First U.S. Hatched Hypo Green Burmese - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
anaconda420
What does the color of the tongue have to do with anything, just curious........

Dont know??? we are also cleaning cages and all our burms have different colors also...

Old 05-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #12
BenR
Well it would seem that the hypos have red/pink tongues (at least as babies). If that's the case, and the two greens that Amanda and Brad suspect are hypo greens don't have pure pink/red tongues that would be another thing showing they are not actually hypo.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
juggalo
Oh.... Well I have to bust that one up a little hatchlings from last year, hypo het albino green had both pink and black together and spotted up... Ben I don't believe that Amanda's friend has hypos, but I have to say the tounge thing is not gonna be a give away on this one.... Unless all the Hypo Greens you have have solid pink tongues then maybe I guess it could be...

Old 05-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #14
anaconda420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR View Post
This is from day 56 of one of my hypo greens. Notice they have no spots on their sides(really strange for some that are should be het granite), and the dorsal striping is much more norrow than the dorsal spotting or striping greens usually have.

No Spots?? just a stripe? you got other blood up in the mix. het granite would have lots of spots. thats why alot of people are saying yours isnt pure green or pure hypo green...

Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #15
BenR
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda420 View Post
No Spots?? just a stripe? you got other blood up in the mix. het granite would have lots of spots. thats why alot of people are saying yours isnt pure green or pure hypo green...
What are you talking about????? What people are saying that????? That is news to me. If anyone is saying that then they really have no clue what is going on as far as hypo greens go. I don't think there is any need for me to go into all the reasons why mine are for sure hypo greens. People can just look at my hypo greens and tell pretty clearly they are hypo greens, they can look at the rest of the clutch and see the siblings are what you would expect from the pairing I did to get hypo greens, and of course the genetics of the parents are what you need to produce hypo green. Then last what could they possibly be if they are not hypo greens??? All those factors make it very clear what mine actually are. As far as the het granites are concerned you can see siblings in the clutch are het granite. So it is likely that some of the hypo greens and albino green are probably het granite and you can't tell. These are the first hypo greens 50% het granite so who knows what influence the het granite gene would actually have on them if at all. I was hoping to be able to tell, and think there may be something I can look for once they hatch, but for anyone to say mine aren't hypo greens because they don't show the het granite influence really hasn't thought things through when considering all the other factors above. I will say, from what I have seen, it is much much harder to tell what normal hypos are het for granite. You can some time get a feel for it by looking at the spots on their sides, but dorsally there isn't much to look for like there is on normals or greens that are het for granite. So it's not that much of a surprise the hypo greens don't show it either.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
anaconda420
ben i guess you miss understood my post... HYPOS yes... you got hypos, hypo green-well you got alot of genes mixed in the bunch for the blood line. so Yes yours dont look like a Green... thats what we are saying. so you are the frist to produce a

HYPO, GREEN (het every damn thing)...lol and that everything is messing with the pattern.

97% of people reading these post dont reply but i will tell you the phones are ringing and i have to say its getting kinda funny.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
BenR
Quote:
ben i guess you miss understood my post... HYPOS yes... you got hypos, hypo green-well you got alot of genes mixed in the bunch for the blood line. so Yes yours dont look like a Green... thats what we are saying. so you are the frist to produce a

HYPO, GREEN (het every damn thing)...lol and that everything is messing with the pattern.

97% of people reading these post dont reply but i will tell you the phones are ringing and i have to say its getting kinda funny.
Amanda,

I think I understood your post, but I'm not sure you understood mine. It sounds like you are saying you don't think mine are hypo greens???? I'm sorry, but there really isn't anything else they could be. Aside from the albino gene the only other gene in this clutch is the granite gene. Since the female is the only one that carries it, no granites can be produced. Only 50% het granites. This doesn't change anything as far as the expected out come of the clutch. The only new snakes that can be produced are hypo greens and hypo albino greens. Sure they could be het granite as well, but big deal. We have already seen hypos het for granite and we know these new snakes aren't that, and we have all seen normal greens het granites, and we know these new ones aren't that. So there really isn't any question about what these new ones are.

Again, not to discredit anything Brad had done, but look at the facts. If you or anyone else that is talking about this can't see all this for what it is, then I don't get it.

1. He bred an adult green to a hypo het albino. Very unlikely his male was het green as that snake would have been much more expensive and the seller would have likely known about it. Could it have happened? Yes, but very very unlikely. Very very low odds. I on the other hand used a hypo male that was for sure het for albino green.

2. Out of the 4 eggs Brad had make it, all 4 babies carried the green gene. So here we have male hypo that isn't even known to be het for green, and he produced 4 babies that all carry the green gene??? If you don't know the odds are 50% for each baby to be green when you breed a green to another snake that is only het for green. basically its like you flipping a coin and calling heads, and getting it right 4 times in a row. Again, the odds are against that. Considering this and the fact that brads hypo male wasn't known to be het for green, it would be much more likely that his female green was sired by a green male some how either before he got it or while in his care. Please remember burms have been known to retain sperm from past seasons as well. My clutch on the other hand has produced all offspring that you would expect from the parents I paired up, as both hypos and greens were present in the clutch.

3. Every other female Brad put with his hypo male slugged out except for the one that produced the 4 greens. From the sound of it, it sounds like his hypo male was off this season based on the other three females. It would point to the male not being fertile right now for what ever reason. Yet, here we have a female green bred to a hypo male not known to be het for green, produce four viable eggs that contain 4 babies all with the green gene, even though every other female slugged out. Please think about how likely all that is.

4. Last, even though his two greens do stand out from the other two, there really isn't anything hypo about them, and there are other greens out there that look like them. Just do a simple web search. There is a reason why after you posted pics people on the forums kept saying they look just like greens. I asked Brad multiple times on the phone how they looked in the egg before coming out(this was before I had a better sence of how mine looked). He said they looked pretty much how they do now. They weren't lighter in color, didn't have any faint pattern, not pink or anything. He also mentioned his have more dorsal spots than greens he has produced in the past which he thought might mean they are hypo. Now, my hypo greens which we know are hypo greens from everything I said above look nothing like his now that they are more developed. Mine are much more striped, and the stripe is very narrow. much more than normal greens that have a stripe. They are completely clean on the sides. No spots at all. As far as the het granite thing goes, I have 7 hypo greens and albino hypo greens in the clutch. You can bet some carry the het granite gene and some don't based on how many I have, so there doesn't look to be much that the het granite gene does to change things on the hypo greens. There is certainly no reason to doubt mine being hypo greens based on that.

So consider everything I said above about how Brad got his, and how I got mine. Then look at how mine look and how his look. I really don't see how anyone could think at this point his are hypo greens, let alone have any doubt about what mine are. If any of these people you are talking to want to call me they are more than welcome. I haven't had anyone post or call me saying they don't think mine are hypo greens other than you. So I would like to hear from them too.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #18
anaconda420
it would be much more likely that his female green was sired by a green male some how either before he got it or while in his care.

you keep saying that and there WAS no green male at all in the green females life time.. i know the person that owned the female and it was a pet. they did not own any other snakes. times were tough for them so brad bought these snake and the only male brad has is the hypo...

Now as for yours. i never said you didnt have hypos or hypo green. what we are saying is your dont seem to carry the green patterns or even the green het granite pattern. your pattern (stiped) is different. thats what we are saying.

as for brads hypo greens i do beleave they are hypo and have the classic green look as people would expect from a green.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
BenR
Quote:
it would be much more likely that his female green was sired by a green male some how either before he got it or while in his care.

you keep saying that and there WAS no green male at all in the green females life time.. i know the person that owned the female and it was a pet. they did not own any other snakes. times were tough for them so brad bought these snake and the only male brad has is the hypo...

Now as for yours. i never said you didnt have hypos or hypo green. what we are saying is your dont seem to carry the green patterns or even the green het granite pattern. your pattern (stiped) is different. thats what we are saying.

as for brads hypo greens i do beleave they are hypo and have the classic green look as people would expect from a green.
I give up....lol I don't know what more proof I can give you. I would still put money on there some how being a green male involved over the hypo het albino being the father to brad's babies

Even if Brad's hypo male is het for green (which is highly unlikely), and some how he was the sire to that clutch, those babies still look to be just normal greens. Not hypos green.

Did you ever show Brad the pics of mine????

I should have a hypo green and albino hypo green out of the egg today. I'll try to get pics up, but I get really busy this time of the week. It might not be until Sunday or Monday.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #20
anaconda420
not yet.. he lives a hour away and i go there one or twice a week. next trip up ther will be soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!