ShipYourReptiles.com - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #91
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonsthaman View Post
I think you missed my point. SYR is in internet based store, there is no SYR retail building. They may be owned or affiliated with another company that does but that doesn't really matter. What I'm saying is that there are several people who have concerns about this service, and they should be able to be addressed without sending someone to do a F2F...
and you say there is no SYR store... but yet... check the physical addresses of SYR and Pro Exotics... While it might not be dedicated like UPS has stores... you honestly cannot expect it to be.... Its all run by the same person.

http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/en/contact_us
http://www.proexotics.com/contact.html

Old 04-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #92
brandonsthaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
and you say there is no SYR store... but yet... check the physical addresses of SYR and Pro Exotics... While it might not be dedicated like UPS has stores... you honestly cannot expect it to be.... Its all run by the same person.

http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/en/contact_us
http://www.proexotics.com/contact.html
Obviously they have a physical address... What I'm saying is that 100% of their business is online. I don't have to drive there to ship a package, so I shouldn't have to drive there to have a problem addressed.

What I find unreasonable and silly is that UPS is allowing them to ship snakes, but not provide documentation to prove it...

Old 04-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #93
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Obviously they have a physical address... What I'm saying is that 100% of their business is online. I don't have to drive there to ship a package, so I shouldn't have to drive there to have a problem addressed.

What I find unreasonable and silly is that UPS is allowing them to ship snakes, but not provide documentation to prove it...

Do you actually have a problem? or are you just asking for proof of a document that cannot be posted online?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #94
Double LY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
After the fiasco with Repster, people are concerned with shipping thru someone elses account on faith.
That is totally understandable.
Until people see some proof to ease their minds, the questioning will not end.
Exactly. See it from our perspective …

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
We have shipped over 2000 shipments successfully since launch 6 weeks ago. This is the only incidence of its kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidYoung View Post
We have shipped over 1000 packages with out an issue, I am confident we can get this resolved.
Quote:
A letter does exist, it is here on my desk.
Quote:
I am working on getting a letter people can print out and show. But that has to go through many corporate hands before it is produced. So it may take me a minute.
Quote:
I am happy to continue to service the original shipper in any way she needs. We have done everything possible to make her unpleasant experience more palatable. In the meantime, hundreds of other customers are using the site, booking shipments, and having a fantastic experience, every single day.
Quote:
Reptster.com has displayed a high level of integrity to the industry through our shipping program and with our advertisers. In the five months since our launch we have provided excellent customer service and have provided the means to ship over 4000 animals without incident, and have saved this community over 18 thousand dollars to date.
Quote:
I am happy to answer individual questions, and we are happy to continue our intensive customer service, but the best way to reach us is by direct email. I am going nuts trying to keep up with topics on multiple forums.
Quote:
We dont have much time to check other sites unless someone brings it to our attention. Try the Reptster/Fedex post in our forums when having an issue.
Anything look/sound familiar? I truly hope SYR is successful, but the rhetoric that has been put forth here is not doing much to boost confidence.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #95
Mooing Tricycle
I see nothing similar. Save for the response for email and the shipping amount comments.

Ask. To see it in person. Someone has to live in Colorado here....

David said he was trying to get a letter, and it never showed. Robyn never said anything about getting a letter to show to people online.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #96
Darcpixie
If SYR were the ones doing the shipping, it would be a different matter.

But they aren't, they just have an account. With, in theory, different rules then those that have to be followed by anyone else using UPS.

The entire problem that people are having is that while Robyn may have gotten an exemption, for some reason people at UPS don't seem to KNOW about it.

Which leaves everyone using them with no recourse with the SHIPPER. Robyn and others from SYR are available for issues with the account, or in reference to the transaction. But they have no actual pull within the shipping company, and no way to make it known to XYZ employee that there is, actually, permission for them to ship something which is stated as against their shipping policies.

I'm sure that for some people this has gone well. But quite obviously, for others it has NOT.

If they are unable to ensure that their exemption is known and followed, what evidence do the end users have that there IS any recourse if something goes wrong?

At this point, other than some rather vague *trust us*, I haven't really seen any. They seem to be having about the same success rates with shipping snakes as other businesses that haven't protested that they have an exemption... if no one knows about it it works fine, but if it gets out that it's snakes, the WORLD ENDS. Where is our evidence to the contrary?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #97
brandonsthaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Do you actually have a problem? or are you just asking for proof of a document that cannot be posted online?
The problem is people have concerns and fears about using their service for shipping snakes and they are not, or cannot address them.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #98
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcpixie View Post
If SYR were the ones doing the shipping, it would be a different matter.

But they aren't, they just have an account. With, in theory, different rules then those that have to be followed by anyone else using UPS.

The entire problem that people are having is that while Robyn may have gotten an exemption, for some reason people at UPS don't seem to KNOW about it.

Which leaves everyone using them with no recourse with the SHIPPER. Robyn and others from SYR are available for issues with the account, or in reference to the transaction. But they have no actual pull within the shipping company, and no way to make it known to XYZ employee that there is, actually, permission for them to ship something which is stated as against their shipping policies.

I'm sure that for some people this has gone well. But quite obviously, for others it has NOT.

If they are unable to ensure that their exemption is known and followed, what evidence do the end users have that there IS any recourse if something goes wrong?

At this point, other than some rather vague *trust us*, I haven't really seen any. They seem to be having about the same success rates with shipping snakes as other businesses that haven't protested that they have an exemption... if no one knows about it it works fine, but if it gets out that it's snakes, the WORLD ENDS. Where is our evidence to the contrary?

I definitely think its legit that people are worried, but i DONT like the way people are going about it.

I believe its been stated for awhile now, that this is a test run. Sorta like a beta program where all the finer points are still not smoothed out, but will be in the final program. That is how i look at it, and that is why i have patience with this for now.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #99
brandonsthaman
Another thing: Why don't they say on their website that you can ship snakes with their service? *Nowhere on their website to they say you can ship snakes through SYR.

*Atleast I can't find it if it's there

Old 04-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #100
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Another thing: Why don't they say on their website that you can ship snakes with their service? *Nowhere on their website to they say you can ship snakes through SYR.

*Atleast I can't find it if it's there
they have a button.... kits for snakes... right there....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipping, shipyourreptiles, shipyourreptiles.com, syr, ups