J&M EXOTICS (John Payseng) Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2003, 01:22 PM   #1
COBRAMAN
Warning! J&M EXOTICS (John Payseng) Inquiry

Has anyone here had any dealings (good or bad) with John Payseng of J&M Exotic Center (Lake City, FL)?
I had always heard that he is a straight up person, but he stopped by and purchased $1178.50 of animals from us, and the check bounced. After leaving several messages on his cell phone voice mail, he called me back and explained his circumstance, and promised to meet me at the Daytona show with half of the money for the check. He did not show, or call (as he promised), and now his cell phone # is disconnected. I offered him any time he needed to pay the amount, but asked that he keep in contact.
I am sure this is out of charactor for him, and hope for a speedy resolution to this mess. how do some of you all handle a mess of this type? I would like to avoid turning it over to the state attorney, as it is a felony, and I do not wish to have to put him through further problems like that. Any suggestions will be greatly valued.

ps- I am able to scan the returned check and post it if that is the proper proceedure for this BOI.

Blessings
Ray Hunter

Old 09-20-2003, 12:58 AM   #2
COBRAMAN
Well, time answered my own inquirey. Yesterday I had to turn this matter over to the Sheriff's Department. A felony warrant will be issued for John Paysengs arrest. John has not answered any of my calls or e-mails, nor has he contacted me to let me know what he wants to do about the bad check he wrote me. Several other reptile dealers informed me that they too had recieved bad checks by this same guy, but none (other than myself) have ever filed charges against him. I sure wish I could afford not to.

Ray Hunter

Old 09-20-2003, 01:23 AM   #3
Ken Harbart
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier Ray, I would've pointed you towards the following threads from the old BOIs...

John Payseng (Problem)
John Payseng - BEWARE
John Payseng (BAD GUY)
John Pay Seng BAD GUY
John Payseng BAD GUY (payseng@alltell.net)
John Payseng Worst in Industry

Old 09-20-2003, 11:57 AM   #4
Zoo Supply
Ray...

Ray,
Just out of curiousity can you tell me what animals you sold him, he has emailed me numerous times to try to sell animals to me and I have old emails that may be of service to you. If he was trying to sell the animals that he bought illegally from you , maybe That will be something you can use..
TOM Snyder

Old 09-20-2003, 06:56 PM   #5
COBRAMAN
Thank you for the links, Ken. I should have checked this site prior to dealing with him.

Tom, he picked up the following:
9 Clown Agamas
9 Schneiders Skinks
2 Savannah Monitors
3 Anacondas
! Fat Tail Gecko
3 Veiled Chameleons
5Guyanan Red Tail Boas
2 Elongated Tortoises
32 Emp. Scorpions
3 Emerald Tree Boas

Thanks for your posts.
Ray Hunter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!