Bad Guy BEWARE OF PIJAC!!!! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #141
lanceheads
Bobby,
I have imported/exported, probably years BEFORE you ever got into reptiles,(since 1974) and I can say with clarity, you have no idea what you are talking about. The USDA does not inspect shipments, UNLESS, there are mammals involved, and it HAS to be stated on the airbill/waybill. USFW inspects, NOT USDA totally separate govt. depts. dude. UNLESS, there are mammals included on the shipment.

Again Bobby, have you read the link that I posted?

Anyone else read the link that I posted? Can someone come in here on this thread and read the link that I posted and clarify this for him?

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/publicatio...fs_awawact.pdf

Thanks!

Randal Berry

Old 05-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #142
varnyard
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_exp...s/iafrsas.html

Quote:
United States
Department of
Agriculture Animal and
Plant Health
Inspection
Service Veterinary Services
National Center For Import And Export
Import/Export Animals
4700 River Road, Unit 40
Riverdale, MD 20737-1231

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amphibians, Fish, Reptiles, Shellfish, and Aquatic Species
Revised December 21, 2004

GUIDELINES FOR IMPORTATION #1104
(This is consolidation of guidelines #1104, 1109, and 1118)

AMPHIBIANS, FISH, REPTILES, SHELLFISH AND AQUATIC SPECIES

Including: blood, tissues, serum, feces, extracts, fluids, venom, urine, chondroitin, and glucosamine from these species. Not including: antivenom, oils, and meals (e.g. fish oil or fish meal).

INTRODUCTION:
Materials derived from all animals are potentially subject to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations and must be cleared by USDA inspectors at the port of arrival before entry into the United States is authorized. A USDA import permit is required for animal material that may pose a risk of introducing exotic animal diseases into the United States. However, material from the above listed animals that have not been inoculated with or exposed to any livestock or poultry disease agents or antigens may enter the country without USDA restrictions.

NOTE: The US Fish and Wildlife Service has jurisdiction over the importation of marine mammals and fish. Please contact their Office of Management Authority at (703) 358-2104 or the Permit Division, Office of Protected Resources, National Marine Fisheries Service at (301) 713-2355 or 713-2289.

PROCEDURES:
A USDA import permit will not be required for material from these types of animals if the following is provided in the shipping documents:

An identification of the material and the species of origin; and
A written declaration indicating the material does not include any equine, ruminant, swine or avian species or their materials (such as in transport media or stabilizers).
This information must be supplied as statements on producer/shipper letterhead in a clear and concise manner, and be available for review by the Inspectors at the Port of Arrival. We recommend that a separate memo or letter be included with the shipping documents, such as U.S. Customs declaration and invoice.

Please instruct your shippers to provide this information.
If the above information is not supplied, the shipment may be subject to delays. If the material to be imported cannot meet these criteria, then a USDA import permit may be required.

Permit applications may be obtained several ways:

On-line at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/permits/
By writing to:
USDA, APHIS, VS
National Center for Import and Export
4700 River Road, Unit 40
Riverdale, MD 20737
(301) 734-3277 telephone
(301) 734-6402 fax
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_exp...nopermit.shtml

Quote:
No Import Permit Required

Quote:
These materials do not require a USDA import permit, but will be reviewed at the port of entry by USDA inspectors.
1100 Human Pharmaceuticals and Human Vaccines Containing Animal Components

1101 Human and Non-Human Primate Material (excluding cell cultures)

1102 Feline and Canine Material

1103 Live Laboratory Mammals and Their Material (for research purposes)

1104 Amphibians, Fish, Reptiles, Shellfish and Aquatic Species(includes venom)

1105 Chemically Synthesized Materials

1110 Microbially Produced Materials

1114 Recombinant Microbes and Their Products

1116 Non-pathogenic Microorganisms

1120 Cell Cultures/Lines, Recombinant Cell Cultures/Lines, and Their Products (for in vitro use)

1121 Test Kits

1122 Animal Feeds, Feed Supplements, and Pre-Mixes
http://www.anapsid.org/heartwater.html

Quote:
Humane Society of the U.S. Calls On USDA to Inspect Imported Reptiles; African Tortoise Tick Carried by Snakes and Tortoises Poses Deadly Threat to Nation's Farm Animals and Wildlife

WASHINGTON, Sept. 17 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal protection organization, today called on the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to implement a nationwide program of inspections on all imported reptiles to help stem the spread of a tick that may pose a deadly threat to both the nation's farm animals and its wildlife.
I could go on and on, but this proves my point.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #143
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
As for the call, it lasted one minute, however this is ample time to leave a message and request a call back as I did. The phone did ring a few times and went to answering service/machine, and I did leave a message for him to call me. Just as stated before and proven with my phone bill.

Brian's request was posted, and now I am waiting for his answer yet again.
Usually doesn't the call duration read 1 minute on the phone bill, even if you call and hang up in less time than that? Your posted phone bill proves nothing except that you called his number one time. You could have dialed it and hung up when his voicemail picked up. If you did not leave a message then how in the world would Brian have known you even called?

As far as USDA, they don't even look at the reptiles coming into the USA. They are looked at by USF&W and they either stamp the paperwork with a "cleared" stamp or not. Then you take the paperwork from the cargo area of the terminal over the customs area, then customs clear the shipment and allows the airline to release it to you. Then you go back to the cargo area, hand them the paperwork, and you can then walk out of the airport with your animals.

Now when you export reptiles, legally non-Cites animals do not even need a health certificate. The only reason we have them done when we export is to satisfy airline requirements. It has absolutely nothing to do with USDA.

When USDA inspects a facility that deals in reptiles and in other animals, they do not even come into the area where the reptiles are.

At least this is my understanding.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #144
varnyard
You can make any excuse you want, I posted proof, but that is way too far for you to grasp Kelli. I do not make prank calls, this is no joke to me. Have any more excuses for Brian? If not, then let the facts be seen for what they are.

I left a message, or did you miss that part too?

Old 05-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #145
varnyard
nd I guess USDA is a liar too Kelli?

Quote:
GUIDELINES FOR IMPORTATION #1104
(This is consolidation of guidelines #1104, 1109, and 1118)

AMPHIBIANS, FISH, REPTILES, SHELLFISH AND AQUATIC SPECIES

Including: blood, tissues, serum, feces, extracts, fluids, venom, urine, chondroitin, and glucosamine from these species. Not including: antivenom, oils, and meals (e.g. fish oil or fish meal).

INTRODUCTION:
Materials derived from all animals are potentially subject to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations and must be cleared by USDA inspectors at the port of arrival before entry into the United States is authorized.
It states it clear, they inspect reptiles, and if that is not good enough, it say all animals. Last time I checked reptiles were animals, and all means all.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #146
TattooLost
Not trying to get into this pissing match about semantics, but I did want to just point out one thing.

Quote:
Materials derived from all animals are potentially subject to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations
Just because they CAN do it, doesn't mean that they DO do it, ya know? Technically, there's a building inspector here in the county that CAN inspect each and every building, house addition, garage, etc that goes up. Doesn't mean they ever DO it. lol (yes, I live in a small town, pop. 201. Welcome to East Texas!)

Old 05-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #147
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooLost View Post
Not trying to get into this pissing match about semantics, but I did want to just point out one thing.

Just because they CAN do it, doesn't mean that they DO do it, ya know? Technically, there's a building inspector here in the county that CAN inspect each and every building, house addition, garage, etc that goes up. Doesn't mean they ever DO it. lol (yes, I live in a small town, pop. 201. Welcome to East Texas!)
Well that is a big jump from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
Bobby,
The USDA IS NOT quailified nor trained to inspect the health and well being of herps. The USDA has zero jurisdiction over reptiles/amphibians.
USDA is not quailified nor trained to inspect? And USDA has zero jurisdiction?

See what I mean?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #148
TattooLost
I can't argue with that, honestly.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #149
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
nd I guess USDA is a liar too Kelli?

It states it clear, they inspect reptiles, and if that is not good enough, it say all animals. Last time I checked reptiles were animals, and all means all.
You are reading that wrong Bobby. They are referring to samples, blood, tissue, etc. it says absolutely NOTHING about LIVE reptiles. They are talking about MATERIALS! NOT LIVE ANIMALS! Read your own posts!
sheesh!

Do you even have a High School diploma? Your starting to worry me!
LOL!

Randal Berry

Old 05-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #150
TattooLost
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
You are reading that wrong Bobby. They are referring to samples, blood, tissue, etc. it says absolutely NOTHING about LIVE reptiles. They are talking about MATERIALS! NOT LIVE ANIMALS! Read your own posts!
sheesh!

Do you even have a High School diploma? Your starting to worry me!
LOL!

Randal Berry

ahhhhh, i see it now Randy. If I'm picking up what you're putting down, they're referring to items brought in for the purpose of food or like... holistic medicines. People bringing in snake blood or ground monitor teeth, USDA would be inspecting... not live animals??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!