Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - Page 117 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #1161
Charlotte&Loki
Lucky is just so pretty, and lucky is she indeed to be back with you. Can't wait to see what she looks like after a few meals!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #1162
laterob
Quote:
Have you tried feeding? I'm real curious as to how she strikes.
Yup. I know, I know. I fed her a live Hopper, checked on her 5 minutes later, and it was gone. I figured it's too early to watch her eat. I can't say if there were any 'swing-and-a-miss'es or not, but I know she's full and happy .

I'd like to thank everyone for their support. As for the latest turn of events in the other thread, I really don't know what to say. My feelings range from empathy/pity/curiousity/rage depending on what part of this ordeal I am thinking of or reading about.

There's been a lot of interest in Lucky. If I win the chargeback, I'd like to auction her off here on Fauna and donate the proceeds to the site. If I lose the chargeback, well...I really can't afford to keep her but she has a sister killerbee who is a year older than she is... .

Old 01-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #1163
chazzz
Hey Rob,
I am very happy to hear that "Lucky" has made it back to you and is obviously in much better hands now!! But I must say that this whole fiasco created by Thomas Dorn still leaves a rancid taste in my mouth! Everything from his baseless accusations against you and your animals (IBD, selling defective snakes with inborn problems and so on) were nothing but a weak attempt at a smear campaign to further his agenda that backfired, to his piss poor husbandry and all his very questionable actions (Vet exam?, advice from Vet?). I could go on but the repetition throughout this thread is just as annoying as Thomas Dorn's stubbornness to get his way despite not one person slightly agreeing with him. I think it's more than clear that this is a case of buyer's remorse which if he had first attempted to contact you and tell the truth, IMO, I think you would have worked with him on making him happy. But the chances of that are long gone and I only speculate as such from the way you have conducted yourself throughout this mess. As you seem very professional and are more than willing to make sure your customer's are happy as long as they're not trying to pull a fast one on you.

So "Lucky" the day after eating a meal was on Death's door requiring forced fluids, as to Dr? Dorn's assessment of the situation which only made matters worse for the poor snake. I would assume someone with Thomas' so called experience he would have recognized the snake was merely going into a shed cycle and should have been left alone. But I'm sure "Lucky" wouldn't have minded a supportive setup with proper temp gradients and humidty not to mention could have done without the constant flipping over, and water boarding! Even after all that nonsense "Lucky" now seems to be healthy or at least as healthy as one would expect after being treated in such a fashion for the last month and a half. I would say that "Lucky" is a fairly hardy snake to endure what she has to come out the other end without any permanent damage. Well hopefully she'll be back to normal in a short time which I have no doubt since she is in the proper hands now "Luckily!"

I think I'm running out of adjectives for Thomas and his actions, at least ones that are PC and won't result in getting any infractions. But this email that he sent Rob has left me speechless and I can't even begin to describe how I feel about it PC or not. I guess according to Thomas I'm one of the ignorant ones as he so eloquently put it. But unless he has multiple personalities or there is actually two people involved speaking through one name and account I am just baffled at this email response I quoted below from Thomas to Rob!

Quote:
And the second at 5:09 PM
Quote:
You know I am really sorry about this, and the mess it has caused. I know I may have pissed you off by bring paypal into it in the beginning. But then you definitely crossed the line with me by starting that thread. I don't care what happens on fauna on a regular basis. Those are not my rules. My rules are for privacy. I don't want my address online. You can see my public address is different for a reason. That was one of the things that really pissed me off. As you can probably see by now, the snake is not as bad as you think she was. All of you assumptions were wrong. I don't know if it was just an act to keep my money of if you really believed that.

Like I said I feel bad for what we both had to go though, and the snake, so I apologize if you feel i insulted you in anyway.
Are you kidding me? Do I really need to go through this entire thread and quote all of Thomas' posts that state this snake was about to die and was defective not to mention stating it had IBD. This was his whole argument on why he deserved a refund and even started a retaliatory Bad Guy thread on Rob. Now the snake is healthy and was never as bad as WE thought!!! His consistency to allude the truth, or any rational logical thought is beyond me!! He's so good at sticking to his guns of absurdity it makes me question my own sanity!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #1164
KORBIN5895
Again I am SO sorry this happened to you Rob but wow! You really uncovered a crack pot with this character. You have honestly saved a lot of people a lot of headaches so for that I thank you. You have shown yourself to be a truly upstanding business man which is very refreshing considering all of these bog names that seem yo be falling short of the mark .

Old 01-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #1165
aSnakeLovinBabe
Seeing Thomas' latest actions.... I honestly can't believe he thinks that people on this forum are that stupid.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #1166
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
Seeing Thomas' latest actions.... I honestly can't believe he thinks that people on this forum are that stupid.
His actions have been pretty pathetic, I agree, but he has already said how he feels about this group:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
You guys are not only morons but children.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #1167
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
Rob I would be surprised if you have a business after this. And you deserve it.
Yes, this is the one thing I picked out to comment.

I have bought from Rob & was extremely satisfied with my snakes. They arrived 12-22-11 in the cold & were perfectly fine. I will buy from him again when he has something that catches my eye.

I applaud Rob with the way he has handled this situation.

I will now read the other thread.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #1168
Focal
Entertaining link for anyone that hasn't seen it:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=376856

Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #1169
RichsBallPythons
Way hes going, im glad i never turned this into a drinking game. My liver would of died by now!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #1170
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Way hes going, im glad i never turned this into a drinking game. My liver would of died by now!
*would have(sorry, pet peeve ) And agreed.

I can't see how anyone who reads this with his actions before, during and after this whole debacle, along with his words here and elsewhere, and ever consider doing business with him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles