UFO? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #41
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Quite honestly, would you really expect the government to publicize bonafide evidence of alien civilizations that it found?
they don't even tell us about possibly dangerous approaching asteroids/close calls until after they've already passed and the threat is gone. I highly doubt they would tell us anything about alien civilizations or alien contact if it were made (and would probably only try to use such knowledge for their own military advancement). scary stuff our government.
what, me, worry?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #42
Mooing Tricycle
The program is still around.

Boinc
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download.php

Old 09-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #43
R. Eventide
Okay. :-] Sorry if I was preaching to the choir, Donna.

Yep, that's SETI@home, and as far as I know, it's still going. Others have made similar programs like Einstein@home (reduce data from gravitational wave detectors) and some stuff for cancer, I think.

As for asteroids, actually there are multiple websites that track NEAs (Near-Earth Asteroids). There are astronomers whose entire jobs are to look for and catalog asteroids. No asteroids (as of yet) have truly threatened Earth. The astronomers put up probabilities of collision long before an accurate orbit has been calculated, and the media/public tend to go off the deep end about it without bothering to look at the errorbars of the calculation!

Oh, I know what you mean, Webslave. I don't trust much (if anything) any politician says, and I know the government lies to us, probably on a daily basis. I wouldn't be surprised if there's semi-decent evidence of alien civilizations. However, astronomers are not well-known for being tight-lipped; the astronomer grapevine here is a short one indeed! I find it difficult to believe that if someone observing on Arecibo found possible evidence of alien life and/or one of the asteroid-hunters found a dangerous asteroid, word wouldn't get around. Especially with the asteroid stuff, 'cause there are tons and tons of amateur astronomers who are constantly looking for asteroids as well.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #44
WebSlave
I don't know what would be more disconcerting to me. That there is no other detectable intelligent life in the universe, or that there is, but they are hiding from or ignoring us.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #45
Mooing Tricycle
I betchya we are just among the first.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #46
SamanthaJane13
Thanks again, R Eventide.

That's the program I was using...SETI@home.

Cool stuff.

I may even get back to it now that I know it's still available.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #47
R. Eventide
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I don't know what would be more disconcerting to me. That there is no other detectable intelligent life in the universe, or that there is, but they are hiding from or ignoring us.
Indeed. :-/ Though, I'd probably guess the former. If it's the latter, at least we know there's intelligent life out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
Thanks again, R Eventide.
No prob.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #48
SPJ
Hey Chuck, what happened?
Did the aliens abduct the cable?

Old 09-20-2009, 02:02 AM   #49
SamanthaJane13
NASA launches rocket, dozens report strange lights

WALLOPS ISLAND, Va. – NASA says it successfully launched a rocket in Virginia as part of an experiment, and the blast may have caused dozens of people to report seeing strange lights in the sky.

The space agency said it launched the Black Brant XII on Saturday evening to gather data on the highest clouds in the Earth's atmosphere. About the time of the launch, dozens of people in the Northeast started calling local television stations to report seeing strange lights.

The calls came from as far away as Boston, which is about 380 miles northeast of the launch site.

The rocket is designed to create an artificial cloud. NASA hopes the experiment will provide information on the formation and properties of noctilucent clouds, which occur at high altitudes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090920/..._rocket_launch

Hey, Chuck.

Are these your friends??

I know that there's an air field there in Tejas that NASA uses...could this possibly be an explanation??

I'm not being bitchy.

Just curious...

Old 09-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #50
Exotic_Domestics
Chuck, what you was was real, not fake.

Their are alot of sightings in Florida strictly because its by the waters, and because we have alot of interlligent bases for the military. Just whatever you do, dont make yourself visible to them, or they will haunt you till your scared.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!