Inquiry Username Victor121 – Questionable Guy - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #21
ReptilesAnonymous
I agree that the timing seems questionable but personally, I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt. It won’t hurt me if I’m wrong.

To me, lying about your son being in the hospital would bring someone to an entirely new level of being a “Bad Guy”. I haven’t seen evidence that takes him to that level, so I certainly won’t be accusing him of anything as far as his son in the hospital goes.

However, I also won’t be handing out any free passes on the ball python activity. I just realized that I am about out of time for being able to submit a PayPal claim which does seem like it is likely in order. I’m going to go ahead and proceed with the claim and can always cancel it later if he is able to ease our concerns.

Kevin -if needed, would you be willing to be a contact for my claim? I’m not sure how you paid him, but I am certainly willing to help anyway I can.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #22
MikeCurtin
I will be sure to pray for him....hopefully it's nothing serious.

I posed this question earlier, and nobody responded. Has anyone here seen or heard of Victor on any other forums, or anywhere else in the community prior to him showing up with all these snakes for sale (hets at that). To my knowledge, he wasn't even breeding anything, which would explain why he doesn't have pics of any locks.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #23
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
I will be sure to pray for him....hopefully it's nothing serious.

I posed this question earlier, and nobody responded. Has anyone here seen or heard of Victor on any other forums, or anywhere else in the community prior to him showing up with all these snakes for sale (hets at that). To my knowledge, he wasn't even breeding anything, which would explain why he doesn't have pics of any locks.
Nope.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #24
khood
Mike, I never heard of him before placing these ads. I did a search and came up with nothing positive nor negative. It wasn't until after I made my purchase that I started to see threads about him. I do see he has had some positive feedback from a few others.

Unfortunately, I am not having the same experience. I figured I wouldn't be the only unsatisfied customer and that it would only be a matter of time when others came forward.

When I first met him he told me he just started getting into breeding balls. He told me he bought his animals from some of the biggest names around and that is when he told me the hets came from Ralph Davis. I just have not been provided with the proof like i was promised. Was I stupid for making this purchase? Many will say yes but when I met him he seemed like a straight forward guy. I believed him when he told me the paperwork was at his job and he would forward the paperwork to me when he returned to the office.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #25
khood
Casey, I will certainly be of any help with your claim. I paid him $800.00 in cash and $900.00 was done with my credit card through his plumbing business. I tried to use pay pal using his laptop while at his house but I couldnt get pay pal to accept my credit card. So instead he just charged my credit card directly through his plumbing business.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #26
Montoya
My experience with Victor

I was told his 5 week old son had a collapsed lung and he had a very large breeder in NJ taking care of his snakes for him. I had a transaction that went south with Victor recently. I did tell Victor I planned to inform others of how my transaction went with him on a couple of the forums. I was told that if I posted, he would have this large, well known breeder post in retaliation against me. He stated to me that he had many transactions that went smoothly with mine being the only problem. I decided not to post unless other legitimate issues were raised by others, in the event this was true.

I contacted Victor By email on February 24th regarding a 1000g female firefly for $1000. and asked if he was interested in any trades and requested a picture of the snake. He sent the picture and it looked great, and I asked what food it was eating and he responded back.

On February 25th I asked how much of a deposit it would take to bring it to the Hamburg show and he said $100. I made the deposit and was to inspect and take possession at the show if everything was good. I received a voice call from Victor while I was eating dinner at a restaurant. I was not able to talk much but we agreed to meet in the morning of the show.

On the day of the show around 8am he was running behind and said he could meet at noon, so I agreed. I had started driving to the show and at 10:15a I got a text the snake escaped overnight and was cold and he didn't want to risk an RI by bringing her to the show. He asked for a week to observe her and I agreed. I went with another member who was buying from Victor to get a feel for him and he seemed like a decent guy and felt a little better about the situation.

On March 1st I contacted Victor via text about her condition with no response.

On March 2nd I contacted him again regarding if she looked good enough to go. He stated she looked ok and didn't eat but would try again Friday. I told him mid March was looking good temp wise to ship.

On Sunday March 13th, I texted him asking how Wednesday looked for shipping. I received no response from him.

On March 14th, I asked if we could ship this week. He responded he could ship Tuesday or Wednesday and only had 5 females. I had to remind him I had the firefly female. He asked for a few minutes. An hour later he responded with "sorry..."i'm going to hold on to her.. I have a 690g female you can have for 850..."

I reminded him that I put a deposit on her. I was not happy at this point. He stated she was a little bubbly and she is on Baytril. I was never notified of this and told him it seemed as if he had sellers remorse. He stated he could refund me. He gave an option later if I wanted her I could get her as is. I contemplated visiting but it was too far a drive. I asked for the vet report with the dosing amount be sent in email. At this time he told me about his son in the hospital. He later said he didn't take her to the vet that his friend works for a vet and is dosing her. At that time I just decided to cut the loss and accept a refund.

I didn't feel comfortable with the situation and felt I was being played. Victor agreed to refund me in the morning and didn't until I reminded him again around 12:10p

Even with the threat of retaliation from his friend, I felt bad about his boy and the situation he was going through, if it was true. I think if it was just poor communication it deserves an info thread here and not a bad guy. However, if he got a better deal on the firefly he deserves a bad guy instead.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #27
FosterHerpetological
I call BS. Seems like a scammer from post #26 (if true)

Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #28
bznj
Firstly, after the TSE mess people should realize paperwork is worthless. You have to have faith in who you buy from. Secondly, so far all of these animals came from others who purchased them from others. That's a string of people to trust on one animal. You get what you pay for. You buy from a flipper you may not get what you pay for. Plain and simple.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #29
khood
Just as I suspected I knew I wouldn't be the only person with a questionable experience with Victor Ezeir. I was a little hesitant to post at first out of fear of backlash by others that had positive deals with him. I just hope others will post if they have similar experiences.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #30
FosterHerpetological
Nicely said Brian

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ezeir, victor, victor ezeir, victor121