Female Aru not eating... help? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-09-2005, 11:11 PM   #11
Junkyard
Have you tried to upset her with the rodent to get her to eat. With babies it can take 15 minutes worth of bumping their nose and running them all over their cage to get them to eat. Just a thought.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
DanRC30
Yes, I was bopping her in the nose with the food for over 10 minutes and all she did was try to flee. I chased her all around the tank with the f/t mouse but she wouldn't even hiss at me. No aggression whatsoever.

I tried taking her outside in the sun and feeding her.

I tried feeding her in the dark.

All she does is turn away and not want to eat.

It makes no sense... My avatar is a pic of her. She's gorgeous and I don't want to lose her. I need to do something, but what?!?!? Anyone have any other ideas?

Old 10-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #13
coralluscrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Have you tried to upset her with the rodent to get her to eat. With babies it can take 15 minutes worth of bumping their nose and running them all over their cage to get them to eat. Just a thought.
This doesnt sound like a good idea.That can cause ALOT of stress on the animal.Stress of an arboreal snakes usually makes them not want to eat.

I dont know what it could be.It maybe be something internal.Maybe there is that slight chance she is gravid??

Old 10-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #14
DanRC30
I highly doubt she's gravid. I would think that she would start showing signs by now if she was...

I think the next thing I'm going to do is put her in a container on a branch and then try to feed her in a week. I'll keep the container in her cage. Maybe the smaller space will make her feel more secure. Any thoughts?

Old 10-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #15
coralluscrazy
Yeah it might work if she is in a smaller cage by herself.I say keep her in a dark place in the bathroom maybe.I suggest bathroom because of the humidity that is given off when you shower.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:33 PM   #16
ravensgait
I've known WC animals that eat well from the get go and others that well it's not unusual for them to go months without eating. I've seen them go as long as 6 months before deciding to eat. If the set up is right just give her time, offer food every week or so. Good luck with her. Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!