I don't see a reason to get upset by someones choice of selling.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #37
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
I don't see any harm in a buyer asking if an animal can be switched, but I also think it's a bit harsh to label a seller as a bad guy if they say no. Heck, I'd probably say no, just because I almost never have F/T rodents on hand.
You are right. This situation does not make Josh a Bad Guy.
However, I haven't seen where Josh was labeled a Bad Guy over this issue.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #38
Ryan Beatty
Thank you. I never said he was a bad guy, just that he wouldn't get my business. If I wanted to start a bad guy thread on him I would have. I'm pretty sure I have all the saved e-mails but I takes a lot for me to post a bad guy thread on someone. Last I checked this was an info thread.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #39
DeeDub
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
So which name is correct DeeDub, Samuel Snow, or Dustin Waite?
LOL....yep.......Awkward!!!

Dustin Waite, hence the SN DeeDub/DW. I sent the moderator a request to fix my registered name when I posted. He still hasnt fixed it. It wouldn't let me fix it, that's why I put it in the post.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #40
snakegirl123427
From my two experiences with outback I really do like them. My first was in 2008 I purchased a wild caught gravid female ball python. She arrived home healthy and layed her clutch less than a week later. Unfortunately I was never able to get her to eat for me. But that was my problem. Yesterday I received the male proven super black pastel they have advertised. He is beautiful. He is currently digesting his last meal but other than that a perfect snake. He is clearly the snake pictured in the add. I prefer to feed f/t but agree that they should not be asked to try feeding f/t given the size of the facility. So I will try f/t after I get him established here at home and hope he's an aggressive feeder. If not given the quality of the animal I will be feeding him live I guess. I have only about 5 live feeders from a pretty large collection of ball pythons which is pretty lucky with the species.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!