Info Josh at Outback reptiles - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #61
David Reid
Kevin, you must think you are special or something, complaining about such a trivial thing.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #62
Kevin Patrick
not really. just exposing shady customer service when i see it. many would agree that needing animals to be feeding on frozen thawed isn't trivial. most of outbacks adds state the animals are feeding on rodents, just rodents, not live or frozen thawed, i guess if you didn't ask you'd find out after the fact that they are only eating live. not all of us have access to live rodents.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #63
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Patrick View Post
not really. just exposing shady customer service when i see it. many would agree that needing animals to be feeding on frozen thawed isn't trivial. most of outbacks adds state the animals are feeding on rodents, just rodents, not live or frozen thawed, i guess if you didn't ask you'd find out after the fact that they are only eating live. not all of us have access to live rodents.
That would be on the buyer to find out before buying. Someone asks me to change something over to f/t they are SOL..

Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #64
tcp2
This has got to be one of the dumbest complaints I have ever seen. It reminds me of the time I sold leopard geckos to a store in Alaska. The customer called after receiving the lizards to ask what they eat, We replied the easiest food would be crickets. She had no live food available of any kind to feed her animals. It never dawned on us the owner of a pet store would not have any idea what to feed animals she ordered. Kevin needs to move on to something important. Josh has a thankless job when he can get trashed online for something so trivial.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #65
David Reid
Ok, Kevin, you stated this, "Not all of us have access to live rodents." Whose fault is that? YOURS. You seem to be a problem buyer, most of us will avoid you in the future.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #66
Kingofspades
If the animal is not feeding on your preferred prey item...find one that is, or buy it and attempt to switch it yourself.
It's that easy.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #67
alcmaeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Patrick View Post
not really. just exposing shady customer service when i see it.... not all of us have access to live rodents.
Too funny. "Feeding live reptiles is shady". Snake buying 101: if it says eats mice or rats or Easter bunnies it means live unless it says eating f/t mice or f/t rats or f/t Easter bunnies. If you have years in the hobby you know that, and you are just trolling.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #68
mapleman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@Outbackreps View Post
Kevin,
If you have been involved with reptiles for so many years then it would not be hard for you to switch an animal over yourself, or go to one of the breeders you list that feed the prey items you prefer.
Why keep crying over the fact that we wanted to save ourselves the headache of dealing with a problem buyer such as your self.
It's a free market, we will feed our animals whatever we feel is best, and is cost affective for us. We do not run our company to fit your individual needs, but rather works best for us, and the majority of our clients.
Very well said!! I have purchased a c.h. import from Josh and had a flawless transaction. Would definitely buy from him again!

Lee Hingle

Old 01-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #69
C.Raye
I love how I got a red square after replying on this post what does it mean ?

Old 01-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #70
evansnakes
I have never dealt with Josh directly but have had many many transactions both buying and selling with Ian, the owner of outback. I have never had a problem with a single thing coming from Ian not being honestly represented.

I also think it is very funny that people who dont know about the industry and dont take the time to ask the questions would not know that they have bought many animals from outback and just dont know it. Ian sells to hundreds of show dealers, pet shops, distributers and breeders all over the country but especially out on the east coast. If you bought animals from anybody in that part of the country there is a good chance that it was an outback animal.

They sell good quality product at really good prices both wholesale and retail. When you deal with that large a volume of animals you have to give people a little bit of a break on things like the request to get animals to eat frozen thawed. If you only will buy animals eating thawed, that is fine, but there is no reason to make such a big deal out of them not switching them to frozen thawed for you, just go buy from somebody else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!