Jamie Kaps - Guarantees, Signature Releases, & The War on Terror. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #41
Justin Mitcham
That how you ship Chris...
Styro is too thin for the weather...what is that 1/2in
NO airholes, heat packs burn lots of oxygen
Not enough packing material
heat pack is loose in the box..not tied down to avoid falling on the animal and cooking them
Chondros need branches a dowl rod something to hold onto, I typicall put one through the cups...
No wonder they arrived dead...

Old 11-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #42
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham
let me get this straight, you failed to pack properly the animals arrived dead, 2 hours later they contacted you and since they didn't do the waiver thing you said tough your loss not mine...your out 500 smackers...the reasonable doubt here I think lies with you..your shipping practices. Personally I think your just looking for a way out to not pay him back and found it, lucky you. So what if they got aggrevated by you, there just as human as you are.They made a mistake, I really doubt it would of had any relavence to the outcome, like most people who spend that kinda cash they were probably at the door before the driver was even off the truck. Seems your terms are written to get you out of any circumstances...Did you know if I ship a package and it arrives 3 days late I will still honor my live,healthy,happy arrival guanrentee. I pack for the worse and don't use "weasle clauses", I am use to exporting so I pack the animals to survive multiple days without care in any weather condition. You should try to do the same, how would you feel if put into a box shipped through fedex, wouldn't you want someone to make sure you were packed properly to be able to survive more than 24hrs? Personally I'd be scared to death to let you pack me...Well Justin time for your trip, BTW you have only enough heat to last 12 hours any delays and you'll probably freeze to death...well thats what happend to the chondros isn't it!!!
Unless you can come up with something better than " ..they called you a mere 2hrs after reciept" ...you should pay them there cash back..you may not be legally obligated due to you TOS but I believe you are morally obligated.The fact they didn't get the waiver right HAD NO DIRECT OUTCOME ON THIS SHIPMENT. EITHER WAY THE GTP"S ARE DEAD.
You are talking out of a rear orfice here.... The package was shipped as all others, had sufficient heating to even last a delay, and we checked forecasts and shipped all of our parcels that day according. Not a single issue aside from this claim. We already stated that a 40hr pack was used, yet again you have failed to read........ ignorance is bliss my friend.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:27 PM   #43
Chris@TSE
*sigh*

Justin, you're simply beyond help.... lol

Again, we have had no issues with shipments and have been doing this quite some time. In fact it is a rare case where something like this even has to present itself.... and when we ARE presented with claims, they are usually covered whether they fall within our TOS or not. The reasons this claim was denied have been layed out for you, you can choose to keep running your mouth in an uneducated manner or read what has been stated. The choice is yours, I will not be wasting my time repeating anything for you any longer.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:27 PM   #44
Jim O
Chris,

According to FedEx, Priority is available from Buffalo, NY to Zip 14043 (Depew, NY).

Sorry, my friend, but it looks like you messed up. I would follow Jim's advice, insist on a retraction/apology as a condition for making it right. Looking at it from all sides, your delay was four hours (because it should have been set for 10:30 AM delivery) and their delay was at most two hours.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2005, 12:34 PM   #45
Chris@TSE
Yes, I saw that myself and I was told that our attorneys will be handling this matter. Like I said, the decision was made and it is out of my hands at this point. We are also awaiting confirmation from fedex regarding any situations or "motivation" that would have prompted a standard service that day....... I should know more regarding this come Tuesday afternoon. Regardless of arrival time, about ten other parcels packed the very same way arriving at a three hour time deficit on the west coast, in transit much longer I might add, made delivery in perfect shape. Additional parcels sent to colder locations on the east coast as well, one arriving after 3:45pm in the same time zonbe.... Again, tip top shape.

Again, it is something we wanted to research with FedEx to cover all of our bases of course, but it still does not do much to change things. There are a few other things being investigated that I cannot disclose at this time, but it will be informative nonetheless once available.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:35 PM   #46
Justin Mitcham
No need to continue the insults Chris...No matter what you say to weasle your position right Chris...your package did not survive 2 hours outside...right..thats a load if I ever heard one...and I doubt it really sat outside for 2 hours and if it did I would of guarenteed it...I have been doing this a long time as well..I checked your paypal verified deals...you have almost as many as I have...except one thing I HAVE NEVER HAD A DOA THAT WAS DUE TO IMPROPER PACKING...NEVER BUD ...if you pack good animals well they will not die in transit. Those chondros were long dead before they hit the steps...snakes don't drop dead immediatly to cold unless frozen..even sensitve ones like chondros...it take hours of exposure...
BTW it is illeagal Chris to ship animals with no airholes...

Old 11-14-2005, 12:37 PM   #47
Chris@TSE
Think whatever you like Justin, our customers state otherwise.
Always have.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #48
Chris@TSE
Quote:
BTW it is illeagal Chris to ship animals with no airholes...
Then I guess 99% of sellers here, even the most reputable... Are breaking the law. Better start turning them in Justin.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #49
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Those chondros were long dead before they hit the steps...snakes don't drop dead immediatly to cold unless frozen..even sensitve ones like chondros...it take hours of exposure...
You are right, and we still have not proven they are even deceased. They were packed with ample heat, and as stated yet AGAIN, the very same way the other twenty or so parcels were shipped, the same successful shipments containing the same animals to various locations that very same evening. Hell, as done countless times in the past, without incident.

They could have simply been stunned sitting on a doorstep for a period of time and photographed while lethargic, before coming around. This is a topic I am unable to touch on, as stated before.... But again if the buyer followed our terms hopefully these animals have been preserved as specified. We do check.

Like I have stated numerous times, there is too much reasonable doubt. They should have made delivery alive and well just like our other parcels that day, but they claim they did not. They failed to do what was required and even reminded.... to obtain guarantee. And we cannot prove they accepted the delivery as they have stated. The claim was denied.

Are you reading something we are unable to see Justin? One thing is said, and you go off on another unrelated tangent..... Amusing.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #50
Chris@TSE
Quote:
I checked your paypal verified deals...you have almost as many as I have...except one thing I HAVE NEVER HAD A DOA THAT WAS DUE TO IMPROPER PACKING...NEVER BUD ...

And what is this supposed to mean? you are at par with us in some way?

Transactions through paypal mean nothing, hell, there are people in this business that have conducted sales twice as long as both of us combined with smaller confirmed transactions in paypal. there are other ways to accept payment kiddo. Keep trying.........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!