Inquiry Rodent Pro? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #61
rcpreis3
see mine were never packed neatly but not as random as the one pic posted, and amputted pinkies are a real annoyance, but it happens. But it states on the website that all the rodents at rodent pro are fed with rat feed not dog food.

Q: What do you feed your mice, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, chicks and quail?
A: We feed a scientifically-formulated diet specifically designed to enhance the health and quality of all the animals in our colony. We absolutely do not feed dog food or any other product that contains red dye.

http://rodentpro.com/qpage_faqs.asp

Old 03-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #62
ShadowAceD
I've used Rodent Pro for about two years now and have only had one issue. A bag of Rat Weanlings I ordered ended up being bigger than what I was wanting or what the site stated they would be. Not by much, but enough to keep me from being able to feed my youngest boa with them. I ended up having to feed her from a local pet sore for a little while until she was big enough to eat the weanlings. Since then, the weanlings have been the appropriate size.

As for the packaging. Honestly, most of my rats have come in neatly packed as shown earlier on in the thread. I would gladly show you examples of that, but I cannot since all the bags of my most recent order have been opened and are, obviously, no longer lined up neatly. However, during my next order, I will snap some pics and throw them up here.

I like the convenience of online ordering, their pricing and the box tracker that shows the best way to optimize your order for the cost. However, I will acknowledge that no retailer is perfect and that there will always be satisfied and dissatisfied customers for various reasons. If there is a stronger pattern of dissastisfied, then they should be avoided, but I feel that Rodent Pro has a stronger pattern of satisfied customers, including myself, so, I go with them. I have gotten quotes from Big Cheese and other various frozen rodent retailers and decided it was too much by comparison.

Also, as a side note, I never thaw my rodents in the same bag they came in. I buy ziploc bags in bulk from Sam's and use those to thaw to avoid water getting into the bag and it works out better for me. Just as an FYI.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!