Business Ethics question! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Winston
Exclamation Business Ethics question!

Hey guys many of you know who I am and many fo you don't but I want to ask ya'll a business ethic question...which recently I encountered at the show in South Carolina in which I was a vendor.....here is the story...no names will be applies unless asked so that way I wil not dename another vendor

on Sat. morning when the show opened I saw a group of mammals for sale..I went over and talked to the vendor about them and they said they would do a good price for them for me.....I told them that I would think about it and come back.....about mid day I came back and I asked them if the would take a credit card which they reply they do not have a credit card machine....s6 asked them is it alright for them to take a check and to old it till weds of this week so I can shift some funds around into the account, they told me yes that would be no problem so I was set....I came back a little later, and by this time they only had 1 of the mammals I want to buy left but another customer was looking at it and was contemplating on buying it for the full price...so I told them I undestand and I would wait till the customer decide if they wanted to buy it......about 40 minutes before the show close I saw no one at their table so I went and ask if the customer has bought the mammal...they told me she was walking round and thinking about it..so I say no problem...I come back at the end of the show in Sat. and they still have 1 left for sale....so I ask them is it alright if I wrote them a check now....The vendor reply that there was another customer that was gonna come over to their house to possibly buy it..(by this time I was a bit irked)....so I was like fine...........Noe Sunday morning before the show started I went to the vendor with the mammaland they still had the little one....so I ask them can I pay for him now.........they told me that another customer was gonna come and pay for him after Church.......(so I'm kindda pissed by now)....so I waited...while I was waiting they also brought on sunday anoter mammal which I would like to buy so I told them that I will buy their new mammal that they brought and they can sell the other mammal to the other customer....this is when they retracted their statement of taking my check...so it was at the end of day Sunday which I went back to see if I can buy the orignal mammal I wanted...but when I was their they just sold to some customer that just walked up to them...and I even think they took a check from them but not me......I mean they drag me through freakin 2 days fo crap.....if they did not want to do bsuiness with me then do't !....don't drag me around the mud...and they do not know that I am usually a repeat customer and that I do a lt fo recoomandation to other peopel in the industries because I get asked about my exotic mammals....

So if you were in my shoe would you be pissed or am I just over reacting need some imput please!

Thank you