Hi, Just creeping - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:14 AM   #1
ETNJ11
Hi, Just creeping

Hello all, as the title suggests I have been browsing this forum for some time now and have finally decided to make a post. I really just hop on to look up certain breeders and check out the classifieds. The forum has been helpful in both these aspects. Anyways, my name is Eddie and currently own a Leopard gecko and a Gargoyle gecko. I plan on getting a Blue Tongue Skink in the very near future, possibly at the Hamburg Show Saturday. If anyone knows what is offered at these shows or what it is like, your input is welcomed. Thanks. This will be my first show, so I'm pretty excited.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:46 AM   #2
Fangthane
It's been several years since I've been to the Hamburg show, but assuming nothing has significantly changed since then, you'll likely find that there's someone selling pretty much any reptile you could possibly want. Just be prepared for narrow aisles and maddeningly overcrowded conditions. I had a love-hate relationship with that show.

Be sure to take your smartphone along, so you can research sellers before buying. Also, make it a point to try to get receipts and/or business cards from anyone you do business with. You'll want to get in the habit of trying to keep a paper trail to document all of your transactions. Never know when it'll come in handy.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:14 PM   #3
ETNJ11
I've heard people complain about the overcrowding issues and the long line to get in. I'll be prepared for that. Thanks for the other advice as well.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #4
NIGRO51
I get there super early and stand on line like a fiend but its totally worth it. Gotta get in and out early!

100% agree with Dan as well. Get paperwork for everything and keep the BOI open on your phone to check the sellers out.

Have fun.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:58 PM   #5
ETNJ11
Yea I'll try to get there as early as possible. I've already looked up some of the vendors on the list, hopefully it's updated

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!